PDA

View Full Version : Criss Angel

u_say_go
06-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Has anyone seen this guy's show, MindFreak? I've seen every episode, and each time I get more and more frustrated trying to figure out how he does some of those things! Like this...... www.break.com/index/sawtrick.html
:stare

pOrk
06-20-2006, 12:04 AM
I saw it once, what days is he on? He does some very cool stuff!

68RR440
06-20-2006, 12:06 AM
That guy is the sh!t, the dude made a elephant vanish, how the hell did he do that one? :confused Sh!t like that freaks me out!:stare I want to go find him when I'm in Vegas, see the stuff in person. :headbang
He puts that David Blaine douche-bag to shame! :durr :chair:
Hes on Wednesday nights at 9.

USMARINE1108
06-20-2006, 02:47 AM
That's some crazy stuff. :wooo

68RR440
06-20-2006, 03:51 AM
Has anyone seen this guy's show, MindFreak? I've seen every episode, and each time I get more and more frustrated trying to figure out how he does some of those things! Like this...... www.break.com/index/sawtrick.html
:stare
Shouldn't that saw blade have been spinning in the other direction to cut anything? :confused

Slow Joe
06-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Hrmmm as I said last time when I saw something from his show... WTF, How did he pull that one off???

wikked
06-20-2006, 09:29 AM
fake torso =P
Camera cuts away so many times, it's all editing.
Just like David Blaine's levitation...it's edited. 1/2 is wires pulling him off the ground with no one around, only showing legs/feet.... other half is upper body only and crowd going insane... put the two together and yay.
The ones where it shows him full body is the Balducci levitation (wikipedia it), notice it shows him at an angle, with one foot always hidden behind the other at an angle.

Al
06-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Yep. It is all a well organized illusion.

u_say_go
06-20-2006, 10:17 AM
fake torso =P
Camera cuts away so many times, it's all editing.
Just like David Blaine's levitation...it's edited. 1/2 is wires pulling him off the ground with no one around, only showing legs/feet.... other half is upper body only and crowd going insane... put the two together and yay.
The ones where it shows him full body is the Balducci levitation (wikipedia it), notice it shows him at an angle, with one foot always hidden behind the other at an angle.

so, when can we expect to see "Wikked Mindfreak"? lol
We all know there's something to these illusions, but they are still great! Walking on water, floating 50 feet above the ground from building to building, swallowing a quarter then slicing open his wrist and pulling the quarter out......everything he does is incredible.

wikked
06-20-2006, 12:31 PM
hehe... some of those drive me nuts too.
It's kinda sad that alot of them have innocent bystanders that are in on it.

I've never watched Criss Angel before (god that name sounds so :gay), Blaine makes me mad enough :)

There are self-tying shoelaces you can buy to duplicate Blaine's trick. Crazy.
Also the quarter he bites a chunk off of, it just folds down.

I still dunno how the hell he pulls that chicks teeth out... you can SEE her tongue go in the holes, and then spits them back into place... :stare

Scales
06-20-2006, 12:48 PM
FAKE!!!

:rolf

Al
06-20-2006, 01:19 PM
There are no innocent bystanders. BTW- if they were all casual onlookers, why are there no normal people standing by. All of the people on there are paid extras who sign a contract to keep their mouth's shut about what actually happens.

Does anyone here actually believe this stuff?

sidewayzbimmer
06-20-2006, 02:53 PM
No im sure we all know its fake or should! Its just looking at it makes it look so real.

u_say_go
06-20-2006, 05:27 PM
There are no innocent bystanders. BTW- if they were all casual onlookers, why are there no normal people standing by. All of the people on there are paid extras who sign a contract to keep their mouth's shut about what actually happens.

Does anyone here actually believe this stuff?
we all know there isnt some voodoo magic schit that allows this guy to float and walk on water, he's an ILLUSIONIST! We fully understand it's "fake", that's not the question here. As far as the onlookers being paid extras who sign a contract....have you watched the show? 80% of the things he does is on the streets in vegas or in the Aladdin Hotel. You really think that the producers are handing out contracts and $100 bills to everyone in Vegas? Even if thats the case, and it's all set up and fake and edited, explain how illusionists do it on stage, in front of a paying audience.
I've seen Doug Henning, David Copperfield, Rick Wilcox, Lance Burton all in person performing and they are incredible too.
I get a kick out of everyone who thinks they have the answer to this, because obviously they are more frustrated trying to figure this stuff out than I am, someone who just takes it for what it's worth- good entertainment.

Mike, LMMFAO!!!!!! I knew it was coming :rolf

MurphysLaw88GT
06-20-2006, 05:33 PM
there is no blood on the blade LOL

Slow Joe
06-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I figured that there'd be alot of blood on the blade if it actually cut him in half... :rolf That'd only make sence, havn't these people ever seen horror movies...

u_say_go
06-20-2006, 05:49 PM
wikked, you nailed it with the :sgay comment. Watch his show wednesday, 9pm on A&E, just listen to the way he talks, HOLY H0M0- but, he always has some hot tail with him.

Scales
06-20-2006, 05:59 PM

I didn't wanna disappoint you. ;)

68RR440
06-21-2006, 08:40 PM
new episode in 10 minutes on A&E :thumbsup

Al
06-21-2006, 10:29 PM
we all know there isnt some voodoo magic schit that allows this guy to float and walk on water, he's an ILLUSIONIST! We fully understand it's "fake", that's not the question here. As far as the onlookers being paid extras who sign a contract....have you watched the show? 80% of the things he does is on the streets in vegas or in the Aladdin Hotel. You really think that the producers are handing out contracts and $100 bills to everyone in Vegas? Even if thats the case, and it's all set up and fake and edited, explain how illusionists do it on stage, in front of a paying audience.
I've seen Doug Henning, David Copperfield, Rick Wilcox, Lance Burton all in person performing and they are incredible too.
I get a kick out of everyone who thinks they have the answer to this, because obviously they are more frustrated trying to figure this stuff out than I am, someone who just takes it for what it's worth- good entertainment.

I was guessing everyone here knew the illusion aspect of the show, but I still come across people who keep asking 'but it could be real.'

In the shows, there ARE paid extras. They don't earn that much, but they are supposed to act impressed at what happens. Extra = actor. BTW- since when do all of the people walking around vegas or LA look that good?

Some of the other guys (copperfield...) are damn good illusionists. I'm impressed by them, but it is these guys who try to make viewers think they have 'special powers' kinda ruffle my feathers.

y2kws6
06-22-2006, 05:52 AM
I just really like when he does all the stuff on the street. Out in the open

Dan