PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get in an unusual accident not involving another car

UnderPSI
06-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Last night, I had a really close call. I was riding my dad's Harley with my girlfriend and I got on the brakes hard because I thought a coyote was running in front of me. Turns out it was a friggin huge owl of some sort. If I wouldn't have hit the brakes it would have hit me square in the head. The only other close call I had was on Mikes bike, (redgsx) I hit a little deer going about ten miles an hour. I just knocked the deer over and I got the foot peg stuck in my calf trying to keep the bike from falling over.

Just wondering who else had strange accidents or near misses not involving other cars.

hrsp
06-18-2006, 08:09 PM
almost took out a dog on the freeway:wow craziest thing i eva saw... still dont know why tyhe hell he was out there...

Holeshot
06-18-2006, 08:15 PM
This is no ****. When I was living in Shawano, I was delivering some parts to an account about 15 miles out of town. I had a 25 lb Tom turkey come off his roost and it came through the Windshield of the Napa truck. It hit almost dead center. I had to bring the bird back as the boss thought I was bull shitting. Also had to go for drug testing. I passed but the trukey didn't. The trooper laughed his ass off when he was writing the report.

hrsp
06-18-2006, 08:51 PM
lol thats great

theavenger333
06-18-2006, 09:04 PM
i smashed a dumb doe around hunting season in the pickup going about 65. she lost badly

fireguyrick
06-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Pedestrian count?

Rick

88Nightmare
06-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I had a 98 SHO and I hit 2 coyotes, exactly one week apart, on the same road, same location, same time of night, and hit them with the same front left corner on the car. Both left no damage, except for a little fur stuck in the headlights. lol

Cryptic
06-18-2006, 09:50 PM
hit a possum doing 65mph... felt like the front end of my truck went half a foot air born.

88Nightmare
06-18-2006, 09:54 PM
friend of mine nailed a canadian goose on the freeway doin about 80. Saw nothin but feathers, and his lowered honda was undamaged lol

STEALTHZR2
06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
I was driving my silverado going to work and hit a geese on my front grill. The geese was flying to fast to land and I never saw him coming down. All I heard after the hit was QUACK!! He went under my truck and wobbled away. Scared the **** out of me. I’ve hit some racoons with the ZR2 felt like a couple speed bumps.

Al
06-18-2006, 11:43 PM
The funniest/saddest thing about hitting a possum is that they look at you just before you run over them. The last time this happened to me was on Lincoln Memorial drive a few years ago.

All I can say about that is "he saw the light. . . twice!"

Did any of you ever find a dried up bat (like batman) stuck to your grill?

A few days ago, I was driving at night and hit a cloud of moths. I kinda saw something the size of a bird swoop through one of my headlight beams, but not the other. The next day, I found a little fuzzy (dead) bat wrapped around the lip of the hood of my car.

Firefighter Z
06-19-2006, 12:10 AM
I hit a Seagal with my CRX... It got stuck in my grill pretty good, so I had to pry it out with a log.
I also hit a skunk with my '81 Lincoln Town Car, man did the car smell weeks.

Poncho
06-19-2006, 12:17 AM
a friend of mine from highschool was out with her sister once.she was on this back country road at night when she saw something white and black in the road she slammed on the brakes and narrowly missed creaming....................................

a cow. thank god, there would have been milk, cheese, hamburger and steak all over the road...

VroomPshhTsi
06-19-2006, 01:00 AM
there would have been milk, cheese, hamburger and steak all over the road...
:rolf :rolf :rolf

I was driving south on Moorland (just past the bridge for i-43) and noticed something out of the corner of my eye so I look over and notice a deer running along side the car. I hit the brakes and just as I start to slow down he crosses right in front of the car but I hit the brakes even harder and ended up only giving him a little nudge which took out his back legs and spun him out (both car and deer were fine). Kinda funny when I look back but at the time it was a little scary...

nismodave
06-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Ive almost hit Geese at Road America and Gratten Race courses.

Those fvckers dont get out of the way.

ThatWhiteCivic
06-19-2006, 02:38 AM
Hit a cat or something with similar build on the freeway going about 65-70 in my old Nissan 300zx I somehow managed to get a handful of hair/fur in between the tire and rim. burned the hair off with a lighter and that was the last of that. No damage to the tire :headbang

Teej
06-19-2006, 06:55 AM
I hit a Seagal with my CRX...

You hit Seagal? Which one of his ex wives paid you to do it?

Teej
06-19-2006, 07:01 AM
As to me, a deer was the cause of my motorcycle crunch....

Was late april, less than a month after getting the priller (2nd bike). Was just out cruisin' around through Holy Hill area as the roads weren't all clean yet. So I'm approaching a right hander and notice the right half of the lane is covered with dirt and gravel and salt yet. So I take the left half and head into the curve. About halfway through, a deer jumps out halfway across the road and sees me and stops - blocking the half of the lane I'm in (as well as part of oncoming traffic. In that same instant, I also saw a headlight beyond the deer (oncoming) but didn't have time to process how far away it was. I wasn't going fast, but I was going fast enough that stopping would've put me into the deer or oncoming lane. Thus my only choice was to tighten up the curve and hope for the best in the gravel. I almost made it. Almost. Nothing's worse than watching your bike slide helplessly down the tarmac.

PureSound15
06-19-2006, 08:38 AM
I hit a turkey out on 164 just past Racine ave last year with my truck, only a jake though, maybe 18 pounds.

Grim_Reeper7.0
06-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Besides Close calls on Cal Speedway and Laguna Seca, I had a interesting accident in telegraph canyon in souther california. Just another day of riding the canyons, came out of a turn about 80mph and got on it in a straight away, and BOOM!!!!! a F'n DALMATION runs in front of me. I hit him turning me into a rocket, the dog flies across the road, my bike does about 10 flips down the road.... So after im done sliding 60+ feet on my chest (this is why i love leathers) i get up and in shock start bitching and yelling (meanwhile my friends are moving my bike back to the side of the road and drag the mangled dog off the road.... So I go back to my bike, luckily all damage is cosmetic other then the forks being slightly bent but good enough to ride. So after i calm down i get back on the bike and we head 40 miles back to the house. Go about a mile down the road and wonder why my bike is lagging.....well i knew my rear set was bent but i didnt realize how bad...everytime i went over a bump my rear swingarm was pushing my rear brake cylinder in and loading my rear brakes. So i make it home a while later with my friends still in awe of what happened and the first thing my other roomates ask me was "is the dog ok" Are you kidding me? The dam dog just caused about 5K in damage to my bike, who gives a rats ass about the dog. Still to this day cant figure out what that dog was doing out there, we were 20 miles out from ANYTHING!!!! just desert canyons..... ANyways, thats my story!

Cjburn
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I hit a monster racoon with my Nissan pickup when I was up north around Rhinelander. The stood up and put his paws up when I hit him (probably going like 15 mph after slamming on the brakes). He rolled over a couple times, got back on all fours, gave me a "F" you look, and limped off into the underbrush. The second non car accident was a big doe I hit doing 75 in Occonto Falls, nothing really out of the ordinary, car was fubar'd, but the tow truck driver asked if I was going to keep the deer, and if I wasn't could he keep it. I kind of just laughed and asked him how he expected me to get it home, when my car had no radiator.

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2006, 07:45 PM
i hit a cat on hwy 60 this spring with the roush it ruined the front cover and condensor and fog laps it was a barn stray it really pissed me off.