PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need a new ignition (tumbler/switch??)

RanJer
06-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Wondering where I can find a new ignition tumbler/switch.. Not sure what it's called exactly. Just the part in the column that the key goes into. My keys were stolen and I want to just replace the whole tumbler so it has a new key so I do not have to worry. Does anyone know where I can get this? I'm not exactly sure what the part is called therefore do not know where to look. I will also need new door locks/the part the key goes in to match the new key. Any help is definetly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jer

sloLs1
06-18-2006, 04:27 PM
prolly going to have to go to the dealer for one... but i know i have replaced many at my work so an independent shop could do it too! I just call them ignition cylinder or key cylinder....

Holeshot
06-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Wondering where I can find a new ignition tumbler/switch.. Not sure what it's called exactly. Just the part in the column that the key goes into. My keys were stolen and I want to just replace the whole tumbler so it has a new key so I do not have to worry. Does anyone know where I can get this? I'm not exactly sure what the part is called therefore do not know where to look. I will also need new door locks/the part the key goes in to match the new key. Any help is definetly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jer
Year make model I can check work stock from home.;)

RanJer
06-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Found some on Ebay for 50 bux with the cylinder, harness and a new key. Locksmith said 120 to have it re-keyed. Holeshot, you can any way to get new door key holes? They used the same key. I wouldnt mind having a separate one for the door, so long as it's changed

Holeshot
06-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Found some on Ebay for 50 bux with the cylinder, harness and a new key. Locksmith said 120 to have it re-keyed. Holeshot, you can any way to get new door key holes? They used the same key. I wouldnt mind having a separate one for the door, so long as it's changed
I can check tomorrow at work What year Supra ? Door locks are in the book not in the computer catalog

RanJer
06-19-2006, 01:41 PM
85 CelicaSupra P-type, thanks again. Anyway you could order them and then get them cut? to the key that im getting with the cylinder?

Holeshot
06-19-2006, 03:17 PM
85 CelicaSupra P-type, thanks again. Anyway you could order them and then get them cut? to the key that im getting with the cylinder?
Not sure I will check and post @ lunch tomorrow. These would have keys with them if thay are available.

RanJer
06-19-2006, 03:21 PM
thatd be fine, i wouldnt mind having 2 keys.. just let me know about price/availability. Thanks!

Sleeper Sierra
06-19-2006, 05:37 PM
if you go to the dealer they can most likely cut one off the vin

Holeshot
06-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Well I checked the book and the last years was 81. I called our tech hotline and they confirmed this. Looks as if I cant help you on that one. Sorry!

RanJer
06-20-2006, 12:58 PM
if you go to the dealer they can most likely cut one off the vin

That really won't help me considering someone else has a key to my car. That's why I'm replacing it all.