PDA

View Full Version : 11.925@115.74mph 2week build!!!

Bee
06-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Our almost stock B16 turbo got into 11's last week. :goof

the setup: stock sleeve honda block :wooo with forged slugs and our specialty turbo kit with crome tuning.

from building the engine to engine swaping to fabing the turbo kit to street tuning...etc etc... in a mere 2 weeks time.

This was done at only 14psi. We had wastegate problems... got that fixed already and now doing 18psi on the streets. we'll try a 20psi run and see if we can get this little egg to do 11.5s@120mph+.....

thought i'd share this... bored so built this setup for my little bro... hehe!!!

it's a RED egg!!!

check the site out soon... i'll post timeslips and pixs.. www.beeyondeng.com

nismodave
06-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Full Interior? ET Streets?

Bee
06-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Full Interior? ET Streets?

ok so i took out the spare tire/jack and all the trash that accumulated throughout the year.....:goof

ET street: haha when did a honda really use those.....i think the only one that uses those is tri with the teg since he daily drives on them, but even then those don't hold up for FWD. Real slicks only!!!

I'm confident with ET's this car will still turn in 11.8-11.9@120mph+ @ 18-20psi easily...

just an experiment i was using "CROME" which is a free tuning software available online....

ThatWhiteCivic
06-14-2006, 12:46 PM
nice, I like the set-up a lot. 20 psi on a stock sleeve b16 all I have to say is keep it under 10.5 maybe a soild 10 would even be safer.

sloLs1
06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
good job!!!

deciuss
06-14-2006, 02:10 PM
nice :headbang

ripped2keclipse
06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
impressive

JakeJeske
06-14-2006, 09:50 PM
fast honda? who knew...

ThatWhiteCivic
06-14-2006, 10:27 PM
fast honda? who knew...

Hey hey hey I think I had one of those:rolf

Teufelhunden
06-15-2006, 11:05 AM
How much (parts and labor) for 11's?

ThatWhiteCivic
06-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Here is my old set-up (example)
92-95 Civic $1300
JDM H22a Swap (Mounts, axles, etc.) $2600
Beeyond Eng. Turbo kit Installed $2800
VAFC II $200
Dyno time and tune $300
13" Lenso and 24.5x8x13 M/T $350

About $7550 and I am confident that I was a 11.90-12.00 with a 1.6-1.7 60'

Flicktitty
06-15-2006, 02:38 PM
nice numbers!

Crawlin
06-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Congrats Bee!

Berettaspeed
06-15-2006, 04:39 PM
wow great numbers :thumbsup

HRSEPLA
06-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Nice Bee, and thanks for the Wastegate gaskets today, I'm back in business! Shop looks very nice! Sam

2SLOW
06-18-2006, 07:00 PM
that is nice fast set up with a lot of boost 4 a stocker.

Bee
06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Here is my old set-up (example)
92-95 Civic $1300
JDM H22a Swap (Mounts, axles, etc.) $2600
Beeyond Eng. Turbo kit Installed $2800
VAFC II $200
Dyno time and tune $300
13" Lenso and 24.5x8x13 M/T $350

About $7550 and I am confident that I was a 11.90-12.00 with a 1.6-1.7 60'

i can vouch for this.... a true 11 sec honda at a budget!!! The setup posted above is a perfect example of an easy 11sec beast...

we did the turbo kit and tuning on the above setup... guess rob never ran it, but could've turned in 11 timeslips without a sweat.

Our 11sec. project financial overview:
-93 honda civic $1200
-b16a swap with stage4 clutch $2000
-Beeyond Turbo Kit $2400
-750cc Injectors $300
-24.5x8x13 w/ Lenso $500
-Beeyond Eng. tuning $0.00 (reg. per/hour tune = $200)
-Crome EFI (FREE) $0.00

Total: $6400.00 if with per/hour tune $6600.00 still under $7K...

EvolvedRegal
06-20-2006, 11:38 PM
this post had jack sh it to do with the thread so the resident ahole admin removed it. Tuff if you dont like it.

micro_machine
06-21-2006, 01:59 AM
evoregal what do you have agianst bee and his shop? We don't even know you dude. Make your own post about hating us this post is call 11.925@115.74mph civic. Its not called i can't stand bee. Respect the post your just making your self look like a dumb a s s.:thumbsup

Yea big deal its only a honda. What its only and evo and a regal BIG DEAL.LOL:rolf

junk mx6 no rly
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
yeah but if you still think about it... its only a honda. Big deal.

I can honestly say I cant stand Bee and his shop

\10's with a 455 lol you got that big ass motor you better beable to hillbilly.

oh thats right its in a realgay opps ment regal.i love v8's jsut im not really a big an of hondas but hell with them getting popular and more shops around for them i can finally find a place thaqt will build my mx6 motor v8 shops wont even assemble it.:flipoff2:

Bee
06-21-2006, 03:15 PM
yeah but if you still think about it... its only a honda. Big deal.

I can honestly say I cant stand Bee and his shop

Evo = cool car
Regal = cool domestic

EvolvedRegal---> now that would be a car I wouldn't be able to stand. can we say RICE PALACE....haha!!!:thumbsup

anyhow, it makes me wonder why such a person would post an absurd comment about a particular person when that particular person have achieved nothing, but smack talking. I've always respected everyone and everything whether be a mustang or a rice honda...whether fat, handsome, pretty, ugly, or disabled. I wouldn't be in the place were i am now if i would've shared qualities similar to this dejected person. I am utterly sad to have even wrote to and about this particular distressed person. he/she should be ashamed and refrain from further smack talking because in the end she/he's still a nobody.... wake up and smell the RICE WINE.....

Bee
06-21-2006, 03:22 PM
evoregal what do you have agianst bee and his shop? We don't even know you dude. Make your own post about hating us this post is call 11.925@115.74mph civic. Its not called i can't stand bee. Respect the post your just making your self look like a dumb a s s.:thumbsup

Yea big deal its only a honda. What its only and evo and a regal BIG DEAL.LOL:rolf

to be truthful MicroMachine..... doing 11s in a econobox honda puts big time shame into desolate people like evoregal... pretty sad, but awefully true...

beeyond will continue to improve and assist in the automotive industry....whether hate us or like us!!! a big heart goes a long long way!!!:headbang

whitehatch
06-27-2006, 12:03 PM
imho bee is the best import tuner in town, ive seen a handfull of cars bee has built with stock internals, and a basic turbo kit that would put a few carlengths on one ignorant evo owner, and probably his regal too. this red hatch is one of them, i mean a 1.6L non-lsd trans, with just pistons, running 11.2's

I think its time people finally give respect where its due, i hear a whole bunch of smack talk about bee and his shop with nothing to back it up. this cars 11.2 is still faster than any other local drag honda ive seen and its a street car.

sidewayzbimmer
06-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Im not knocking bee or nething....in fact i often try to send people his way because of the work he does but didnt this car blow? Maybe i was misinformed.

Bee
06-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Im not knocking bee or nething....in fact i often try to send people his way because of the work he does but didnt this car blow? Maybe i was misinformed.

low 11sec all day long bro... got greedy and wanted a 10sec pass and up the boost... STOCK HONDA sleeve POpped...@ an amazing 26psi...:wooo pistons are mint.. no melt-downs/detonations/etc... good tune to say the least!!! Honda sleeves are weak??? I think not!!! At a HIGH 22-23psi I was dipping low 11sec with bad hookups.. I honestly believe now that the myth about weak honda sleeves is as fake as being fake...:thumbsup I'll post pixs of the carnage... near MINT pistons!!! in fact i am going to reuse them with a set of NEW rings in this same car and do a 23psi pass to possibly do a 10.99 pass...... I'll update!!! :thumbsup

Bee
06-27-2006, 06:54 PM
imho bee is the best import tuner in town, ive seen a handfull of cars bee has built with stock internals, and a basic turbo kit that would put a few carlengths on one ignorant evo owner, and probably his regal too. this red hatch is one of them, i mean a 1.6L non-lsd trans, with just pistons, running 11.2's

I think its time people finally give respect where its due, i hear a whole bunch of smack talk about bee and his shop with nothing to back it up. this cars 11.2 is still faster than any other local drag honda ive seen and its a street car.+

:thumbsup

hid-tuning
06-27-2006, 10:22 PM
I like to make fun of the little honda's but, come on guy's he was running 11's on the little set-up. well you know what they say when you break it you can then build it bigger and better. keep up the good work.:banana1:

sidewayzbimmer
06-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Well congrats bee! Good luck on the new build!

Bee
06-29-2006, 09:04 PM
ok so i finally took the pistons out.... i was cracking up... to my amazement the ROD actually failed(twisted) and punched the cylinder wall to crack.... IMFG didn't think of all the honda parts that the ROD would give up... It could've been a combination of both sleeve and rod, but at least myself and the billions now know stock potentiality.

so as far as the new build goes... NO NO NO.. the boost will be kept at 20-22psi with the SAME exact setup..... no headstuds, stock gaskets, etc etc... I have like 3 JDM b16a short blocks chilling waiting to run low-mid 11sec.. hehehe!!!!

if for some reason i best 11.27 I'll post timeslip... give me huuuummm 2 weeks.......:thumbsup

H8RADE
07-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Time...
;)

BigSnailBuick
07-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I like to make fun of the little honda's but, come on guy's he was running 11's on the little set-up. well you know what they say when you break it you can then build it bigger and better. keep up the good work.:banana1:

True that, +1

GTSLOW
07-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Our almost stock B16 turbo got into 11's last week. :goof

the setup: stock sleeve honda block :wooo with forged slugs and our specialty turbo kit with crome tuning.

from building the engine to engine swaping to fabing the turbo kit to street tuning...etc etc... in a mere 2 weeks time.

This was done at only 14psi. We had wastegate problems... got that fixed already and now doing 18psi on the streets. we'll try a 20psi run and see if we can get this little egg to do 11.5s@120mph+.....

thought i'd share this... bored so built this setup for my little bro... hehe!!!

it's a RED egg!!!

check the site out soon... i'll post timeslips and pixs.. www.beeyondeng.com

a big heart goes a long long way!!!:headbang

:thumbsup to you Bee and your shop! I may never need your services but if anyone ever asks they're going your way.

Hats off to you.

MrBigShot
07-20-2006, 09:10 PM
So do you just do Honda Engines ? I just got a Scion TC with a 2.4 L Toyata something in it :) would love to turbo it :) someday

Bee
07-21-2006, 03:01 PM
So do you just do Honda Engines ? I just got a Scion TC with a 2.4 L Toyata something in it :) would love to turbo it :) someday

We work on all IMPORTS/Sport Compact.

DSM turbo kits, etc etc.. we do!!!
Toyotas/Scions turbo kits etc etc we do!!!
Nissan turbo kits etc etc.. we do!!!
Mazda tubo kits etc etc....... we do them all...
Just about anything custom we can do!!!

if you have questions don't hesitate to ring me up....:thumbsup

Bee
07-21-2006, 03:06 PM
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1738/bentrodig7.jpg

here is a stock rod from the b16a(pr3) with SRP piston setup we ran 26psi on(11.7A/F) t3/t4 60trim. rod bent and scrapped and cracked the stock sleeves.

remember 22psi yielded 11.27@126.7mph. I may retune 26psi more conservatively and do another pass!!! will we see 10s....??? hehe!!!!

Guteman
08-04-2006, 12:42 AM
impressive, must have been not to much left over money :)

Poncho
08-09-2006, 09:26 PM
thats awesome.. **** instead of buying my gto, I coulda bought a civic on a budget and still had money left over.

very cool Bee.

maybe one day you can do a Turbo Setup for a "imported pontiac" that would be all too cool.

awsomeears
08-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Are the rods suposed to be bent ?

;-P

FANAT1C
08-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Just read this post.
Low 11's with a 1.6 ... :wooo :headbang
I dont care who you are you have to appreciate that!
Nice work Bee & crew!

TopStreetDsm
08-10-2006, 11:56 AM
2 weeks to build but less than 2 months to blow up. I just hope that wasnt a customer car.

whitehatch
08-10-2006, 12:50 PM
bee uped the boost to try to get a 10 sec pass he knew he was pushing the limits and it blew, he rebuilt the same setup in the same car a week or so after it blew and the owner has been daily driving it since on 18 lbs with no problems.

petej
08-10-2006, 12:54 PM
2 weeks to build but less than 2 months to blow up. I just hope that wasnt a customer car.

i agree, its looks like it was his brothers car, so no timeframe on a build, and looks like no real budget, i guess with those factors out of the way blowing it up isnt really that big of a deal, i am a little less impressed now

whitehatch
08-10-2006, 12:57 PM
wow what a bunch of haters

Bee
08-10-2006, 12:59 PM

jake come on dude.....don't be so negative!!! what about your car dude....hehe!!! heard this and that about it, but i wont go further....probably just all rumors....:goof

anyhow, this was my bro's car we were screwing around with.... we wanted to see the outerLIMITS of what a supposedly "WEAK" honda engine can do with the LOWEST cost pistons(SRP). NO DYNO TIME... just street tuning all on a budget too.

if you read correctly on my previous post jake, i only UPPED the boost to see it's full potential and it proved fatal even at a RICH(11.5-11:7a/f is FAT RICH FYI). weak link was the ROD itself not the sleeves!!!

this car is actually up and running 3 days after the rod bent....at a more conservative FAT FAT RICH tune on 110 octane!!! it's seen 26-30psi(40-135mph against crochrockets 900cc+ and yes we were on 26-28psi on 110octane...after 130mph the bike went up a car...damn civics don't have aerodynamics..hehe) and i can reassure the doubters that it can keep up with some of the top cars in here...hehe well... "AT A DOWNSHIFT"..........and again i'll say this again and again... this car is a "REAL" street car...not like some cars i've seen where it only sits and sits until the weekend or the next 2 months to reappear. it is daily driven on 22psi with a mix of prem. gas/octane booster... I'm confident it'll turn in in the neighborhood of 130-135mph easily.....in the 1/4....@full boost.

And to intentionally rubb-it-in, this current engine setup already has 10-11K miles driven on it(racing and commuting miles)...a true street commuter!!!

many guys here and other forums can vouch for this car w/o a problem..... heck they see it daily driven and at the tracks...

now get a grip!!!:thumbsup

Bee
08-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Are the rods suposed to be bent ?

;-P

durh....LMAO :goof

Bee
08-10-2006, 01:22 PM
bee uped the boost to try to get a 10 sec pass he knew he was pushing the limits and it blew, he rebuilt the same setup in the same car a week or so after it blew and the owner has been daily driving it since on 18 lbs with no problems.

actually minimum boost is about 22psi since we combined the 1 bar and .5bar wastegate spring........together.... hehe!!! yes whitehatch.... he's still driving back and forth from up north back to mil-town...... and races it HARD.... :chair: to the haters...hehe :thumbsup

Bee
08-10-2006, 01:30 PM
i agree, its looks like it was his brothers car, so no timeframe on a build, and looks like no real budget, i guess with those factors out of the way blowing it up isnt really that big of a deal, i am a little less impressed now

doesn't matter how impressed you are.......... most evo's and 4door's DSM will get blown away...LMAO... hehe no offense petej!!! don't get me wrong i've always liked the evo's and 4door dsms but too expensive to make one fast to begin with.... i'm getting one next year for my REAL grocery getter....it's a perfect family grocery car...and making it fast will be cool....:thumbsup

we just don't blow it up for kicks... if you aren't accustomed to the engineering world it's called R&D which stands for Research and Development. Now through our R&D even you now know what a near stock B16 will do. So when you are up against a near stock b16 turbo you'll know if you have a chance or NOT in your real Grocery getter....hehe!!! In conclusion, go pat yourself in the back or better yet have your brother do it for you....hehe!!! :goof

Bee
08-10-2006, 01:41 PM
wow what a bunch of haters

LMFAO......... hey bro if there weren't haters we wouldn't be where we are... there would be no success... no committment...no initiative.....:thumbsup instead they make us that much better!!!

I take hate'n and compliments alike....they do good for me!!!

keep up the hate'n!!!! :banana1:

Bee
08-10-2006, 01:46 PM
remember people it's the internet...... i'm still everyones' friend... even if you hate me........ :thumbsup

nismodave
08-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Wow..6 posts in a row...:loser

TopStreetDsm
08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
jake come on dude.....don't be so negative!!! what about your car dude....hehe!!! heard this and that about it, but i wont go further....probably just all rumors....:goof

Bee relax!

FOR THE RECORD! 11s in 2 weeks is impressive.

First off Im not trying to start anything. Not trying to hate or anything else. I just dont see why you are so excited about blowing the car up. You said it yourself... "You got greedy" If thats the way you want to do things fine. Just a difference in opinoin.

Second my car is fine. If you would like I will take you for a ride later to prove it.

You and I may differ, But I have not talked bad about you and I am not trying to now. YOU TOOK ME THE WRONG WAY!

Bee
08-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Bee relax!

FOR THE RECORD! 11s in 2 weeks is impressive.

First off Im not trying to start anything. Not trying to hate or anything else. I just dont see why you are so excited about blowing the car up. You said it yourself... "You got greedy" If thats the way you want to do things fine. Just a difference in opinoin.

Second my car is fine. If you would like I will take you for a ride later to prove it.

You and I may differ, But I have not talked bad about you and I am not trying to now. YOU TOOK ME THE WRONG WAY!

just don't like it when someone comes in here and say the exact word you said. we didn't just BLOW it up in 2months and got EXCITED......and then you went on to say hope it's not a cusomter's car like we really blow people's car up for R&D bro.. come on dude.... none of this should be said... clearly this is OUR project and it's to educate people amongst you and the others in here..... millions of people read these post... we are here just to prove a point on a b16 motor... let it be that way and don't mention so much neg. thoughts. this r&d is for both the haters and the complimenters alike to take advantage of..... i know you aren't a bad guy yourself.... remember i just didn't like your post...maybe the way you phrased it seemed more offensive then i thought.... or maybe it's just me....... anyhow have a nice day dude...:thumbsup

remember this though... i got greedy and turned up the boost... BUT at a safe A/F level by far!!! Not just turning it up and blasting thru the 1/4mile without a tune..... datalogging and tuning to safe maximum level is what we are about...a ROD gave up big deal....it was a test setup... TESTING a customer's car to these extreme conditions we will NOT......unless given consent!!! NOW aren't all you glad that we've done the b16 test so you don't and we only went thru 1 stock b16 sleeve and 1 bent rod and ran LOW LOW 11sec......

Bee
08-10-2006, 03:01 PM
hey guys really no offense check your pm's

twicks69
08-10-2006, 04:40 PM
doesn't matter how impressed you are.......... most evo's and 4door's DSM will get blown away...LMAO... hehe no offense petej!!! don't get me wrong i've always liked the evo's and 4door dsms but too expensive to make one fast to begin with.... i'm getting one next year for my REAL grocery getter....it's a perfect family grocery car...and making it fast will be cool....:thumbsup

we just don't blow it up for kicks... if you aren't accustomed to the engineering world it's called R&D which stands for Research and Development. Now through our R&D even you now know what a near stock B16 will do. So when you are up against a near stock b16 turbo you'll know if you have a chance or NOT in your real Grocery getter....hehe!!! In conclusion, go pat yourself in the back or better yet have your brother do it for you....hehe!!! :goof

Bee, anyone can put a larger turbo on a B-series and do 500-600whp on a stock block. It still had a short life because of several reasons. First, you were tuning on the ragged edge without dyno time to back up your tune. Second, reliability was definitely not a concern to you since it has blown up a few times now. Third, the limits of stock rods have been known for some time now; you didn't do much R&D except for showing that you are good at breaking stuff. Don't take that one from me -- I am the "Professional Parts Breaker" :thumbsup Fourth, putting your tuning aside, I wouldn't be tuning for 11.7:1's on 110 at that boost level; but would reccomend tuning a little safer towards 11.2:1 with a little more conservative ignition timing map. I am happy that you made an 11.2 pass with your car on slicks in your 2600# car.

I understand it was a project, and that you really didn't care if you blew it up. We just have differing points of views; no disrespect.

For everyone else out there, keep this in mind:

You can only have two of these things:
1) Cheap
2) Fast
3) Reliable

If this would have been a customers car, they would have picked the wrong two.

As a shop owner, it is much more important to put out vehicles that are reliable because it comes back to the quality of the work that you let come out of your shop. If your customers are on a budget, you should reccomend a setup that is more realistic for their purposes, or they should understand that it is going to cost more to reach their goals.

As for myself, I have a full awareness of this topic, as I have changed several setups over the years I have owned my DSM, broken many parts, and have learned that reliability is much more important because it costs less in the long run.

I look forward to seeing this car at the track, as I am calling you out in my FULL WEIGHT daily driver. I will be at Import Race Wars #5 on August 20th.

Good luck,

Poncho
08-10-2006, 05:39 PM
2 weeks to build but less than 2 months to blow up.

:rolf :rolf :rolf kind of a jerk thing to say but how it came off was a bit funny.

micro_machine
08-13-2006, 06:32 AM
WOW alote of smack talking wow wow :wooo I mean there's nothing wrong with my car just 22psi driving all around up north to down south. :thumbsup Yea 11s not the fastest s h i t but come on guys we were just proving a point on rods and blocks and what should be done and what not.. Whats all the stir about? Lets drink :alcoholic and ill try to make it to #5 twicks.:thumbsup

TopStreetDsm
08-13-2006, 12:15 PM
but come on guys we were just proving a point on rods and blocks and what should be done and what not.. Whats all the stir about?

NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT FURTHER!!!

Just saying, that when this is said in hindsight, it comes across like an excuse. Originally it was "we got greedy" now its R&D. I am not going to beat this up. I am not trying to start anything. My whole point is: when you are bragging about how Cheap, Fast, and Well this was put together.... And it lets go.... Just stop there. Not with the car... But with the bragging.

You are not (as much) doing the R&D as you are proving a point that Tim Z had.

1) Cheap
2) Fast
3) Reliable

That all Im trying to say.

Bee
08-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Bee, anyone can put a larger turbo on a B-series and do 500-600whp on a stock block. It still had a short life because of several reasons. First, you were tuning on the ragged edge without dyno time to back up your tune. Second, reliability was definitely not a concern to you since it has blown up a few times now. Third, the limits of stock rods have been known for some time now; you didn't do much R&D except for showing that you are good at breaking stuff. Don't take that one from me -- I am the "Professional Parts Breaker" :thumbsup Fourth, putting your tuning aside, I wouldn't be tuning for 11.7:1's on 110 at that boost level; but would reccomend tuning a little safer towards 11.2:1 with a little more conservative ignition timing map. I am happy that you made an 11.2 pass with your car on slicks in your 2600# car.

I understand it was a project, and that you really didn't care if you blew it up. We just have differing points of views; no disrespect.

For everyone else out there, keep this in mind:

1) Cheap
2) Fast
3) Reliable

If this would have been a customers car, they would have picked the wrong two.

As a shop owner, it is much more important to put out vehicles that are reliable because it comes back to the quality of the work that you let come out of your shop. If your customers are on a budget, you should reccomend a setup that is more realistic for their purposes, or they should understand that it is going to cost more to reach their goals.

As for myself, I have a full awareness of this topic, as I have changed several setups over the years I have owned my DSM, broken many parts, and have learned that reliability is much more important because it costs less in the long run.

I look forward to seeing this car at the track, as I am calling you out in my FULL WEIGHT daily driver. I will be at Import Race Wars #5 on August 20th.

Good luck,

dang i was watching the reruns ONDEMAND on cable and saw the NOVA vs. CAMARO PINKS episode ...boy was it funny... the Camaro dude kept on saying 1million dollar car vs. his swampmeet car...LMAO... just funny because Twicks was mentioning about cheap builds..... FYI: hondas are this way....doesn't take much for a near STOCK HONDA to hit 11s and sometimes 10s.....hehe!!!:thumbsup most people pick on ricey hondas and don't even know that that rice rocket is faster or nearly as fast....hehe!!!

twicks i get your drift.... just that we wanted to prove a point..... not everyone has $15,000 to invest into their ride....fyi 20-22psi in this setup is just as reliable or maybe even more reliable then most DSMs pushing low 11sec..... again the setup only blew a rod due to 26psi... and about me being a shop owner and tuning for reliablitiy.. i don't think anyone should tell me about tuning issues....this car came in at a very conservative tune to begin with.......i've datalogged and inspected everything.... this setup gave all of us an insight on how much a near stock honda engine can withstand....
twicks this setup wasn't about reliablity of customer's cars.... can't you and the other guys understand this...... seems like more and more hate'n dude... this b16 setup was for TESTING TESTING TESTING>>>>>durh people.... a near 10sec run gets flamed.....lets accept this FACT and have a BEEr....:alcoholic :thumbsup :banana

and twicks... not anyone can put a "BIG" turbo and do 500-600whp....on a B motor. don't give me that crap bro.... that is pretty superficial....quite discriminating... you make it seem like making those power especially from you as a GODlike tuner come overnight... be real dude... stop the hate'n.. you are pretty cool in person.. maybe i just misunderstand you differently through forums...and english writing... hummm let's try to communicate in CHINESE...LMAO.. but really...though... get a grip dude!!!! it would be like me saying your 4g63 is a joke and anyone can build it even my 3yr old can do it with his eyes closed... woooooo 600-700whp 4g63..big deal.... get my drift????

And you say about tuning 11.6-11.7a/f isn't sufficient...enough!!! your response is irrelevant because you have no ideal what my mapping is like. timing, timing retard due to boost, fuel trim, etc etc.. bro... your insight need not be!!! I bet if i bent the ROD at 11.3-11.4a/f you would've told me: "10.5a/f would be better"..... dude i've been there done that!!! get this through everyone's head: BENT ROD...... and you say that the rod's are weak why because KIDJOE on SUPERSTREET said that??? oh and didn't you believe the myth that honda sleeves are weak??? wait from IMPORT TUNER!!! We do our own testing dude!!! no need to believe the internet and magazine hype!!! many can vouch for me in this sense..... do it yourself and understand it... don't be a magazine addict!!!!

Bee
08-14-2006, 03:25 PM
NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT FURTHER!!!

Just saying, that when this is said in hindsight, it comes across like an excuse. Originally it was "we got greedy" now its R&D. I am not going to beat this up. I am not trying to start anything. My whole point is: when you are bragging about how Cheap, Fast, and Well this was put together.... And it lets go.... Just stop there. Not with the car... But with the bragging.

You are not (as much) doing the R&D as you are proving a point that Tim Z had.

That all Im trying to say.

oh oh oh jake... i'm not going to further anymore of my comments... let it end here.. you have a 9sec car.... you are faster then that red econobox... no more arguing....:goof

Bee
08-14-2006, 03:26 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf kind of a jerk thing to say but how it came off was a bit funny.

exactly dude...... i guess i'm not a retard after all...... LMAO :rolf

turbogarrett
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
"hondas are this way....doesn't take much for a near STOCK HONDA to hit 11s and sometimes 10s.....hehe!!!"

Only in the honda world is a motor with forged pistons and full turbo kit called near stock. By those standards my engine practically bone stock, Tim's is mildly modded and Jake's would still be fairly heavily modded:D

whitehatch
08-15-2006, 02:41 AM
how do you figure its not nearly stock, comparing to jakes and tims fully sleeved, stroked cars, with full drag trans' , etc. this car has cheap pistons, and a basic b-series vtec turbo setup, and a stock non-lsd trans, you guys are rediculous. you just cant give respect to a fast honda, that was built for pennies on the dollar for what you guys spent on your car, and its DAILY DRIVEN.

turbogarrett
08-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Relax, just pointing out I think it's funny a car that has had an engine swap, engine work and a turbo kit was called nearly stock.

Bee
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
how do you figure its not nearly stock, comparing to jakes and tims fully sleeved, stroked cars, with full drag trans' , etc. this car has cheap pistons, and a basic b-series vtec turbo setup, and a stock non-lsd trans, you guys are rediculous. you just cant give respect to a fast honda, that was built for pennies on the dollar for what you guys spent on your car, and its DAILY DRIVEN.

OK whitehatch has said it all.... he has pointed out MY POINTS exactly...but in a better way........ahahahahahaha... LMAO :goof :banana AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN WE "END" it here??? admins admins..... shut this off!!!

ps my next post will be "10.9@130mph 2 weeks build" with a similar setup and boy i'm sure there will be FLAMMING......

micro_machine
08-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Relax, just pointing out I think it's funny a car that has had an engine swap, engine work and a turbo kit was called nearly stock.

The point is we didn't need and ls1 to run 11s. ok.:thumbsup cause the 1.6 did it for us:rolf .

micro_machine
08-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Jake with all the respect am i going to see and 8s run from all the braggin from your guys for hmmm the past 2yrs? I know one thing Jake why your making all these comments about bee your DSM was stuck in 11s for 3yrs until you invested another 20g on top of the other 20g right?

BtW- Bee who cares what these DsM guys says i now i din't spend 15g or 20g's broke 5 or 6 tranns on my car to run there low 11s time so we prove a point and thats it.:thumbsup.

turbogarrett
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
The point is we didn't need and ls1 to run 11s. ok.:thumbsup cause the 1.6 did it for us:rolf .

OUCH! That was a pretty good comeback:rolf It's all in good fun.

whitehatch
08-16-2006, 01:31 AM
:rolf hahahaha:goof

ThatWhiteCivic
08-16-2006, 01:57 AM
Hey Marc just come over and I get some pics of your Nova. $1200 is a steal you'd be dumb not to buy it.

TopStreetDsm
08-16-2006, 05:22 PM
you are faster then that red econobox...

Didnt know we were comparing! HAHA!:rolf

Jake with all the respect am i going to see and 8s run from all the braggin from your guys for hmmm the past 2yrs? I know one thing Jake why your making all these comments about bee your DSM was stuck in 11s for 3yrs until you invested another 20g on top of the other 20g right?

Micro??? I honestly do not understand what you are saying. With out run on sentences, please explain this better. I am not talking sh!t... I am serious??? I think I know... Tell me if Im right.

Jake, with all respect, I am going to have to see an 8 second run because of all of the bragging from you guys for, hmm, the past 2 years? I know one thing though Jake. While your making all of these comments about Bee. Your DSM was stuck in the 11s for 3 years until you invested 20 thousand dollars, on top of the original 20 thousand dollars, correct?

IF THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! Then just wait for the 8 sec passes. You have not gone 8s so dont act like you know what it takes to get there. I dont know if any of what I have said here was bragging. Search though my posts if you would like. I am not making any comments about Bee. I think he is a nice guy. I think if you have a problem with hearing my opinion, that you should read through the forum rules about shops and posting. Commercial Posting Rules (http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7251) This is not free advertizement. I have never come in here attempting to get business. I am just saying, you want to get upset about a few comments people are making... But you are asking for it. I mean Bee... Look at your signature. Furthermore, "stuck in the 11s" I was not. I bought this car bone stock and had it doing 11.6 with in a few months. If you would like to talk turkey then here it goes. I bought the car for 2800.oo. I invested 6000.oo into the car. Daily drove it with pump gas. (on and off the track) The car weighed 3000lbs with me out of it. and I did it on a 144k motor with HKS cams, a Mitsu head gasket and ARP studs. This was a stock unopened shortblock on 22psi. Before you even say it... I was pulling 1.9sec 60' times so please dont bring up the AWD thing. I bet your fwd, open diff, slicks honda is pulling better 60' s then my miss matched, used, General P tires were. What I have invested in the car at this point is for me to know. Do your research on DSMs with 35r's on them and then tell me I was stuck in the 11s. I have a greater image in mind. If you want to here bragging then how about: The first time I went to the track on an entirely new setup I went 9.959 @ 141 on 640whp.

ps my next post will be "10.9@130mph 2 weeks build" with a similar setup

Do you mean a different car??? Because otherwise this is more than a 2 week build...

how do you figure its not nearly stock, comparing to jakes and tims fully sleeved, stroked cars, with full drag trans' , etc. you guys are rediculous. and its DAILY DRIVEN.

I am not sure who you are. But just because....

If you are saying that honda is nearly stock, then mine is closer to stock because it came turbocharged and you added yours.

You dont sleeve dsms!

I didnt compair!

Tims does not have (a very streetable, dogbox) YET!

Tims IS DAILY DRIVEN! For the last 4 years that he has owned the car. Minor things here and there, but otherwise every day... Even winter. In fact, I remeber 1.5 SECOND 60' times on SNOW TIRES!!!

P.S. If someone would like to quote me go ahead, but please edit the quote so it does not take up another screen full of quote.

Ka24et
08-17-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't see why people have to compaire the two cars. The DSM has major overhaul and is made (correct me if I'm wrong Jake) with the purpose of running some insanely fast ass times (back when he was putting the car together he was looking for 1000whp) Who care's how much money he put into the car at this point. He has taken the time to insure that most of the parts on his car won't break and since the car is together it is safe to assume he could pay for it all. What the civic did in two weeks is pretty kick ass but 11's and 9's are a lot more than just a built motor and some boost, look at how many imports are in the 11's and how many imports have broken the 10.00 brick wall. god im sick of reading all this bullshit.

Peace!

Syclone0044
08-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Hey Bee, thanks for posting this, I found it very interesting to read about this 2 week build including a financial budget list. Great results!! It really opened my eyes to what a turbo Honda costs. I was thinking it was about 3 times the price you spent. :thumbsup Lots of respect for you here!!

to be truthful MicroMachine..... doing 11s in a econobox honda puts big time shame into desolate people like evoregal... pretty sad, but awefully true...

beeyond will continue to improve and assist in the automotive industry....whether hate us or like us!!! a big heart goes a long long way!!!:headbang

I agree a lot with what you said, it was funny to hear you point that out. I will also say between reading your posts on BCM and your website, it seems like your English/typing skills have improved greatly!!! Far easier to read than a year ago.

hid-tuning
08-20-2006, 03:34 AM
WOW! sounds like a pissing contest take it to the track . and when you blow them up you can take them back to your shop's and rebuild them. HEHE

TopStreetDsm
08-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Didnt know we were comparing! HAHA!:rolf

Learn to read.

Looks to me like everyone else wanted to drop it, considering that there hasent been a responce in a few days here.

Bee
08-21-2006, 12:09 PM
hehe this is getting funny!!!

i'll post timeslip when the red econobox hits 10s.... hopefully this time the urguing disease wont spread so much!!!! :thumbsup

it's so easy to accept fast dsms, yotas, and now lets accept fast hondas...hehe!!! :thumbsup :banana