PDA

View Full Version : Props to Dennis at Midas

Heat Seeker WS6
06-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Dennis from the Midas on Hwy 100 in Hales Corners was able to fix a broken header of mine in a matter of hours today. I was told by numerous people that it would be near impossible to fix at best. The #2 runner broke totally free where it meets the collector after the exhaust took a bit hit from debris in the road which also shifted it to the pass side. He got creative and cut an access hole in the runner just before it meets the collector and rewelded it from the inside out and then sealed the runner. The geometry of the header was dead on still and the header seals perfectly to the head after his work and there is no exhaust leak anywhere.

Thanks Dennis for the great work! :headbang :headbang

0TransAm0
06-13-2006, 08:14 PM
cool ****. how much did it cost ya? would it have been easier or cheeper to just buy new ones?
either way its still cool ****.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-13-2006, 08:24 PM
It was under $50 and new ones would have been a pita in general.

MoreTorque
06-13-2006, 08:36 PM
He always did a great job for a crazy low price on my stuff. Good guy!

0TransAm0
06-13-2006, 08:40 PM
damn under $50 thats one hell of a sweet deal. wonder what he'd charge for a true dual set up. im looking into one but its gotta go ALL the way out the back and i want to keep my magnaflow tips.

SlowStee
06-13-2006, 11:39 PM
damn under $50 thats one hell of a sweet deal. wonder what he'd charge for a true dual set up. im looking into one but its gotta go ALL the way out the back and i want to keep my magnaflow tips.
I wanted him to do mine, but he was out sick at the time...give him a call and ask, he's done T.D's before.

its the midas in hales corners

Heat Seeker WS6
06-13-2006, 11:50 PM

He did some trick welding for sure, but far from a full exhaust setup. call him for $$

Pantera99GS
06-14-2006, 05:59 AM
He helped me out with a busted flex pipe in the Buick- I wouldn't hesitate to take my car back there!