PDA

View Full Version : anybody get ripped off on ebay before?

rally_scort
06-12-2006, 11:10 PM
i filed a claim with paypal today since i didnt get the turbo i bought off ebay june 2nd...the seller never sent the turbo out and wont respond to my emails so i had to take the long process with paypal and file a claim...has anybody dealt with paypal claims and how long do they usually take cuz i dont want to wait a month to find out the seller is in jail or something stupid like that:fire ...?

SloFarmTruck
06-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Not to be the bearer of bad news but paypall probably wont do anything for you. Paypalls fine print is very protective of there assets. good luck though. I hope it works out for you.

pOrk
06-13-2006, 12:32 AM
If he doesn't have the funds in his account, your ****ed.

I have lost over a grand because of paypals " protection policy "

Dont believe everything you read, they have hundreds of pages of fine print that basically says HAHA if you get screwed.

So, in the words of paypal AND ebay: HAHA!

/asshole

EvolvedRegal
06-13-2006, 12:35 AM
did you use a bank account or a CC? if a CC reverse the charges right away.

Hey pork come down to the shop tomorrow, my tranny finally got back.

pOrk
06-13-2006, 12:36 AM
^ bout time

I will be up there tomorrow for a little bit, might drop off the bike. I am sick of lookin at the damn caddy

SlowAccord
06-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Good luck with that, I have dealt with both Ebay and Paypal before on things like this. Paypal was able to get me a refund on on of the items and Ebay ended up doing nothing both times. So I wish you luck!

DirtyMax
06-13-2006, 01:29 PM
I use a CC through Paypal. If Paypal won't fight for it, usually the CC provider will. Direct debit through your bank account, yer' prolly fuct.

Slow Joe
06-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I use a CC through Paypal. If Paypal won't fight for it, usually the CC provider will. Direct debit through your bank account, yer' prolly fuct.

My thoughts exactly...

SlowAccord
06-13-2006, 02:55 PM

Yup, learned that the hard way to the tune of $500:mad:

rally_scort
06-13-2006, 03:29 PM
ah...yeah i used my checking account...worst comes to worse ill take a nice vacation down to knoxville kentucky and visit the bastard...ive got his address off ebay so ill check the white pages and see if i can get his phone number...otherwise i guess like u all said im ****ed...

Mssplayboybunie
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
That really sucks to hear, but when you purchase or sell stuff on ebay your gambling 50/50 of recieving the item or payment and thats something that you have to deal with. Did you check the feedback of this person that you bought from? I stopped purchasing items from people with less then 99% positive I know there's still a risk but the more buyers and positive feedback a seller has the better chances of getting what you payed for.

Moparjim
06-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I have never had a problem, and have bought and sold hundreds of things, including cars up to $35,000. You have to protect yourself and keep all documents. When shipping insist on something with tracking and delivery confirmation, when buying or selling. Have a timetable - it MUST be shipped and get you a confirm and tracking number within like 3 days for example. A lot of the scammers try to DELAY you so that they have time to empty the money from their Paypal account, or get a bunch of people on the line before they all realize it and post feedback and file claims shutting down their accounts. Buy only from sellers with good feedback and lots of it - I also LOOK at their purchases and see what they have bought/sold, and check bidders for anything odd - a lot of people have what will appear to be people they know bidding their auctions up and leaving them feedback. The couple of times I have been scammed either Ebay or Paypal have paid up. Be persistant file claims with Ebay, Paypal, CC, everything. The Paypal thing is they won't take the money back if the guy no longer has it, if he still sells stuff if he EVER has it they swipe it and give it to you!

rally_scort
06-13-2006, 03:56 PM
the seller had 97% feedback and had over 100 transactions...he emailed me today and said he is in the middle of moving and lost his liscence a few days ago and he wants me to call him to straighten this out...i sent him an email back and told him to get bent.im not goin to call tennesee to straighten something out thats not my fuch up...i told him i will continue to file claims and get other parties involved if my turbo is not here by tomorrow afternoon.i told him its not my problem if he has personal problems considering i paid for the damn thing two weeks ago and havent heard back from him...the wierd thing about this whole thing is that the account of the seller is to a lady and the guy emailing me has the same last name so it makes me wonder if this is the ladies son using her account and tried to scam me but now i might have scared him enough to send the damn thing out...who knows but i will no longer buy off ebay unless its a last resort which this situation was...if anybody really cares or is bored enough i will keep u guys and girls posted...:fire :fire :fire

Holeshot
06-13-2006, 03:58 PM
I use a CC not a bank card just for that reason. CC companies will fight for you.

Slow Joe
06-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I remember a few years back I sent out a check for a crank I bought off ebay... Guy never shipped it, promising he would the next week... I finally found his number, called his house, got his mom, and told her I'd like my $400 back... He called me the next day and my money came back to me... in incriments between $50 and $150... Oh and it took about 6 mo to collect the whole sum...

rally_scort
06-13-2006, 04:09 PM
ah nice...i cant wait to see where this whole bs goes...ill give the guy a call in a few minutes and see what he says

rally_scort
06-13-2006, 04:21 PM
heres a surprise...the kid is 16...the number he gave me is the home number and i talked to his mommie...shes overnighting the turbo tonight...if not i could always post the number on here and you guys can do what u like with it...jk.0:rolf :rolf ...we"ll see what happens

theavenger333
06-13-2006, 05:35 PM
kinda wondering here, he gave you his number to call him originally and you didn't? emailing back and forth and back and forth is a pain, after a little pressure he gave you his number to work it out, shoulda just done that right away. i've got 3 ebay accounts, buyer and seller, over 1000 transactions in total. only ever had a real problem once, it all depends on how you do buisness and such.

rally_scort
06-13-2006, 05:51 PM
no...what happened is i emailed back and forth to him twice...the last time i talked to him was a few days after the auction and i didnt hear back from him since then...the last email was just stating that he was goin to ship the turbo out the next day and hed email me back with trackin numbers but i never got an email..i sent about 6 more everyday and never heard back from him..i ended up filing a claim on ebay as well as paypal and then after that i heard back from him and then he gave me his number...if i had the number in the beginnin i woulda had my turbo already...his mom knew nothing about him using her account and im guessin hes gunna get a spanking when he gets home....:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

0TransAm0
06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
^^LMAO i hope you get your stuff man. ive been scammed once and ebay did NOTHING for me and i lost about 350 but you olive and learn. i have yet to buy ANYTHING off of ebay.