PDA

View Full Version : WTB LT1 headers....

Heat Seeker WS6
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
I may need 93-95 single cat headers with Y-pipe. Anybody have a set or know of someone? I may need them by the weekend...

thanks,
John

loudrsls1
06-12-2006, 01:47 PM
john what you do. hope you didnt wreck that ypipe?

Heat Seeker WS6
06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Got ran off the road (no guidewires involved) and the exhaust took a pretty hard hit that shifted the cat & y-pipe assembly up and to the passanger side. Doing so broke the #2 header tube from where it meets the collector and jammed the y-pipe to header bolt- which eventually broke when I tried untightening it. Kory 88LT1Iroc is going to see if its repairable if not I need to buy a new set.

JohnnyT
06-12-2006, 02:06 PM
My god John. You ever think about getting rid of that thing and getting a Kia or something???

PHDcamaro
06-12-2006, 03:07 PM
John.... off roading is for jeeps and trucks........ i think Tony w the black/silver striped camaro has a set

Firefighter Z
06-12-2006, 04:49 PM
I think Tony has LT's I believe which wont work for Johns car since its lowered already.

PHDcamaro
06-13-2006, 06:59 PM
ah yes... im forgetful

WilliamZ
06-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Looks like you don't need them anymore!!

Heat Seeker WS6
06-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Looks like you don't need them anymore!!

Yup- got it up & running.

danwaite
06-13-2006, 11:24 PM
How/Who ran you off the road???? Seriously get a jeep or a truck... Your luck sounds like mine.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Heading eastbound on I94 during rush hour last week and as I was about to move onto the exit for HWY100 a guy in a green Honda moved over onto me from the right lane without a signal and at the last moment. From where he and I were at already on the ramp and at our speeds all I could do was brake as hard as I could while moving to the right yielding to him.. Doing so I put my 2 right tires on the curb- I thought for sure this was it....again. There was something big on that side of the ramp that I ran over (pass side) at the same time as the right wheels came off the curb. It looks like it hit the cat and forced everything up and the force of it caused stress on the #2 runner causing it to break and the y-pipe to header bolt that was right in line of #2 runner bent as did the flange. That bolt later broke while trying to remove it.
The plate number of that idiot is 722 HBM. He had no rear plate and just as I was able to catch up to him on southbound '100' my dash began to light up like a Xmas tree & oil pressure went down to 0. I was able to get see/get his front liscense plate just before turnnig into a parking lot to assess my damage. Didnt bother to get the cops involved because it would have been a waste of time- again and nothing would have happened to him anyways- but I had every intention of following him until he stopped- but my car's well bieng came 1st. My ABS & oil press sensors were knocked out of whack and had to reseat them to get them working right. At this point everything is back to the way it was before this one. Shiny side is still up.

danwaite
06-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Shitty, at least you arn't hurt, and the cars not to bad. Of course he DIDN'T pull over to see what happened, assho!e....

Heat Seeker WS6
06-13-2006, 11:51 PM
If I ever see him again, hes off the road with no help