Goat Roper
06-12-2006, 11:00 AM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/9356067/detail.html#

JR HAWK 9
06-12-2006, 11:09 AM
sucks for Steelers fans......

Prince Valiant
06-12-2006, 11:50 AM
someone go talk yoo off the hoan bridge...

Silver350
06-12-2006, 12:09 PM
I just got back from lunch chris so I am guessing he already jumped. RIP Yoo j/k

Nix
06-12-2006, 12:16 PM
I guess some people are just too cool to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle...

Iam not saying he deserved this but it could have been avoided.:rolleyes:

Prince Valiant
06-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I just got back from lunch chris so I am guessing he already jumped. RIP Yoo j/k his posting absence leads to conclude you are right.

One of our docs here did his fellowship at the hospital that big ben was taken to...latest inside word is that he's in surgery, but they wouldn't tell us for what.

According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement One things for sure...they won't be calling him "Pretty Ben" anytime soon.

srt4eh
06-12-2006, 02:24 PM
*gasp* this sucks

animal
06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
He's bummin.

hrsp
06-12-2006, 02:49 PM
athletes should not be able to drive or be on a motorcycle..teams invest MILLIONS in these guys then they **** them selves up on bikes.....

like kellen winslow jr....jason williams....now ben...hope he is ok..i like him as a player but they should be smarter about this kind of stuff..

Holeshot
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Wow bike accidents suck with or without a helmet. I'm glad I don't own a bike anymore. To many stupid people out there.

Lash
06-12-2006, 03:01 PM
So does this mean his stock in fantasy football is going down?

:goof

hrsp
06-12-2006, 03:19 PM
oh yeah it has:)

Grim_Reeper7.0
06-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I guess some people are just too cool to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle...

Iam not saying he deserved this but it could have been avoided.:rolleyes:

I dont think i could say it any better

Yooformula
06-12-2006, 08:18 PM
MUTHA ****AAAA SOMABICH! I just got back in from Madison and this is the first thing I read. You all suck doinkey nuts. They told him to wear a helmut since he wouldnt adhere to the do not ride clause in his contract. Fugger, no repeats here!! And with minicamp beginning! You focktard!!!!YFIG>AEKSFJHGPLUAekhfbloudj

Heat Seeker WS6
06-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Seems like Yoo somehow survived the jump.

Yooformula
06-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Seems like Yoo somehow survived the jump.
I was that pissed! He wasnt even riding his Harley. He was riding his crotch rocket. The crashed bike looks terrible! I cant even talk right now, this fugger....

Memphis
06-12-2006, 08:53 PM
athletes should not be able to drive or be on a motorcycle..teams invest MILLIONS in these guys then they **** them selves up on bikes.....

like kellen winslow jr....jason williams....now ben...hope he is ok..i like him as a player but they should be smarter about this kind of stuff..

So because someone is a talented athlete, they should be banned from anything that might hurt them? Why have a job like that if you cant enjoy your life? If he ignored a clause in his contract, well I suppose hes gonna have to pay for that one. Yes, a helmet would have helped him, but would have still focked up his knees.
Arguing helmet laws is like arguing religion. Or politics. Or other topics not needed to be mentioned. Theres always multiple sides and strong arguements from all of them.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-12-2006, 09:04 PM
So because someone is a talented athlete, they should be banned from anything that might hurt them? Why have a job like that if you cant enjoy your life? If he ignored a clause in his contract, well I suppose hes gonna have to pay for that one. Yes, a helmet would have helped him, but would have still focked up his knees.
Arguing helmet laws is like arguing religion. Or politics. Or other topics not needed to be mentioned. Theres always multiple sides and strong arguements from all of them.

Going into thier contract signing, athletes know what thier restrictions will be as far as physical and other activities go. Athletes are paid for thier athletic abilities to play thier games at the top level- and most get paid very well for it. In my opinion the contracted athlete has only so much to complain about as thier teams & investors have to do what they can to ensure the athlete stays as healthy as possible to bring a return to thier investment.
-just my .02

Yooformula
06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Athletes should have to wear basic head protection when riding. Its called sacrifice. They wanna play and make money then you should have to protect the TEAM's investment. Suck it up! The helmut would have prevent the majority of his injuries, the knees are minor right now, the 9" gash and broken jaw and sinus cavity are a very big issue. Everyone makes sacrifices in life so should athletes. Hobby or not, if it affects the teams short investment, then they should be required to wear added protection. When he retires, then he can buy all the bikes he wants and can rides until he wrecks. [pissedrant off]

I like driving my car without a seatbelt. It feels free and relaxing so why shouldnt I be allowed to do it? Helmuts should be a law. It saves lives just like a seatbelt does.

srt4eh
06-12-2006, 10:16 PM
he wears a helmet during every football game.......whats the difference on a motorcycle?

LITE SPD
06-12-2006, 11:16 PM
he wears a helmet during every football game.......whats the difference on a motorcycle?
Good point!

Memphis
06-13-2006, 06:19 AM
My point was he should be allowed to ride the motorcycle...I wasn't arguing the helmet issue.

Goat Roper
06-13-2006, 07:58 AM
This poor woman will never hear the end of it. Luckily she isn't from Cincinnati.

http://www.webtrendsguy.com/images/bendriver.jpg

Bart H
06-13-2006, 09:06 AM

I agree, why would he think that he shouldn't wear a helmet while riding his Hayabusa? He might as well just signed his donor card and got a lobotomy.

H8RADE
06-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Going into thier contract signing, athletes know what thier restrictions will be as far as physical and other activities go. Athletes are paid for thier athletic abilities to play thier games at the top level- and most get paid very well for it. In my opinion the contracted athlete has only so much to complain about as thier teams & investors have to do what they can to ensure the athlete stays as healthy as possible to bring a return to thier investment.
-just my .02

x a load.
This guy let down a city.
Hell, even Bradshaw told him to wait until he retires and then ride the tires off of anything he likes.
I am from Ohio, went to Miami U, played football for a bit, and am also stupid.
The difference is that I don't have an entire city paying my million dollar salary.
YMMV

Nix
06-13-2006, 10:29 AM

Dont you get it?? Its simply because motorcycle helmets dont look cool:goof

T-Bag
06-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Time to jump on the Bengals bandwagon.

H8RADE
06-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Time to jump on the Bengals bandwagon.

I have been waiting for the Bengals to show up for years now.
I am from Cleveland, but gave up on the Browns about the time Miami Vice went to syndication.
Lets hope this one is it.
:headbang

srt4eh
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Dont you get it?? Its simply because motorcycle helmets dont look cool:goof

lol....with the evolution of football helmets i'd rather wear a motorcycle helmet any day :thumbsup

Nix
06-14-2006, 12:09 PM
lol....with the evolution of football helmets i'd rather wear a motorcycle helmet any day :thumbsup

I agree with you 100% my friend.:headbang