PDA

View Full Version : MCSCC June 11 Milwaukee Mile

Al
06-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Today I competed in my first real competition race at the Mile!!!

I'd have to say it was a good day despite the massive snowplowing my car did. I can't say that I won the race, but I definitly built up some skill during the day.

My best lap time was 1:29.667 with the majority of them within .75 seconds. Despite the improvements I made, I found new issues as the day progressed.

The biggest issue seemed relative to braking on rough surfaces. If I was near the threashold and ran over a bump, I'd get a nice gray cloud in my mirrors. Also, I found that on the ring, I needed alot of steering input during the long right-hander. I'm guessing that I had a slip angle greater than 8 deg up front with the rear end sliding out too.

Probably my favorite part of the track was transitioning from the ring to the front straight. Even after I straighened out, my car would still be sliding towards the wall. Usually, I would stop drifting about a few feet from the wall. A time or two, I felt I was about to contact the wall so I had to steer a little to avoid possible contact.

Because of my experience on the oval, I gained a LOT of respect for NASCAR. In all honesy, I'd have to say that the oval part was my favorite part of the track: it was the fastest. Even though the car inputs were minimal, going into a turn with cars on all sides is a real challenge! if I ever get the chance to now, I want to try out Slinger or another oval track.

My goal for the next race is to buy a 'real' set of race tires. I asked a bunch of people at the track and the most common recomendation were those new Hoosier tires. I also made a list of things to do to my car ranging from moving the seat farther forward to fixing the hood latch to getting a better steering wheel. I'll start with the cheap stuff first.

One other thing: I have one of six races completed to acquire a full comp license!!!

SSmike1
06-14-2006, 11:55 AM
well COOL,
i was there too! I was the Corner 5 captain.

I had the orange vest on in T5, which is the Strait away after the HAIR-PIN.

What is your Car color & Number.
us corner workers identify the cars like, 5-7-Black. = means a Black car # 57.

YES
the Long right Hander is wicked.
I auto Crossed there on Saturday,
with my 2000 Camaro with Street Tires, XS - stock class.
my best time was 1:21.2

:banana1:

PLUS, you will have to Work a Corner, to get your Full Competition License!
:)

Today I competed in my first real competition race at the Mile!!!

I'd have to say it was a good day despite the massive snowplowing my car did. I can't say that I won the race, but I definitly built up some skill during the day.

My best lap time was 1:29.667 with the majority of them within .75 seconds. Despite the improvements I made, I found new issues as the day progressed.

The biggest issue seemed relative to braking on rough surfaces. If I was near the threashold and ran over a bump, I'd get a nice gray cloud in my mirrors. Also, I found that on the ring, I needed alot of steering input during the long right-hander. I'm guessing that I had a slip angle greater than 8 deg up front with the rear end sliding out too.

Probably my favorite part of the track was transitioning from the ring to the front straight. Even after I straighened out, my car would still be sliding towards the wall. Usually, I would stop drifting about a few feet from the wall. A time or two, I felt I was about to contact the wall so I had to steer a little to avoid possible contact.

Because of my experience on the oval, I gained a LOT of respect for NASCAR. In all honesy, I'd have to say that the oval part was my favorite part of the track: it was the fastest. Even though the car inputs were minimal, going into a turn with cars on all sides is a real challenge! if I ever get the chance to now, I want to try out Slinger or another oval track.

My goal for the next race is to buy a 'real' set of race tires. I asked a bunch of people at the track and the most common recomendation were those new Hoosier tires. I also made a list of things to do to my car ranging from moving the seat farther forward to fixing the hood latch to getting a better steering wheel. I'll start with the cheap stuff first.

One other thing: I have one of six races completed to acquire a full comp license!!!

Al
06-14-2006, 04:56 PM
177 White

87 Integra ITA

SSmike1
06-15-2006, 01:14 PM
COOL AL

177 white

i hope you had fun!

:banana1: