PDA

View Full Version : part timers....college kids

hrsp
06-11-2006, 11:52 PM
just wondering where the college kids here work part time? i cant seem to find a descent part-time job while i attend school...

i need morning hours...7-12 ish.. anyone know of any? thanks

KillerTA
06-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Try UPS, I heard it's OK and the hours are very early--like 4AM maybe. They have benefits too.

fireguyrick
06-12-2006, 12:07 AM
What are you going to school for? What do you have experience in?

Rick

Al
06-12-2006, 12:11 AM
You can get 11-1 afew days a week where I work. All you really need is reliable car and a good driving record.

At the end of next week, one of the other drivers is quitting and moving to Seattle. I would reccomend that you stop on by and drop an application.

THe lunch crew can bring in between 0 and 30 dollars in tips plus wages and fuel compensation.

You might also want to try that Willy V/Z(?) across from krispy kreme on hwy 100. It looks like it has a proximity advantage over Leonardo's to your home. I have even considered looking in to there in the past because the delivery range is smaller yet the population in the delivery area is MUCH larger.

You might even try Jimmy Johns.

Most delivery jobs are also flexible to school schedules.

With most delivery jobs, expect to net $15+/ hr.

hrsp
06-12-2006, 01:05 AM
going to school for logistics management...have 2 years warehouse exp...but no one wants to give me those hours on a part time basis... 4am is a bit early... but i'll look into it

slow85vette
06-12-2006, 01:39 AM
I work at a gas station and am going for my bachelor degree in criminal justice. My boss lets me have whenever I want off and 2 days a week, I work as a stocker and can come in whenever I want to. But other than that, I'm a cashier there.

SlowStee
06-12-2006, 01:40 AM
well these ****s at Vector keep sending me letters for work every time im on break between semesters :goof

UPS has a variety of shifts available, plus full benefits

fireguyrick
06-12-2006, 03:14 AM
You could check around at some local hospitals to see if they might have positions in Distribution or something along those lines.

Rick

pOrk
06-12-2006, 08:51 AM
UPS Pays up to 1500 dollers per semester for you to go to school and work for them in Oak Creek. Its worth moving your schedule around a bit for it to work, imo.

deciuss
06-12-2006, 09:05 AM
i have also heard ups is good. i would say stay away from retail, i have been to a few different jobs now each have started out ok but then hours dwindle during slow times.