PDA

View Full Version : A History of Violence

Knyghtmare
06-11-2006, 09:16 PM
This was a really good movie. Its very raw and graphic, especially with the exit wounds ect... but its done really well. Maria Bello is in it too, who is super hot and you see her ta ta's in it. :D Viggo kicks lots of ass.

Its a really odd mix of family life and raw violence. I recommend it! :thumbsup

Rated R for a reason, so dont let the kids watch it.

SlowStee
06-11-2006, 09:32 PM
I thought it was good.

Brian98GTP
06-11-2006, 10:07 PM
It was OK... but I wouldnt call it a good movie.
I love violent movies, and this had a lot of it... but I just didnt think it was that special.

They tried to make him look like a bad ass killer.... but in the Diner Robery scene, he seemed really sloppy and got stabbed in the process.
He also nearly died when the mobster guys came to his house.

The only time he looked like he was 'good' at what he used to do, was when he went to see his brother.

I dont know... there were just a bunch of little things I caught onto that made me not enjoy the whole movie. Im pretty critical when it comes to movies, and I hate that Im like that. Its hard for me to just take it as a MOVIE!! haha

The part where theyre 69'in it while she was dressed as a cheerleader was pretty cool though!!

hrsp
06-11-2006, 10:09 PM
it was a good watch...

Knyghtmare
06-11-2006, 10:22 PM
I see what your saying, but how I looked at it was, that he hasnt killed anyone or saw any action like that in about 20 years, guessing from his sons age and that he said he spent 3 years becoming Tom. So I could see where he was sloppy. I figure about the time he got to his Brothers he was getting used to it again. I didnt like the end how they showed the family accepting him again... that could have had more thought put into it.

I thought it was a really good movie for the action/violence. I think they plotted those scenes well. I like how they broke up the violence from the love for his family, I think they did that pretty subtely without getting to "hollywoodesque". Im not saying it was the best movie in the world, but it kept me entertained, which is hard for movies to do because I am quite critical myself... Especially a movie based off of something else like a comic book.

The sex scenes were good.

...and now on to The Ringer and Underworld: Evolutions! :D

Cleveland Dave
06-12-2006, 08:23 AM
i thought it was cool too

theavenger333
06-12-2006, 02:21 PM
it was VERY graphic..... but interesting

Anakonda69
06-12-2006, 03:14 PM
maria bello is hot....she lost too much weight though.....got a lil rough on the stairs.....i thought it was ok....better then i expected

Prince Valiant
06-13-2006, 07:22 AM
What I found interesting was watching a film that appealed to the "art house" crowd, but that it was far more graphic with regards to violence and sex than virtually any other "action" film....