PDA

View Full Version : Is the Batmobile the origin of rice???

Heat Seeker WS6
06-09-2006, 02:42 PM
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/65/p10101342ly.th.jpg (http://img321.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10101342ly.jpg)

Afrer having a spirited conversation with a few others at a local carshow last night, I've determined that the Batmobile is the origin of the ricer.
Lights, stickers, wings and other things that protrude from the body and exhaust to boot- it's got it all and its from the 60's!
....Or did batman have inspiration from another?

jbiscuit
06-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Please take note that the origin of "rice" started with a domestic car.

Goat Roper
06-09-2006, 02:44 PM
The original was far more inviting

http://www.1966batmobile.com/capeindoor.jpg

JohnnyT
06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
George Barris made (and still makes) some really wierd customs... Although, if you have ever seen or heard him in an interview, he is a wierd guy... So, I would submit that in fact, George Barris is the Grandfather of Rice!

jbiscuit
06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
+1 on blaming George Barris for the Rice Movement.

also notice how his cars are usually designed around how they LOOK rather than how they PERFORM? Isn't that the most common problem with riced out Hondas?

Here is a little comparison:

George Barris vs. The Honda Ricer Crowd

Big wing(s)? CHECK
Flashy wheels? CHECK
Stickers? CHECK
Loud exhaust? CHECK CHECK CHECK
Performance mods? Nope not really
Big exhaust pipe(s)? Please notice the Batmobile photo posted above....it has 3 large exhaust tips...most ricers only have 1. SOME might have 2 but never 3

I can there is enough evidence to pin the blame on George Barris...founder of the RICE. This is a real black eye for domestic cars nationwide now. People will start yelling things like, "You RICER...take that pile of Detroit steel back to 8 Mile!!!"

HITMAN
06-09-2006, 07:09 PM
LOL! You young whipper-snapper! :goof Those aren't exhaust pipes, they're rocket launching tubes! The original Batmobile was turbine powered. Watch one of those old episodes if you get a chance, you'll see the exhaust flames shoot directly out of the back just before the Batmobile takes off out of the Bat Cave. Man, how I LOVED that old dopey show when I was a kid.

As for the Batmobile being original rice? You've got to be kidding...:rolleyes:

nismodave
06-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Rice owns F bodys. :loser :punch:

Rocket Power
06-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Big exhaust pipe(s)? Please notice the Batmobile photo posted above....it has 3 large exhaust tips...most ricers only have 1. SOME might have 2 but never 3

I have seen an eclipse with 4 tips and 2 of them were bolted to the hatch area :rolf

But yeah Barris is the king of domestic rice

micro_machine
06-09-2006, 09:50 PM
+1 on blaming George Barris for the Rice Movement.

also notice how his cars are usually designed around how they LOOK rather than how they PERFORM? Isn't that the most common problem with riced out Hondas?

Here is a little comparison:

George Barris vs. The Honda Ricer Crowd

Big wing(s)? CHECK
Flashy wheels? CHECK
Stickers? CHECK
Loud exhaust? CHECK CHECK CHECK
Performance mods? Nope not really

I can there is enough evidence to pin the blame on George Barris...founder of the RICE. This is a real black eye for domestic cars nationwide now. People will start yelling things like, "You RICER...take that pile of Detroit steel back to 8 Mile!!!"

Why is it always the HONDUH guys getting blame for rice look @ all the domestic cars like the BERRETA, NEON and CAVALIER there all rice out to so when you make a coment just don't say honduhs. Ive seen rice out impreza as well.:)

Damn rice boyz makes us tunners with fast cars look dumb.

KillerTA
06-09-2006, 10:40 PM
The batmobile was jet powered whereas ricers are not, so it is not rice.

MurphysLaw88GT
06-10-2006, 07:42 PM
black 4th gen t/a's look like batmobiles ...kinda (no offense to t/a owners!!!)

wikked
06-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Why is it always the HONDUH guys getting blame for rice look @ all the domestic cars like the BERRETA, NEON and CAVALIER there all rice out to so when you make a coment just don't say honduhs. Ive seen rice out impreza as well.:)

Damn rice boyz makes us tunners with fast cars look dumb.

Because Honda's still outrice them 5 to 1.:durr

micro_machine
06-11-2006, 08:25 PM

Ok don't call neons, berretas and cavs rice. Call them crackers:thumbsup then so equals out 5 to 5 lol.

ffvetteman
06-13-2006, 01:10 AM
Im offended by the cracker comment

:stare

:D

Bart H
06-13-2006, 09:18 AM
American cars done up with garbage started back in the early 90's anyone remember the neon colored antennas, windshield wipers and misc crap that people put on there cars. I put 60% of the blame on APC and the garbage they sell the other 40% we will chalk up to as bad taste.

Al
06-13-2006, 01:00 PM
The Batmobile has rudders, not spoilers!

SlowAccord
06-13-2006, 01:09 PM

But lets not talk about the 90% of riced out DSM's either :durr