PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!

sloLs1
06-07-2006, 06:08 PM
well i dont need the help but my Girlfriend's sister does! She also has a '05 EVO... BUT she burned her clutch up already(go figure:rolf ) All i am looking for is a clutch that will take a little bit more abuse than stock but is CHEAP!!! i know a good clutch and cheap dont belong in a sentence together but maybe you'd know of something! I know we already kinda went through this but it was for a really nice clutch where price didnt matter!

Ka24et.... do you think you could get me a deal on any clutches?!?!

Any help would be great!!!:thumbsup

EvolvedRegal
06-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Trust me spend the money now. If its more of a street driver then go ACT, they run about 350-400. if you want to pull the tranny twice be my guest, its not a fun job.

sloLs1
06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Trust me spend the money now. If its more of a street driver then go ACT, they run about 350-400. if you want to pull the tranny twice be my guest, its not a fun job.

its not for me... it's for a chick that doesnt have much money! She just needs something that will last long... i know act claims that their street/stripe clutch last longer than any others?!?! i have liked all my act clutches i have used... but they were never used in anything that went fast:goof !!!

srt4eh
06-07-2006, 08:57 PM
look into clutchmasters.....i love mine for the srt4 and it was priced well in comparison to the competition

Berettaspeed
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
an 05? wow thats fast. anything under like 10K i think the dealer will replace it?? i dunno, but wow you need somthing that can take the heat abuse

wikked
06-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Doesn't have much money + owning an Evo = does not compute.

Doesn't hurt to ask if it's under warranty yet.

EvolvedRegal
06-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Mitsu's have warrantys? LOL thats good. I had 3k on my Evo and it tranny developed a leak from a seal, brought it into DJ and had a hell of a time with the service manager for warranty work. After basically dialing my lawyer in front of him he did the work.

As for stealerships go there aren't any good Mitsu dealers around here, When I bought the car I went to everyone until I stopped getting "pitched" And where I bought my car let me test drive. Renner, DJ, Pocaro, Best (i think thats the name) so I finally bought it at ... dammit I forgot the name now.

But anyways slols1 tell your womans sister to go with an ACT. If she local to Milwaukee I can do the job for $300 in about 4-5 hours.

sloLs1
06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Doesn't have much money + owning an Evo = does not compute.

Doesn't hurt to ask if it's under warranty yet.

she has 13k on it and the is crap mainly from one time when she was at a stop light... she was turing left(across traffic) and freaked out some how... she had her foot on the gas and was letting the clutch out when she decided to push the clutch back in... well being a girl her sandle got stuck between the floor and the pedal?!?! and you can only imagine what happend for the next 30sec. or so! yea i geuss the car filled with smoke from the clutch and what not!!! not a good day! it is still completly stock but i am almost 100% sure the dealer wont warrenty it. so thats not even worth the trouble going to them.

Mitsu's have warrantys? LOL thats good. I had 3k on my Evo and it tranny developed a leak from a seal, brought it into DJ and had a hell of a time with the service manager for warranty work. After basically dialing my lawyer in front of him he did the work.

As for stealerships go there aren't any good Mitsu dealers around here, When I bought the car I went to everyone until I stopped getting "pitched" And where I bought my car let me test drive. Renner, DJ, Pocaro, Best (i think thats the name) so I finally bought it at ... dammit I forgot the name now.

But anyways slols1 tell your womans sister to go with an ACT. If she local to Milwaukee I can do the job for $300 in about 4-5 hours.

I will most likely get her an act... i was just trying to get some input! and as far as installing it, thanks for the offer but i will be putting it in. I will be doing mine in a month or so... or however soon it decides to last?!?!

EvolvedRegal
06-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Theres a lot cheaper clutches out there, but for what you pay >$200 you will only get about 5k off the clutch, not even worth it IMO.

You in town yet?

Junky Giorgio
06-08-2006, 06:50 AM
37k miles on my STOCK clutch in my 03' evo still:D knock on wood!

sloLs1
06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Theres a lot cheaper clutches out there, but for what you pay >$200 you will only get about 5k off the clutch, not even worth it IMO.

You in town yet?

15 days:banana :D :banana :banana1: :banana :D

37k miles on my STOCK clutch in my 03' evo still:D knock on wood!

awesome!!! usually the 03 and 04 have problems with there clutches?!?!

EvolvedRegal
06-08-2006, 08:14 PM
awesome!!! usually the 03 and 04 have problems with there clutches?!?!

Yup, mine went out just around 17k, the ACT lasted about 13k (lots of launches)

Gimme a yell when you get in town, hopefully my car will be back on the road in that time. The Evo crowd around here is pretty fun and everyone gets along 99.9% of the time. Sorry Hwy cruisers but its not my thing to drive on the same road or sit in a parking lot all night.

EDIT: Sorry Junk just realized you have one also, gimme a shout sometime.

sloLs1
06-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Yup, mine went out just around 17k, the ACT lasted about 13k (lots of launches)

Gimme a yell when you get in town, hopefully my car will be back on the road in that time. The Evo crowd around here is pretty fun and everyone gets along 99.9% of the time. Sorry Hwy cruisers but its not my thing to drive on the same road or sit in a parking lot all night.

EDIT: Sorry Junk just realized you have one also, gimme a shout sometime.

i dont mind it but whatever... thats the only place i can find other EVO owners!!!

Ka24et
06-09-2006, 10:20 AM
I can't get you a clutch (the business is closed for school) but I would go with a act street disk if she could swing the price

sloLs1
06-09-2006, 01:10 PM
^^^ thats what i am thinking...

also now that i think of it... shes prolly going to need a flywheel... i could re-surface it at my shop but we'll see how bad it is!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT!!!