PDA

View Full Version : joining the army

Rifleman WI
06-07-2006, 04:47 PM
hey, i recently enlisted in the army and one of the things i can do before i ship out is if i get 2 people to sign up through my recruiter i get $1K when they graduate and a higher rank before i go to basic. i was wondering if anyone from here was intrested or knows someone who is intrested in joining? your help would be really appreciated.. thanks in advance..

pOrk
06-07-2006, 05:08 PM
nope

68RR440
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
No, but I will hang on to your car for you while your gone :goof

slow85vette
06-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Nope. My father was in the Army for 33 years and I did enough traveling with him. I know way too much about the Army.

Anyways, have fun at basic!

T-Bag
06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Good luck!

y2kws6
06-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I am in the AF, but only 1K for two others, wow. Enough said.

Dan

fireguyrick
06-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Spent my time in the Corps, would only go back to them. Besides, I would have to get divorced first.

Nice to see you get some money for getting others in. When I enlisted I got my choice of fields (not specific MOS), and I worked my butt off helping at the Recruiting Station (did a work study there, kicked azz) to get two referals to get a E-2 ranking. Still worked my butt off and graduated from Recruit Training as a Squad leader.

Good luck, perhaps you could offer to help out at the recruting station? When I was doing it we had lists of names to call, from HS and other sources. Work something out with your recruiter. You do all the leg work, he gets the contract and you get the referel?

Rick

Holeshot
06-07-2006, 07:27 PM
First off I would like to say congrats. The Armed Forces can be a great career if you want to go that way. Have you picked your M.O.S. ?
I would serve again if asked to. Its people like you that will ensure the future of this Great Country.
As you know it graduation season and some kids have no idea what their future holds. I would hit your friends in school who are not thinking college.

I served in the U.S. Army from 1980 to 1986 2nd Armord Division (HELL ON WHEELS) Ft Hood Texas
This has since be named 4th Infantry Division (Mechanized) I worked on Tanks .........

Good luck and stay Safe.

Remember your Country depends on you. http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/ls1gtotiger/smwave.gif

Yooformula
06-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Good luck to ya! My brother is looking to join soon but only the AF or Corps.

Rifleman WI
06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
I am in the AF, but only 1K for two others, wow. Enough said.Dan
i get $1K per person i get to sign up, so if i got 10 ppl to sign up i get $10K
im allredy at E2 since i got my buddy to talk to my recruter, but im trting to get PFC before i leave..
- Fireguy, that sounds like a good idea, thats what my buddie did b4 he left for the marines, but my station is up in west bend and i dont really wanna drive that far all the time...
-holeshot, yea i picked 45B , small arms and artiarily repairer, goes along with my name too.. :guns1 i originaly wanted 25v which is combat documintation and photojournalism since in HS i was in all the TV classes and i really liked it alot, but theres only 3 slots a year for those jobs and they were full :( my sisters graduating this year so i got her asking ppl for me :)

thanks for all the support guys :thumbsup

Berettaspeed
06-07-2006, 08:53 PM
i was thinking about it, but then i started things that it just seems like now it won't work out. i wanted to do something and the military would have helped out alot. but that dream if you want to call it that is just that a dream at this point. prolly won't happen. my dad wants me to join, but my mom was like freaking out. i was going to go just out of high school in 02, but then got caught up in just working and my GF. i don't want to move around alot and such. i hate moving. now i got a house so to me its not happening any more. yeah in H.S i was in the jr rotc program and would have been a e3??? or e2 right after basic.

Good luck and i hope it works out for you.

srt4eh
06-07-2006, 08:54 PM
i would but I'm just a broke 3/4 marine

HITMAN
06-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Go Navy!
http://www.cpf.navy.mil/band/images/Navy%20Logo%20Large.jpg

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_tongue.gif

mrz28M6
06-07-2006, 10:23 PM
good luck bro!

MurphysLaw88GT
06-07-2006, 10:33 PM
sorry to hijack....hey HOLESHOT.....my dad was also in the 2nd armored div. (hell on wheels) a looong time ago when he used to rock the M-60A1, which is a chrysler product if my memory serves me right..hahaha

Al
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
I have some interest in the air force. My reasons for doing so range from 'i have nothing better going on' to 'it is my duty for my country'.

I got about halfway through the basic stuff here in town at the blue federal building because I was still not certain about what I wanted to do. I took the ASVAB after being awake for 22 hours (worked third shift that morning) and managed a 95.

Earlier today, I called up a recruiter to see if I could just try to take the test again. He said that if you score above a 95, you have a very good chance of picking what you want to do in the AF. My interests are either becoming a dentist and then joining after graduation (ROTC?), or to persue my other major interest, meteorology.

I'm still digging for info right now and still have no true idea of what I want to do in the future, in and outside of school.

One of the things events I picture for myself is being on a base in some place warmer than Milwaukee, yet still in the US.

BTW- my old man complains that Uncle Sam does not pay as well as anyone in a private practice. . . . my response "money is not the issue here, this is something I have always been interested in."

Besides that, most of the people I looked up to when I was younger were enlisted at one time or another. I'd go with the flow like those people because they have become such good people. There were only two people that ever deterred me from wanting to enlist. They were USMC Staff Sargent Fountain and a friend of my room mate at msoe. They both seemed to be a little to cocky: one wanted to be #1 for recruits and the other though he was REALLY tough (rather, he was really drunk). Despite the fact that the two were marines, most of my peers I have kept as friends since graduation from HS are marines, the USMC is still a great band of men in my book.

penji04
06-07-2006, 11:03 PM
no thanks but good luck