PDA

View Full Version : "Diesel Fest" June 9-10 Union Grove WI / Drags & DHRA Pull

bobo
06-05-2006, 11:08 PM
FYI This is from another website I visit:

"Diesel Fest" June 9-10 Union Grove WI / Drags & DHRA Pull

It all starts Friday night at the drag strip. This is our second year of Diesel Drag racing at the Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wisconsin. This year you will compete in the Diesel Hot Rod Association national points series. Here is a link to the DHRA site for information on that. We will have a total of seven races where we will accumulate points for our own championship and payout. You may even win both! Sign up for email updates from Great Lakes Dragaway here.

These are bracket-races where everyone has an equal chance of winning, no matter how fast their truck is. There will be a payout of 70% of all entry fees plus $200 from the DHRA each race. The winner, runner up, and semi-finalists will get paid. Additionally the fastest time of the day will get a payout. (Time must be recorded during elimination round.)

Great Lakes Dragaway
18411 1st Street
Union Grove, WI 53182-9200
888-324-7683

Friday June 9th
Gates open 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Eliminations start around 8:00 PM

$50.00 to race with 70% going to payout at this race.

DHRA membership required. Sign up on their web site or pay at the track a fee of $40 for the whole year.
$12.00 for spectators

Huckstorf Diesel's "Diesel Fest" joins The Challenge of Power on Saturday June 10th. There will be a full schedule of Farm Tractors, Modified Tractors, gas Open Stock & Super Stock 4x4 trucks, and four classes of DHRA sanctioned diesel trucks - Street, Workhorse, Super Street, and Modified. This is the first time that the "big boys" will be coming to Wisconsin, so you don't want to miss this one!

Non Stop action with two tracks running.

Show starts at 7:00 PM.
Participants should show up by 5:00 PM. Everyone is welcome to join!

Spectator Admission is $10.00 and includes pit pass.
Children 12 and under are free if accompanied by an adult.
Free parking. No carry in's. No refunds.

Participant fee = DHRA membership (ID required if currently a member or $40 to join on site) plus hook fee (To be announced).

19805 Durand Ave
Union Grove, Wisconsin 53182

You will find it 1/4 mile west of intersections Hwy 45 & 11.
For more information visit www.thechallengeofpower.com (http://www.thechallengeofpower.com) or call 262-514-3678.

purpl72olds
06-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Anyone planning on attending ? I should call some people to see if they are going or else i would like to at least watch!

bobo
06-06-2006, 05:35 PM
'll be there both nights. There should be an excellent showing of highly modded trucks for the pulls. I'm racing, no pulling for me yet.

bobo
06-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Friday night is a bracket race for diesels. I'll be there tuning some trucks and running my own. Hell, if your lucky, I'll let ya drive it! If any of you want to see what it is all about, come on down. I'll be tuning a lifted Red Dmax and a White reg. cab long box. We are trying to get these into the 12's on Friday. The white truck is light, but he don't have any trans controlers on his truck. It over revs before it shifts and he looses a lot of time. I'll be doing some trans programming on that truck to make it better. Come on down. I'll show you all how this Diesel tuning works. See ya there!

theavenger333
06-08-2006, 03:27 PM
slowc5 and i went to race at GLD on saturday, and it happened to be the Hucksdorf diesel challenge. there were 4 trucks there, one power stroke, and 3 duramax trucks, the fastest being like 12.8. hopefully more will show for this one, i was lookin forward to seeing black smoke pouring out all day long, but was sorely disapointed

purpl72olds
06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Sometimes pouring black smoke isnt really making all that much power. But anyways i think im gonna make it down there for that if not i would really like to go watch the pulls on saturday. Always a good laugh at that watching stuff break!

bobo
06-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Gates open at 5:30pm.

bobo
06-10-2006, 01:07 AM
I won the bracket race. See you guys at the pulls if the rain holds out!

purpl72olds
06-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Wow they raced ? damn, we had a bunch of people gonna go down there and then we heard it they stopped cause of rain so we just screwed off all night. We are all deff headed down to the pulls today though if the rain stays away!

purpl72olds
06-10-2006, 11:40 PM
All i have to say is those unlimited diesels were awesome ! Very good show although i was hoping for some turbo diesel tractors and a few degrees warmer, brrrr.

Brandon W.
06-11-2006, 12:05 AM
the diesel trucks were impressive. one of them ran a 13 sec flat. i was very impressed. and i just got back from RSD which was also a great show.