PDA

View Full Version : Road Runner 225

Heat Seeker WS6
06-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Anybody else at the Fair Park today?
Saw Nismo Dave- thanks again for the brewski buddy!

Sebastien Bourdias had an incredible race working his way to the top. Only real notable incident came in T4 at the start when Paul Tracey got taken out. Good clean racing.

srt4eh
06-04-2006, 04:38 PM
awesome race.....just wish it hadn't been shortened...oh well

Yeehaw
06-04-2006, 07:11 PM
i made it out, was kind of boring since i never watch champ car and did not know any drivers.....but free is free

0TransAm0
06-04-2006, 07:18 PM
i thought it was a good race except for the part when the anouncer said"30 laps to go" and then they waved the white flag.... i was like WTF.
other than that it was a great day for it. lots of eye candy out their 2.

Yeehaw
06-04-2006, 07:24 PM
i thought it was a good race except for the part when the anouncer said"30 laps to go" and then they waved the white flag.... i was like WTF.
other than that it was a great day for it. lots of eye candy out their 2.

and the score board said 197, i thought the track was exactly a mile so shouldnt it have been 225?

SSmike1
06-04-2006, 09:26 PM
it is 1 mile.

a 225 mile race means 225 laps!

i dont know why they shortened the race?

?

Korndogg
06-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah I was pissed when it was shortened. Eh free tickets up in the grandstand tho lol

1quickgtp
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
I was there on saturday to the lil ameturs and time trials. I was at champps Americana in brookfield for dinner after the track on saturday night an he was there with his wife and some other couple. So I went over to say hey ( he recognized me to haha, shows how much i've actually talked to his before. ) ( i've meet paul tracy a couple times prior to this weekend ( about 10 times total ) ( here at MM and RA )so I got his autography (to go with my collection )on credential from that day ( weekend long pit/paddock pass) . just before I went back to my table he asked where the nearest movie theather was...WTF? he was drinking pretty heavy too....maybe thats how he crashed? besides him being a crazy mofo behind the wheel. I still think one of the crazier drivers that pushes his luck to win :)

oh btw, reason it was shortened was because its either 225 laps or 1hr and 45min for the race, so which ever comes first!! so in reality, the crashes is what shortened it

also did you know in the champ cars, they get 60seconds of 100hp boost that they get to use through out the race. I learned that on saturday. I was shocked. 700hp, 800 for 60 seconds ( ignition advance, spark and timing upped ). I crew cheif was telling some other people about it, and I over heard it!!! pretty amazing if you ask me!!!!

that means they can use 10 seconds on here, 20 here, 30 for the last lap etc... ha, cool stuff

Heat Seeker WS6
06-04-2006, 11:39 PM
they had to shorten it because it was on live TV and it had to fit the time slot. In my opinion thats a crock to those of us that paid for a full length race.

indyzmike
06-05-2006, 04:30 AM
The race has a time limit because Champ Car is buying the time slot for the show on Speed TV. If Champ Car had the fan following of NASCAR, it would be a full race, and the show would run overtime.

It was a good race if you were watching all of the battles going on for positions other than first. Tracey and Bruno getting whacked on the second lap took out two of the fast cars. Would have been a better race with them in it.

The "push-to-pass" for The Mile was 50hp. 750 normal and 800 on the button.

We sat in the 300 section by the start/finish line. Great seats, we could see the whole track.

If you have headphones and a scanner with a search function, you can search starting at 450mhz and find the TV feed in the low 450's. It helps to know what is going on with the race when you cannot hear the PA system.

The Champ Cars will be back this September at Road America. That should be a great race. There is a lot of support entertainment scheduled including go-kart racing, Champ Car Atlantic race, and motorcycle racing.

BadAzzGTA89
06-05-2006, 05:59 AM
I was there I was in the big red semi pulling the trailor/stage for the drivers!
The drivers seemed like little snobs IMO.
It was really cool to meet Gilbert Brown and Santana Dotson<<== Fools after the race on golf carts:rolf :rolf :rolf
Hell i had VIP all day! Can't wait for Bush:thumbsup

1quickgtp
06-05-2006, 06:57 AM
The race has a time limit because Champ Car is buying the time slot for the show on Speed TV. If Champ Car had the fan following of NASCAR, it would be a full race, and the show would run overtime.

It was a good race if you were watching all of the battles going on for positions other than first. Tracey and Bruno getting whacked on the second lap took out two of the fast cars. Would have been a better race with them in it.

The "push-to-pass" for The Mile was 50hp. 750 normal and 800 on the button.

We sat in the 300 section by the start/finish line. Great seats, we could see the whole track.

If you have headphones and a scanner with a search function, you can search starting at 450mhz and find the TV feed in the low 450's. It helps to know what is going on with the race when you cannot hear the PA system.

The Champ Cars will be back this September at Road America. That should be a great race. There is a lot of support entertainment scheduled including go-kart racing, Champ Car Atlantic race, and motorcycle racing.

yes 225 laps or 1hr an 45 min ;)

also, for the "push to pass" I was just going by what the pit guy said. so if at the mm its 750/800 on bigger tracks is it 750/850?

indyzmike
06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
yes 225 laps or 1hr an 45 min ;)

also, for the "push to pass" I was just going by what the pit guy said. so if at the mm its 750/800 on bigger tracks is it 750/850?

The engines will not be programmed for any more than 800hp while on the p2p button. That said, if they want a 100hp boost, the base hp will be 700, and a 50hp boost will get a base of 750hp. The length and hp amount of push-to-pass is determined by the lenth of the straights. A track like Long Beach, Ca. with long straights will have a longer amount of time and a 50hp increase. A track layout like Houston with short straights will have less time and 100hp. Push-to-pass, or as it is sposored, "Ford power-to-pass", was added to help the drivers complete passes on tracks tagged "street parades" where passing was next to impossible. It makes for a more exciting race and adds another element of strategy for a team to use. The fans can see who is on the button by the tail light flashing when the p2p is activated.

1quickgtp
06-05-2006, 01:54 PM
AHHH see, im huge into racing, an still learn stuff. I never knew about the light in back!!!