PDA

View Full Version : Watch PINKS on July 12th

CruxGNZ
06-01-2006, 12:29 AM
If any of you who watch PINKS, saw it tonight, and know the type of car I drive, then you will know why I'm posting this. Unfortunately, I can't say anything about the race itself untill after it airs, because of a non-disclosure agreement, BUT I will say this, the producers said our show was the most heated in negotiations ever and that they want us (Hybrid Z) back on the show again. It's the first episode of season three and it's a must see.

MoreTorque
06-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Awesome... i'll be watching for sure! It's the only show I actually make a point of watching.

What track was it filmed at?

The Season 2 finale tonight was pretty damn good!

sidewayzbimmer
06-01-2006, 03:24 AM
Thats awesome! Will make sure to catch this one!

CruxGNZ
06-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Here, read this (http://gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060520/LOCAL/205200330/1078/APF) .

nismodave
06-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Im not a fan of the show, but I will make sure to check this one out.

Goat Roper
06-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Sweet, I know what I will be watching that night!

SLOWC5
06-01-2006, 11:30 AM
PINKS should come up for a RSD night at GLD

JEFF

1quickgtp
06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
jeff, write them a email. bumpingtp ( steve ) his brother was on pinks twice now, one in a fbody and one in a mustang..I think? it doesnt hurt the try

2SLOW
06-01-2006, 06:20 PM
wow thats is awsome i will make sure not to miss it!

pOrk
06-01-2006, 08:15 PM
If any of you who watch PINKS, saw it tonight, and know the type of car I drive, then you will know why I'm posting this. Unfortunately, I can't say anything about the race itself untill after it airs, because of a non-disclosure agreement, BUT I will say this, the producers said our show was the most heated in negotiations ever and that they want us (Hybrid Z) back on the show again. It's the first episode of season three and it's a must see.

So you won? What kinda car did yah bring home wit cha?

BotLFed_Ford
06-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Ill have to catch that, ive seen the show a few times. From what I saw I thought it was pretty good. I wanna know those reults.

JakeJeske
06-01-2006, 10:42 PM
got it marked on digital cable, i think the show is pretty good.

CruxGNZ
06-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I can't say who won or lost. Sorry guys. I still think it's cool that the producers gave a 30 year old import a shot on thier show.

wheelsofsteel
06-02-2006, 08:39 AM
So what track did this race take place at ???

tommyt5078
06-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Can't what to check it out!

CruxGNZ
06-02-2006, 04:25 PM
It seems there is a little confusion. Hybrid Z did not race my personal car. Our website put together a Datsun Z car with donated parts, junkyard parts, some donated money and went racing!

We are raffling off the inline six long block if any of you want this built engine for your Datsun Z/ZX car. Look here (http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=110648) for information on the raffle.

Flicktitty
06-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Hell yeah! I can't wait! What does the Datsun race? :) i'm so excited to see what this car will do....i'm gonna go back to hybridZ now, i havent been on there for along time.

CruxGNZ
06-02-2006, 11:18 PM
See post #4.

Flicktitty
06-03-2006, 03:07 AM
opps, my bad! thanks ;)

BAD LS1
07-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Just remembered this was on tonight!! TTT

MoreTorque
07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Thank god for the new season starting tonight!!!! I've seen every episode about 5 times.

TuffEnuff
07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Pinks = fake

MoreTorque
07-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Pinks = fake

Most things on tv = fake

DirtyMax
07-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Pinks = fake

So is the WWE but how many people watch that?!?... :goof

Myles
07-12-2006, 02:53 PM
RSD = Fake

:P

srt4eh
07-12-2006, 02:55 PM
i gotta watch tonight

Flicktitty
07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
yeap!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

CruxGNZ
07-12-2006, 05:17 PM
FYI, it is NOT fake! It is very real! The season one episodes were bull crap. But season two and season three are real. YOU CAN LOSE YOUR CAR!

There has been soooo much **** that has happened before the race, during the race and is still happeneing to this very day after the race. I'll have to fill you guys in on the details after it airs tonight. It involves greed, rigging a raffle, possible law suits, ect.. Oh, and some 10 year old kids tried to burn the PINKS Z car today along with someone's house, Peterbuilt semi and some other items. F'n kids.

We don't know how they will air this episode. It will make us look like the good people we are, or we will be shown in a different light... It has been said the negotiations might make people think differently of our website.

JakeJeske
07-12-2006, 08:00 PM
uh oh ,the Z looks like its getting owned. 2 races lost.

TuffEnuff
07-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Pinks is still FAKE.

MoreTorque
07-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I was hoping for a better episode... just seemed boring overall.

CruxGNZ
07-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Yup we lost. Pinks is not fake. The jerks from Kling let us buy the car back for $3100. If Hybrid Z didn't buy it back, they were going to put it up on eBay. They didn't even know what was in it, hell, they couldn't even start it.

I agree, the episode wasn't too exciting. I was hoping for more.

I'll write later about what happened with all the B.S. afterwards.

Goat Roper
07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Watch it, that last negotiation you were doomed either way, heads up no bottle or 4 1/2 with the bottle, both would have equaled the same result.

3-3 1/2 lengths, no bottle would have made for a good race.

97z2801ss
07-12-2006, 10:36 PM
damn after watchin the first 3 races them monte guys seem kinda like hicked out Dickheads....

ProjectCamaro
07-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Pinks is still FAKE.

How so?

Nick
07-12-2006, 10:59 PM
sounds like riceboy **** talk.

I'll pass.

Flicktitty
07-12-2006, 11:00 PM
dude Hybrid Z was robbed that last race. i really don't think the monte sprayed the other run. cause i never saw the monte pull the wheels or start skateing around that much after the 60' mark. WEAK! i'm upset!

nitrous
07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Talk is cheap.

SLOWC5
07-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I haven't watched the episode yet tonight... but did the cars actually make the 5 track passes without breaking? That seems to be something that no PINKS episode doesn't have, a car that breaks...

JEFF

CruxGNZ
07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
We did intend to come with a mid to high 10's car, which is what the engine was setup for, but we were having SERIOUS issues with ignition, timing and overheating. Hybrid Z was given 4 weeks to build this car (everything) from the members donating thier parts, money and time. Not much time to build and tune. We were supposed to race another car that was a bit more fair, but the day before the race the driver crashed his car during testing. The guy we raced was an alternate. The guys from Kling had no clue what they were looking at. They only know old school carb'd ****. They didn't even see the alky injection on the firewall.

The Z car was running okay up untill 4500 rpm at ~27 PSI, but after that, the horsepower leveled off and something was wrong. That's the engine Hybrid Z came there with. The setup was good for 8000 RPM's and 35 PSI, which the car never saw, because of some serious issues. Any higher boost and the spark would blow out and the car would miss horribly.

Kling motorsports was called to bring thier car. What did they do? Took a built motor, bought a shell and stuck the engine into it and called it done. Then came racing. Check book racers.

I'll write more tommorow.

EDIT: Neither car broke, but the Hybrid Z car did need a jump on the starting line. Battery was pretty much dead.

TuffEnuff
07-13-2006, 01:41 AM
How so?

2 people show up to race in cars that were built JUST for the TV show. People "donate" parts and labor to a car that is a "sacrifical lamb" ...

Then the host (who is a MAJOR ***) *FORCES* you to take a race you'd never consider if it was for money or the title to your "Pride and Joy" (like my Nova)

Not to mention...several races that have happened on that show were done between "friends" who gave the losers car back as soon as the cameras were turned off.

Not REAL cars +Not real negotiations+Not real outcome = F,A,K,E....FAKE!

At least at RSD the *races* are REAL...and so are the RACERS!

The host of the show wanted me to run my nova in the very 1st show...I declined and told him that REAL racers dont race for titles, *MONEY* is perfered ....sometimes pride is enough.

Who wants to win a SLOWER car? I'd rather just keep pickin' your pockets like an ATM machine.

BadAzzGTA89
07-13-2006, 06:33 AM
2 people show up to race in cars that were built JUST for the TV show. People "donate" parts and labor to a car that is a "sacrifical lamb" ...

Then the host (who is a MAJOR ***) *FORCES* you to take a race you'd never consider if it was for money or the title to your "Pride and Joy" (like my Nova)

Not to mention...several races that have happened on that show were done between "friends" who gave the losers car back as soon as the cameras were turned off.

The host of the show wanted me to run my nova in the very 1st show...I declined and told him that REAL racers dont race for titles, *MONEY* is perfered ....sometimes pride is enough.

Who wants to win a SLOWER car? I'd rather just keep pickin' your pockets like an ATM machine.
Very well said:thumbsup

ProjectCamaro
07-13-2006, 10:08 AM

I guess, but I personally didn't care for RSD's either. My brother and I went when the gates opened and were there until 11:30 and absolutly nothing happened. I was really dissapointed.

Darrell
07-13-2006, 11:54 AM
So is the WWE but how many people watch that?!?... :goof

:wow Wrestling is fake???????:chair: :shades

Damn, they had me going all this time:goof

Darrell
07-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Both cars were turds and whoever that dork "negotiator" annoyed the hell out of me. He is an idiot.

Pinks = fake. Team Negotiator, that is some funny sh!t!

TuffEnuff
07-13-2006, 12:05 PM
I guess, but I personally didn't care for RSD's either. My brother and I went when the gates opened and were there until 11:30 and absolutly nothing happened. I was really dissapointed.

blame that on the racers..I have no control of what kind of stuff they set up...or dont. At least I dont take their cars if they dont work something out.

srt4eh
07-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I only saw the last race.....anyone have it recorded where I can watch it online?

ProjectCamaro
07-13-2006, 01:49 PM
blame that on the racers..I have no control of what kind of stuff they set up...or dont. At least I dont take their cars if they dont work something out.

I know, I know. It's always the people's fault that come out to YOUR events, we get it.

Flicktitty
07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I only saw the last race.....anyone have it recorded where I can watch it online?
i'd check streetfire in a few days. Or just go on the website www.speedtv.com and look as to when it will be on next.