PDA

View Full Version : Riversplash????

TransAm12sec
05-31-2006, 11:46 PM
I've never been there, but I'm wondering if it's a good time. I'm not old enough to drink, so that takes out alot of fun. Oh, where's a good place to park?

http://www.riversplash.com/

theavenger333
06-01-2006, 01:54 AM
minus drinking, its not much fun. some good bands around. as for parking? good luck. its called "pay imperial and other parking companies 15 bucks, or walk a bit)

hrsp
06-01-2006, 02:49 AM
there are alot of punks that go there but if you weed thru em its an ok time

SlowStee
06-01-2006, 03:27 AM
Watch out for me drunk stumbling around :alcoholic :party:

wikked
06-01-2006, 06:02 AM
I've never been there, but I'm wondering if it's a good time. I'm not old enough to drink, so that takes out alot of fun.
http://www.riversplash.com/

lol just BYOB :D

I brought in a liter of beer in a water bottle, then ran back to my car for a refill. *shrug*

Pantera99GS
06-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Be prepared to be waist deep in garbage by the end of the night and for fights to break out at random times.

Neal Steffek
06-01-2006, 10:27 AM
River Splash is awesome. If you are under 21, just BYOB, or bring a mix drink in a gateraid bottle. Cops are really not looking for under agers down there. They have more important things to look for.

Parking sucks though. Have your walking shoes on if you go.

67-400
06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
I think its fun, its all what you and your friends make it! :alcoholic Im goin down w/my girl and a bunch of her female friends tonight, so its destined to be a great time!! :Hump The Toys are playin also, they usually put on a good show! :headbang Parking sucks, :mad: unless you get there early when nothing is going on yet! If the weather is good, you'll enjoy the long walk.

Junky Giorgio
06-01-2006, 12:18 PM
i'm sure i'll be wondering down there drunk with some underage girls.... :thumbsup

67-400
06-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Ha, jus as long as they're 18, right? I'll be down there w/ a bunch of grads from Alverno College!! :dance

wikked
06-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Ha, jus as long as they're 18, right? I'll be down there w/ a bunch of grads from Alverno College!! :dance

underage =! 18 =p

Karps TA
06-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I'll be down there w/ a bunch of grads from Alverno College!! :dance

Sweet lesbians! :headbang

Slow Joe
06-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Bwahaha sounds like a good time, maybe I should wander down there... And drink like all hell... :rolf

TransAm12sec
06-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I went to Jazz fest last night, but everything was over when I got there. I just met up with a few friends. Parking wasn't bad last night.

When you guys say I need to walk alot for parking, do you mean a few blocks or half a mile?

What streets are Riversplash on?

Yooformula
06-02-2006, 07:01 PM
3rd and Water st. I just left and parking is nasty with the streets filling up.

70challenger
06-03-2006, 12:18 AM
maybe ill stumble down there and see whats goin on

Al
06-03-2006, 12:49 AM
I went down there. I was too cheap to buy a 4/5$ beer, so I just went on people watching.

The best thing I saw were all of the girls in high heels trying to walk across the grates of the draw bridges. It was hilarious because they had no clue as to what was about to happen...then...!!!!

T-Bag
06-03-2006, 09:50 AM
You don't need to be 21 to buy alcohol at riversplash you bafoon! :)

Seriously nobody cards there as long as you look close to 21. Also cops do not give a **** about underagers unless you are picking a fight or just being an idiot.

I was out last night.

Neal Steffek
06-03-2006, 10:27 AM
You don't need to be 21 to buy alcohol at riversplash you bafoon! :)

Seriously nobody cards there as long as you look close to 21. Also cops do not give a **** about underagers unless you are picking a fight or just being an idiot.

I was out last night.

Thats why I took about 15 ID's last night from underagers trying to get into my place I take it. :rolf :thumbsup

Karps TA
06-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I used to go down to Riversplash but what I hated was it seemed to end to early outside and then you had 20,000 people trying to squeeze into every bar. Getting a drink inside the bar was near impossible, nor getting to the can quickly.

As I've gotten older I am way less tolerant of crowds.

mrz28M6
06-03-2006, 10:36 AM
well i went last night and even though i dont remember much i thought it was pretty fun. lots of snapper thats for sure :) my buddy has a place above water street brewery so we had a great hook up and every 10 mins we would just go up and get more beer. and to make it easy, just buy those 16 oz plastic bottles from the liquor store and bring them with you. ahh a crappy cousins sub never tasted so good at 1am. lmao

SlowStee
06-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Thats why I took about 15 ID's last night from underagers trying to get into my place I take it. :rolf :thumbsup
Yeah I was gonna say, the doors look more enforced last night :thumbsup

but it was fun!!...tonight again!!

SmokinRAM114
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
ill be down there tonight. probly wearing a sleavless dragon optics shirt and a black hat backwards. my lil bro is doing a bmx show down there. division bmx check them out. or also at taste of summer and summerfest.

SlowStee
06-03-2006, 01:15 PM
P.S. Tyler, stay away from the ladybug club or w/e the **** it is :punch:

T-Bag
06-03-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not talking about the bars, talking about the beer tents

P.S. Tyler, stay away from the ladybug club or w/e the **** it is

You tard, I have FREE secured parking there. Old jobs have benefits :thumbsup . Its not like I went there...

STEALTHZR2
06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm going tonight with Ame. Hopefully it will be good.

TransAm12sec
06-04-2006, 10:55 AM
I'll just say I had ALOT of fun last night. My military friend bought 2 yegar bombs for 2 bucks.

KillerTA
06-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Where do you work?

I never thought riversplash was that great but it could be because I've outgrown that whole sceen.

I hate big crowds and can't justify spending $30 on beer and still hardly be buzzed.

When I was 20-22 I loved stuff like that and Summerfest since it was new to me and more fun getting drunk--but not so much anymore.

STEALTHZR2
06-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Well Ame and I went last night...we a had great time. Besides some kid walking straight into me and spilled my beer. :fire But my god it was packed! Better than last year for me.

T-Bag
06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
We were out last night again...interesting night to say the least.

TransAm12sec
06-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Stealth, did that kid offer to pay for the beer, you said a handshake would be acceptable?

myturbo300zx
06-04-2006, 11:11 PM
hey just drink when your down there. and its a lot of fun. i was there last night.

wikked
06-04-2006, 11:29 PM
I don't know why anyone actually pays for beer down there when ya can just walk right in with your own jug :)

SlowStee
06-05-2006, 03:46 AM
I don't know why anyone actually pays for beer down there when ya can just walk right in with your own jug :)
:thumbsup....It was a great time...besides the part where I got the back of my head busted open :durr

Neal Steffek
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
:thumbsup....It was a great time...besides the part where I got the back of my head busted open :durr

OK, story time. WTF happened!?!

SlowStee
06-05-2006, 01:19 PM
my group had some drama with a few guys, the biggest guy there(who is a bit bigger than me.. heh) is obviously on my **** list...so me and him have the "now what" stare, he's waaaaay back being held back...all of a sudden he breaks free, gets in a FULL sprint..the second I look back up..BAM he tackles me..I busted the back of my head SO god damn hard on the concrete on impact..it was insane :stare

anyways, I got him in full guard pretty much the second we hit the ground, this guy was a complete ******* tool..I had his head held down on me with my left arm and I was just punching the sh!t out of his face with my right...He was honestly trying to wrestle with me while he was catching fists to his face :punch:

anyways.. heres the damage
http://image30.webshots.com/31/9/12/81/2800912810068903213OYLJdq_ph.jpg

there was a LOT of blood that night

Neal Steffek
06-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Dude, where did this all happen at? Plus your picture link doesn't work.

Neal Steffek
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Also, I would like to let everyone know why I had a huge headach on Sunday. On Friday and Sat I worked 30+ hours as the doorman at HANDC. Checking ID's and keeping the thugs/trash out. These are some thing I had yelled at me by 50,000+ drunk people at River Splash as I was working.

**** this place
You are a *****
this place is gay
you are a racest
you are an asshole
I am not paying $10 just to go inside and piss
I am not paying $10 just to go inside and buy a fishbowl
Can I have my fake ID back
Why don't you smile
Are you having fun
Is there a lot of people in there
I just want to go inside and see if my friend is in there, do I still have to pay a cover
Can you call me a taxi
Someone stole my purse, can you go inside and find it
Someone stole my purse, stop everyone on the way out and search them
Do you have food inside
When are you open to
I was only in there for a little bit, can I have my $10 back
If I leave, can I come back in
Do girls have to pay cover
I know I don't know ANYTHING on my ID, it is becasue I just moved (including birthday)
I don't think there is any alcohol in my Happy Bowl.
THIS PLACE ******* RULES!! (yelled at me by now wasted guy who just 15 min ago said there is no alcohol in happy bowl)
What do you mean my cloths are to beggy (said by guy who is 100lbs, in cloths for 800lbs person)
It is not like that in Chicago
I remember coming to HANDC 20 years ago (we have been open for just over 5 years)
I know "so and so" who works here. Can I get in for free
If I flash you, can I get in for free
You are hot, will you make out with me (only said by wasted ugly fat chicks for some reason)
Are there ever fights here
The DJ wouldn't play my song, can I have my $10 back.
Will you walk me to my car
Do you know where my car is
Did you see my boyfriend/girlfriend leave
You don't remember me? I was here 2 months ago.

Now this is what is yelled at me all night long by drunk people. :chair:

mrz28M6
06-06-2006, 12:02 AM
thats just funny there neal! and julian sounds like UFC at riversplash haha

loudrsls1
06-06-2006, 02:01 PM
i had a blast did some pree drinking. then got some beer after i was already intoxicated rode jamacin jack the bull 2wice, each time with a different chick. ha ha ha. it was awsome. o yeah broke the cell in have. it wasnt a cheap nite but it was worth it...

T-Bag
06-06-2006, 05:18 PM
thats just funny there neal! and julian sounds like UFC at riversplash haha

It honestly did look like a UFC match. The knob was WRESTLING him and didn't even throw one punch.

STEALTHZR2
06-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Stealth, did that kid offer to pay for the beer, you said a handshake would be acceptable?
No he did it intentionally. He looked right at me to. I was to slow to turn around and rip off his face. Because I was trying not get the beer over Ame’s shirt.

sidewayzbimmer
06-07-2006, 01:09 AM
It honestly did look like a UFC match. The knob was WRESTLING him and didn't even throw one punch.

Lol it was. His friends were scared though :rolf :rolf :rolf

loudrsls1
06-07-2006, 02:15 AM
i was drunk but did you by chance have your head bandged up or something? i rember asking some dude what happend that had something on his head. he said he got in a fight.