PDA

View Full Version : RAMrod LAYED out

SmokinRAM114
05-30-2006, 04:37 PM
just finished it up yesterday. used a Mcguires flip kit and temped the front springs with some heat. turned out to be 7" outa the rear and 2" outa the front.

still need to get shocks for the back any recomendations?

also can someone phontoshop the rims black??id appretiate it. i dont know how hard it is do but if someones bored. thanks!!:thumbsup

STEALTHZR2
05-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Look'n good

Yooformula
05-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Nice stance!! Why didnt you use lowered springs or a lower a-arm kit instead of heating the springs? I so wanna do another lowered Ram. Good luck, post lots of pics!

SmokinRAM114
05-30-2006, 09:47 PM
i didnt get the springs yet. i am going to get 2" lowering springs for the front. it sat high up in front i couldnt tell you how many people on hwy sunday asked what kind of bag system i had. and its obviously not bagged. so i torched them monday till i get the springs.. im going to order them wednsday.

Slow Joe
05-30-2006, 10:34 PM
That looks awesome... now it needs a toneau cover and a roll pan and you'll be truckin' :rolf It does look good though!

SLONOMA
05-31-2006, 02:48 AM
lowered trucks kick ass, as you never see any older rams lowered.
Not bad for a daily

Yooformula
05-31-2006, 05:27 AM
I had Belltech nitro drop shocks for my fronts and they didnt last too long but I had gone with a lowered control arm and spring. I think I used KYBs for the rear and those held out for over 6 years before they needed to be replaced and we towed with it. I believe I used suspension techniques for all of the parts though...damm that was a loooong time ago.

I gotta whore it out again since the miss the snot out of it!!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/131000-131999/131161_9_full.jpg

SmokinRAM114
05-31-2006, 04:11 PM
as you never see any older rams lowered.
Not bad for a daily

I know! i looked on the internet for 94-02 4/6 lowered rams and found two! with the exception of yoo's. which I do like!:shades sucks you got rid of her..

I ordered the front springs today. it was like $96 shipped to my door from streetpros.com. thats where I got the flip kit also. if you dont see what your looking for call them they have it!

as for the roll pan I got a steel one from stylin concepts and its getting painted:thumbsup thats the reason for no bumper.

I have to cut the bed liner to fit a toneau. I'd like to get a access roll cover because I still haul my bikes in the bed, the last thing im doing to this for awhile is tinting the windows, either 10 or 15% havent decided. my dads got 15 on his red duramax and it looks good but still seems like it should be a little darker haha

Yooformula
05-31-2006, 04:47 PM
I did the Styling concepts rolled pan and added a hidden hitch with flip down plate as well. I got a great deal on a fiberglass toneau lid but that thing weighed a TON!! Cant wait to see the final product.

ripped2keclipse
05-31-2006, 06:26 PM
looking good

WilliamZ
05-31-2006, 08:01 PM
looks good!:thumbsup

purpl72olds
05-31-2006, 09:55 PM
So puttin all your money in the ram now ? Ever gonna do anything with your chevy or how is that coming ?

Nick
06-01-2006, 12:52 PM
I saw you at culvers today on sunset.

SMS 1
06-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Looks nice ;) Here is a real quick piss poor job for ya . . .

(PS- Image quality falls off pretty quick on pre compressed files like this, sorry :( )

SmokinRAM114
06-01-2006, 10:03 PM
whoa! thanks man!! what do you think?? black or keep them chrome?

So puttin all your money in the ram now ? Ever gonna do anything with your chevy or how is that coming ?

haha no just making it "mine" you know. the chevy is cab/frame/motor. everythings cut off just got to bolt some new stuff on. waiting for my torque converter for the t-400 so i put that in and make my custom tansfercase mount.(divorced t-case)

Nick- you should have said Hi i hardly know anybody on this board. i stop by oscars but i dont know who to talk to.

purpl72olds
06-02-2006, 12:34 PM
You know me chris! haha, but then agian i dont see you like i used to on a daily bassis anymore! Go break some stuff so clinton has something to work on!

Yeehaw
06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
chris ram looks good, saw it on sunset the other day, ridin rough but looks cool, JJ told me you slammed it

SmokinRAM114
06-03-2006, 12:41 PM
You know me chris! haha, but then agian i dont see you like i used to on a daily bassis anymore! Go break some stuff so clinton has something to work on!

haha ya you dont get to ride the spring city bicycle shane picked up for the guys to come get our junk..you know when I drive those company vehicles they get more air then a skateboard at the x-games. :rolf Clinton stays busy at Kilpatricks from us.lol :thumbsup

purpl72olds
06-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Ya i took that sweet ride for a beat run around the lot one night after some drinking :goof , lmao! I know you always are keeping clinton busy :rolf