PDA

View Full Version : Indy predictions?

Heat Seeker WS6
05-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Will the Penske cars in P1 & P2 hold off the others?
Will Danica run a smarter race than last year? She better have more cowbell.
Al Jr & Michael Andretti back again for one more
The rest???....

I'm pulling for Helio

Holeshot
05-28-2006, 11:10 AM
We shall see if Danica can repeat or if it was luck.

T-Bag
05-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Danica better be wearing only a bikini the entire race.

HITMAN
05-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I predict a long and boring race between a bunch of non-turbocharged slugs.:yawn:

I haven't watched Indy since Phony George took over. Fvck George and fvck the IRL.:punch:

Al
05-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Faster than nascar!

I'd like to see pensky win like they did in 97

HITMAN
05-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Faster than nascar!

Really? :rolleyes:

That must be why I don't watch that garbage, either.

T-Bag
05-28-2006, 05:40 PM
I predict a long and boring race between a bunch of non-turbocharged slugs.:yawn:

I haven't watched Indy since Phony George took over. Fvck George and fvck the IRL.:punch:

I'm not a fan of watching cars going into circles for hours on end, but to call them slugs is idiotic.

VroomPshhTsi
05-28-2006, 07:17 PM
There's a ton of strategy involved even when it is an oval track. Even though GT races are much better (Road America, Laguna Seca, etc.) the Indy 500 was fun to watch (second closest finish ever). What does non-turbocharged have to do with anything? Indy cars are much faster than anything around here with turbos or NASCAR and thus is the most exciting to watch.

HITMAN
05-29-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm not a fan of watching cars going into circles for hours on end, but to call them slugs is idiotic.

I'd say that would depend entirely on one's perspective, and to disagree with that statement is idiotic. As fan of Champ cars and F1, IMO, they're slugs.

T-Bag
05-29-2006, 01:32 AM
I'd say that would depend entirely on one's perspective, and to disagree with that statement is idiotic. As fan of Champ cars and F1, IMO, they're slugs.

Compared to those cars they may be slower, but they still are very fast. Anything that can wack around any street car with ease is fast to me.

HITMAN
05-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Indy cars are much faster than anything around here with turbos or NASCAR and thus is the most exciting to watch.

Oh really? Are IRL cars faster than Champ cars? NO. Does the IRL race at the MM? NO. Do they race at RA? NO. CART does, the Champ cars are turbocharged, they are louder, they are faster, they are definitely more exiting to watch, and they are HERE. Thus, you don't know what you are talking about. :thumbsup

I'd sooner watch paint dry than watch an IRL or NASCAR race.

HITMAN
05-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Compared to those cars they may be slower, but they still are very fast. Anything that can wack around any street car with ease is fast to me.

Yes, and that is your perspective. Nothing wrong with that, just don't use words like "idiotic" when referring to someone else's point-of-view, at least when you don't know that person's history. I've been around some "street cars" that could probably stomp a mud-hole in an IRL car, at least in a pure acceleration sense.

T-Bag
05-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Yes, and that is your perspective. Nothing wrong with that, just don't use words like "idiotic" when referring to someone else's point-of-view, at least when you don't know that person's history. I've been around some "street cars" that could probably stomp a mud-hole in an IRL car, at least in a pure acceleration sense.

Dude, acceleration is not the entire point of those races. Find a street car that can take a corner like them. You won't.

HITMAN
05-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Dude, acceleration is not the entire point of those races. Find a street car that can take a corner like them. You won't.

OK, fine, but you used the word fast. The word has different meanings to different people. Cornering speed has more to do with tire grip than power. Tire grip is all about suspension, weight and the tires themselves, not power. Does the fact that my CRX can go through a corner faster than my Cobra make it a faster car? In that one aspect, yes, but in general, no.

Yes, an IRL car is a more complete speed package than someone's street car, but would you want to drive one from here to San Diego? And it should be faster, it's an all out open-wheel race car. But there ARE faster open-wheel classes, and I choose to follow them over the IRL.

As I said before, it's all about perspective. We can dance around this issue forever, or you can concede my point on "fast" being a matter of opinion, and then we can move on.

To you, the IRL is fast. I prefer other forms of open-wheel racing. Let it be.

T-Bag
05-29-2006, 07:07 PM
OK, fine, but you used the word fast. The word has different meanings to different people. Cornering speed has more to do with tire grip than power. Tire grip is all about suspension, weight and the tires themselves, not power. Does the fact that my CRX can go through a corner faster than my Cobra make it a faster car? In that one aspect, yes, but in general, no.

Yes, an IRL car is a more complete speed package than someone's street car, but would you want to drive one from here to San Diego? And it should be faster, it's an all out open-wheel race car. But there ARE faster open-wheel classes, and I choose to follow them over the IRL.

As I said before, it's all about perspective. We can dance around this issue forever, or you can concede my point on "fast" being a matter of opinion, and then we can move on.

To you, the IRL is fast. I prefer other forms of open-wheel racing. Let it be.

My point is don't call fast cars slugs, even if there are faster cars out there. End discussion.

nismodave
05-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Im split on this......

Im a Fan of Cart.....Not IRL.

But it is the 500, one of the top 3 races in the world.

And it does not matter if the cars go 200 or 240........As long as the racing is good.

But IRL is mostly Oval racing, which I generally hate.

HITMAN
05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
My point is don't call fast cars slugs, even if there are faster cars out there. End discussion.

:rolleyes:

Who died and left you in charge of adjectives? I don't remember the part where you get to choose what words people use. Unless you can provide the proper Deity credentials, I'd say it's time for you to STFU.:punch:

T-Bag
05-29-2006, 11:31 PM
:rolleyes:

I'd say it's time for you to STFU.:punch:

Or what, you're going to go e-thug on me? :rolleyes: Give me a break.

P.S. This was a thread to discuss the Indy 500, not for you to come in and act like a tool bashing IRL because the cars don't go fast enough for you. Hence, why I ruffled your feathers, not that I really give a **** either way.

HITMAN
05-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Or what, you're going to go e-thug on me? :rolleyes: Give me a break..

No, I'd much rather watch you fumble about this thread unsuccessfully trying to alter my opinion of the IRL, and at the same time acting like the Thought Police. Keep trying Officer Squarenutz, it's fun to watch the handicapped.:thumbsup

P.S. This was a thread to discuss the Indy 500, not for you to come in and act like a tool bashing IRL because the cars don't go fast enough for you. Hence, why I ruffled your feathers, not that I really give a **** either way.

Oh, I'm terribly sorry for interrupting this incredibly serious discussion with my short-sighted rant. How dare I intrude on such heavy philosophical musings as:

Danica better be wearing only a bikini the entire race. Whatever was I thinking? Please excuse me for my blunder and go back to your potential Nobel Prize winning study on the physics and associated properties of those near light-speed achieving IRL cars. I'll now go and contemplate joining a Buddhist monastery so as to never offend a great mind such as yours with my silliness, ever again.

theavenger333
05-30-2006, 11:14 PM
the answer to what will happen is.............................

cars will drive fast in a circle, be very loud, they will pass each other, one will prob blow up or smash into another car and or wall. someone will win.

I WON

T-Bag
05-31-2006, 07:33 AM
No, I'd much rather watch you fumble about this thread unsuccessfully trying to alter my opinion of the IRL, and at the same time acting like the Thought Police. Keep trying Officer Squarenutz, it's fun to watch the handicapped.:thumbsup

Oh, I'm terribly sorry for interrupting this incredibly serious discussion with my short-sighted rant. How dare I intrude on such heavy philosophical musings as:
Whatever was I thinking? Please excuse me for my blunder and go back to your potential Nobel Prize winning study on the physics and associated properties of those near light-speed achieving IRL cars. I'll now go and contemplate joining a Buddhist monastery so as to never offend a great mind such as yours with my silliness, ever again.

Yes, I came into this thread with a Danica comment. Why? Because she's hot and the picture of her driving an car in a bikini is amusing, and I'm sure a frew can relate. YOU came into this thread to specifically **** on it like you have done in the past (specifically, shitting on somebody's religion).

Next time, please do us all a favor and keep your bullsh*t elitist attitude to yourself. KTHXBYE

HITMAN
05-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Yes, I came into this thread with a Danica comment. Why? Because she's hot and the picture of her driving an car in a bikini is amusing, and I'm sure a frew can relate. YOU came into this thread to specifically **** on it like you have done in the past (specifically, shitting on somebody's religion).

Next time, please do us all a favor and keep your bullsh*t elitist attitude to yourself. KTHXBYE

I see it a bit differently. You made some insipid sexist comment about a woman racer that wouldn't give you the time of day if you had $1000 bills taped to your scrotum, in some feeble attempt at humor. Whereas, I gave an apparently overly descriptive race prediction (That IS what the thread was about, afterall...) and my thoughts about the IRL series owner, whom I dislike. You took GREAT offense to my description of these cars as "slugs" and here we are; thread hijacked all to hell, arguing not only semantics, but also my apparent worthiness to associate with other board members as I see fit. ALL because YOU got your panties in a wad over one word.:wow Perhaps the word "slug" was a bit on the excessive side, but your reaction to it and my subsequent posts has been ludicrous, to say the least. :rolleyes:

"SuperTyler, Thought Police and Defender of all things IRL." :rolf

Quit trying to paint yourself as some BCM superhero and me as some sort of villain. I've got news for you, Bunky, neither one of us is going to be canonized anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned, you're just a neurotic jack-ass with a grandiose sense of where you fit in the whole scheme of things. Let me give you a bit of a hint: Tyler < http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/turd.gif

As for me keeping my "bullsh*t elitist attitude" to myself, well, it isn't EVER going to happen, especially were it concerns YOU. I WILL post whatever I wish, wherever I wish, whenever I wish to do so. Unless I truly go over some unforeseen line and get myself banned, YOU will just have to deal with my "bullsh*t elitist attitude" for the foreseeable future. :thumbsup

T-Bag
05-31-2006, 11:43 PM
I see it a bit differently. You made some insipid sexist comment about a woman racer that wouldn't give you the time of day if you had $1000 bills taped to your scrotum, in some feeble attempt at humor. Whereas, I gave an apparently overly descriptive race prediction (That IS what the thread was about, afterall...)
Your response was a bash, plain and simple, you were bashing IRL.

and my thoughts about the IRL series owner, whom I dislike. You took GREAT offense to my description of these cars as "slugs" and here we are; thread hijacked all to hell, arguing not only semantics, but also my apparent worthiness to associate with other board members as I see fit. ALL because YOU got your panties in a wad over one word.:wow Perhaps the word "slug" was a bit on the excessive side, but your reaction to it and my subsequent posts has been ludicrous, to say the least. :rolleyes:
Like I said before, I'm not a fan of any circle track racing, or any open wheel racing of any sort. I didn't take "offense" to your slug comment, I simply thought it was dumb to say. Please, drive one of those cars and call it a slug.

]"SuperTyler, Thought Police and Defender of all things IRL." :rolf

Quit trying to paint yourself as some BCM superhero and me as some sort of villain. I've got news for you, Bunky, neither one of us is going to be canonized anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned, you're just a neurotic jack-ass with a grandiose sense of where you fit in the whole scheme of things. Let me give you a bit of a hint: Tyler < http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/turd.gif
I'm trying to be a super hero? ahahaha. I'm simply calling you out because you are a TOOL. I have never thought myself above anybody on this board, and am friends with a lot of people here... well...except yourself because....well...you're a shithead. You've proven that on many many occasions.

As for me keeping my "bullsh*t elitist attitude" to myself, well, it isn't EVER going to happen, especially were it concerns YOU. I WILL post whatever I wish, wherever I wish, whenever I wish to do so. Unless I truly go over some unforeseen line and get myself banned, YOU will just have to deal with my "bullsh*t elitist attitude" for the foreseeable future. :thumbsup

Well there really isn't much I can do about that except choose to ignore you. Which is really the easy way out of things, I'd rather watch you continue to make an ass of yourself and you do an EXCELLENT job of it according to myself and many I have talked to on here. I admit, you do have some brains behind you and I admire that, however, you're still a jackass to put it nicely. :loser

It's obvious that we will never like each other or agree with each other, so...see ya round.

HITMAN
06-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Your response was a bash, plain and simple, you were bashing IRL.

Wow, you ARE sharp. What was your first clue? It's called S A R C A S M, jeenyus.

Like I said before, I'm not a fan of any circle track racing, or any open wheel racing of any sort. I didn't take "offense" to your slug comment, I simply thought it was dumb to say. Please, drive one of those cars and call it a slug.

Let's see, I don't have to try to pick up the Rock Of Gibraltar to know that it's heavy. I also don't have to drive an IRL turd to know that it's quite a bit slower than an F1 or Champ car. In other words, in comparison to those other two open-wheelers, IT'S A SLUG.:thumbsup

I'm trying to be a super hero? ahahaha. I'm simply calling you out because you are a TOOL. I have never thought myself above anybody on this board, and am friends with a lot of people here... well...except yourself because....well...you're a shithead. You've proven that on many many occasions.

Tool, shithead, blah, blah, blah. Such an original fellow. :yawn: You may call me anything you wish, it's a free country. Just try to be less boring about it, if you please.
Friends? :rolf IF you truly have friends, then I would have to say that their taste in companions is rather suspect... BTW, if I'm such an ass in comparison to a swell guy like you, how come with only 557 posts to my credit compared to your 1284, I have one more of those little green reputation dots under my post count than you do?:confused

Well there really isn't much I can do about that except choose to ignore you. Which is really the easy way out of things, I'd rather watch you continue to make an ass of yourself and you do an EXCELLENT job of it according to myself and many I have talked to on here. I admit, you do have some brains behind you and I admire that, however, you're still a jackass to put it nicely. :loser

It's obvious that we will never like each other or agree with each other, so...see ya round.

Oh, I don't know about that. You note that I "have some brains." I agree. See, we can agree on something.:thumbsup

As for me being an ass, there again, it's a matter of perspective. Here's my perspective: If a stool-sample like you thinks I'm an ass, I MUST be doing SOMETHING right.;)

As for your alleged friends? Maybe you really shouldn't respond to those voices in your head...

VroomPshhTsi
06-01-2006, 01:32 AM
are you guys done yet? :popcorn

T-Bag
06-01-2006, 07:34 AM
ROFL you base your reputation on those green things on top? bwahahahahahahaha. You ******* dork. Seriously, that is the dumbest way to gauge your reputation here, considering many of my friends on this board have left bad rep just for the hell of it. This whole rep thing is an ongoing game and only morons like yourself take it as an e-penis measurement.

Also, how are your comments sarcasm when YOU REALLY MEAN IT. Wow, and you call me the genious. Get bent.

nismodave
06-01-2006, 07:48 AM
are you guys done yet? :popcorn

Yea no $hit........Twisted......Hitman is always looking for an argument or to talk trash about one thing or another, let it go man. :)

T-Bag
06-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Yea no $hit........Twisted......Hitman is always looking for an argument or to talk trash about one thing or another, let it go man. :)

Yeah he's not really worth my time anymore. :thumbsup

HITMAN
06-01-2006, 10:36 PM
ROFL you base your reputation on those green things on top? bwahahahahahahaha. You ******* dork. Seriously, that is the dumbest way to gauge your reputation here, considering many of my friends on this board have left bad rep just for the hell of it. This whole rep thing is an ongoing game and only morons like yourself take it as an e-penis measurement.

Are you not the one the brought your vast network of imaginary friends into this argument? According to you, I am a jackass, a tool, a shithead, a whatever lame insult you will doubtlessly come up with next. Therefore, based on your interminable negative assessments, I should have no allies on this board, whatsoever. It appears that is not the case. Trust me, for all of the negative feedback I have received (and the amount is CONSIDERABLE, I assure you) the good still outweighs the bad. Some here happen to enjoy my style. :D

Here's an idea for you. If you don't like how I choose to refute your inane blathering, try not bringing unrelated crap (your non-existent friends, for instance) into this farcical thread, and I'll not throw it back into your imbecilic face.:loser

Also, how are your comments sarcasm when YOU REALLY MEAN IT. Wow, and you call me the genious. Get bent.

sar·casm n.
1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

See anything in those definitions about sarcasm only being used when you aren't serious? I didn't think so. Idiot.

BTW, it's spelled G E N I U S, jeenyus.:durr

Here, I have an offer going for dolts like you. You may wish to take advantage of it so we don't have to go through this anymore.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3417/hitmansschool5mc.jpg

Classes start this Fall...:deal

HITMAN
06-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah he's not really worth my time anymore. :thumbsup

Heh, you aren't worth anybody's time, oxygen thief, but I haven't anything better to do. It's either insult you, or watch the news. The news isn't nearly as amusing.