PDA

View Full Version : anyone here service central air?

Cryptic
05-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Turned on the A/C today. It gets cold but it seems to run non-stop. Perhaps it needs a re-charge.

Anyone here in the biz?

HITMAN
05-28-2006, 11:23 AM
I just had mine serviced. I, too, thought it needed recharging, but it turned out that the condenser just needed all the grass clippings and leaves from the last 9 years removed.:rolleyes: I never gave that a thought :durr or I could have pulled the cowling off of the air conditioner and done it myself.

Give it a try, and maybe save yourself a few $$$ in the process, ESPECIALLY on a holiday weekend.:thumbsup

y2kws6
05-28-2006, 11:25 AM
So the home is getting too cold? Does it reach set point? Do still have a humidification on?

Dan

Yooformula
05-28-2006, 11:33 AM
STKMACH, I thought did a/c work

Lash
05-28-2006, 12:33 PM
If the set temp on the t-stat is more than 4-5* lower than what the temp in the house actually is when you first turn it on...it will run for a long time. It's alot to overcome. A/C is made to maintain a temp. not overcome one. So it may take a while to bring the inital temp down.

Also...as said alread...make sure the condensing unit is clean od any debris.

Cryptic
05-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I have it set for 76 degrees... just to take out humidity really.

The unit we have is twice the size we need so it should kick off more often that it is. I'll check the condenser, but I dont believe there will be much grass by it. Certainly worth checking though

Brian98GTP
05-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Andy,
also check to make sure the return grilles are clean and clear of everything and the filter isnt clogged up with a bunch of dog hair/cat hair/pubic hair/etc.... :)

Also, most importantly...............................

Did you close all the windows? :banana1:

STKMACH
05-28-2006, 05:26 PM
STKMACH, I thought did a/c work I do. Hey Yoo did you ever get my PM about th BCM sticker? I need to buy one from ya, let me know

STKMACH
05-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Turned on the A/C today. It gets cold but it seems to run non-stop. Perhaps it needs a re-charge.

Anyone here in the biz?If your still in need of service I wont charge you the Holiday rate, Actually I will beat anybodys price for BCM members. # sent via PM

Korndogg
05-28-2006, 06:42 PM
And I'll beat STKMACH's price... lol jp man, I wouldnt take away your business lol

STKMACH
05-28-2006, 06:44 PM
And I'll beat STKMACH's price... lol jp man, I wouldnt take away your business lol No prob man, Nice car by the way.:thumbsup

Korndogg
05-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks! maybe Ill bring it out to HWY sometime when Im not afraid to take it out there anymore lol

STKMACH
05-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks! maybe Ill bring it out to HWY sometime when Im not afraid to take it out there anymore lol Actually it hasen't been to bad up there. Well when I see ya I will def say Hi

Korndogg
05-28-2006, 06:54 PM
sounds good. Never been to oscar's before. (ok now im expecting everyone to be like...what?! OMG) lol

Yooformula
05-28-2006, 06:57 PM
who is going tonight? ooops sorry bout the hijack Andy.

Korndogg
05-28-2006, 06:58 PM
lol yea sorry didnt mean to jack the thread either.

STKMACH
05-28-2006, 06:59 PM
sounds good. Never been to oscar's before. (ok now im expecting everyone to be like...what?! OMG) lol You'll have alot of peeps checking out your nice car thats for sure.

STKMACH
05-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Ok back to business CRYPT did you resolve you problem?

STKMACH
05-28-2006, 07:06 PM
who is going tonight? ooops sorry bout the hijack Andy.I will be out could you bring a BCM sticker with you????? Check your PMs, I know you get alot of them, but I need a sticker to represent BCM.

0TransAm0
05-29-2006, 09:40 AM
at least your AC works i had mine on for 2 hours thursday night and it started leaking water from my celieling.i went in the attic to check it out and tryed to turn it back on and it went on for 2 seconds then shut off now it wont even turn back on.... (i live in a condo and it an upper) good thing tho is i rent so its not my problem i just have to deal without the AC till the landlord can fix it.

Cryptic
05-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok back to business CRYPT did you resolve you problem?

The air is functional... I just believe its not running as efficient as it could be. I'm not an expert though. It's not an emergency. I'll give ya a buzz after the holiday

Lash
05-29-2006, 07:41 PM
at least your AC works i had mine on for 2 hours thursday night and it started leaking water from my celieling.

Probably some duct that is not insulated...condensation

STKMACH
05-29-2006, 07:42 PM
The air is functional... I just believe its not running as efficient as it could be. I'm not an expert though. It's not an emergency. I'll give ya a buzz after the holidaySounds good.

STKMACH
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Probably some duct that is not insulated...condensationThe evaporator coil pan could be plugged or the drain hose. If that's
the case the condensing water from the evap coil will just drain over the side where it's not supposed to like the ceiling, electric controls ect.

Lash
05-29-2006, 09:01 PM
The evaporator coil pan could be plugged or the drain hose. If that's
the case the condensing water from the evap coil will just drain over the side where it's not supposed to like the ceiling, electric controls ect.

True....I never though about the furnace being above the ceiling/in the attic.
Mine is in a closet.

STKMACH
05-29-2006, 09:37 PM
True....I never though about the furnace being above the ceiling/in the attic.
Mine is in a closet.Actually he probably has a air handler for his evaporator coil, that is if he has hydronic heat, if not it's forced air. Well seeing he is a renter he has nota to worry about money wise.

0TransAm0
05-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Actually he probably has a air handler for his evaporator coil, that is if he has hydronic heat, if not it's forced air. Well seeing he is a renter he has nota to worry about money wise.

true the landlord should be here today to look at it. its central air, like you said and the heat is just basebord heaters in every room with a differant thermostat for each room kinda a pain in the ass but at least i can turn the heat off in the rooms i dont go in much and have the bedroom freezing at night just the way i like it.

Lash
05-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Actually he probably has a air handler for his evaporator coil, that is if he has hydronic heat, if not it's forced air. Well seeing he is a renter he has nota to worry about money wise.

off topic..well kinda.....where do you work?