View Full Version : UFC updates please!!

Yooformula
05-27-2006, 11:03 PM
I am stuck at work and a bunch of us are dying to know what happened. The site isnt saying anything right now.

Lash
05-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Royce got his ass beat. ref stopage about 4:30 into the first round. Hugh was on his back on the ground dropping bombs. I think hughes fvked up gracies arm earlier in the round with a nasty straight armbar/Kimura . Royce refused to tap but it looked NASTY!!

I was pretty disappointed in Gracie.

Lash
05-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Diego Sanchez also won.

Mike Swick won too....1st round by submission..lol. Who woulda though.

hrsp
05-27-2006, 11:47 PM
diego sanchez is the ****..i'm a big fan of his..

royce is old and he should of neva tried to come back...kinda like jordan with the wiz and bonds now...greats have a hard time giving up what they love

Lash
05-27-2006, 11:57 PM
It really was sad though...to see the look on Royce face after the fight. He is still one of the greatest fighters ever. You always knew that he would eventually get beat...just not like this.

And Diego got pretty busted up in the first (or maybe 2nd...cant remember) round. He had a BIG gash over his eyebrow. Everybody was bo'ing him when he won the decision...lol.

hrsp
05-28-2006, 12:03 AM
who did he fight? royce had his time and is a ufc legend..no question

Lash
05-28-2006, 12:10 AM
John Alessio
He actually look pretty decent til Diego FINALLY took him down. he was chasing him around the ring forever taking shots to the face. he probably tried to take him down 10-15 times but never got him. But when he did....

Lash
05-28-2006, 12:27 AM
All results:

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?eventid=3666

Yooformula
05-28-2006, 03:55 AM
A buddy brought me a copy of it to work so I could watch it. Of course the f@rking VCR ate the tape just as the Hughes match was starting....

Diego never took Alessio down, he was on his back for 2 minutes TRYING to take him out. Alessio had a great defensive match and I dont think he should have lost. A second longer for either fighter and a choke or an arm bar...BROKEN arm would have been the outcome.

95 TA - The Beast
05-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Diego is a retard... Hard telling he has hired a speech coach and a tutor since winning his contract, because he talked liked a total dumbf*ck on Ultimate Fighter 1... I can't stand the guy... I SOOO wanted him to get his ass beat when he fought Diaz... That was a fight that was highly disappointing as well...

And I agree Aliesso should have won the match, since Diego couldn't do **** to him, he defended himself well, got out of anything but the 'back riding' by Diego, and even that should have been called as a re-standup by the ref since there wasn't **** either coudl really do after a minute like that... Kinda like a stalemate when they are on the ground in the same type of situation, it would have been called for a reset in the middle of the ring... But again, Aliesso was the only one to get in hits that caused damage, he did it consistantly, and he had great defense... All which should have equaled a win... Outside of the back-riding that Diego did, he didn't score **** anywhere outside of failed and poor takedown attempts...

Lash
05-28-2006, 09:09 AM
All I know is...Rich Franlin better watch out. Vera is starting to look pretty good.

:)

Lash
05-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Interview with hughes after the fight. Pretty much everything he says is true.

http://www.sherdogvideos.com/events/ufc60/ufc60_post_hughes.wmv