PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee's Race Church, check it out!

RCN4HIM
05-23-2006, 10:43 PM
If you want to see some racing action this weekend and go to a cool church, check out these pictures. Our theme for the month of June is "Start Your Engines!" We have a really cool and creative Senior Pastor who's stretching the envelope of creativity (we're about a month apart in age.. 30 something) and with all the gearheads in our church came up with this new series.

Our mens group has made multiple trips to a NHRA race over the years and we have a blast!, we have guys who race just about everything attending our church of about 400 and growning.

We also do a once a year car show with free food, games, rock climbing etc...

Lastly, I'm filling in for my pastor this weekend (May 28th) and I'll be giving my talk (sermon) in my RCI racing suit showing some old footage of my old 10" outlaw car to kick off the morning with the volume cranked up!

Come check it out, two services 8:00 am and 10:45 am - If you come, introduce yourself!:)

Evangel Church
9920 W Good Hope
Milwaukee

Berettaspeed
05-23-2006, 10:50 PM
i must say that pretty cool.

95mustang302
05-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Very Cool!!!

RCN4HIM
05-26-2006, 08:23 AM
i must say that pretty cool.

Thanks, Hope to see some of you on Sunday Sunday Sunday!.....

(Your calander say's 2006, and the whole world is ticking by that timeline for a reason:stare

2kgtp
05-26-2006, 09:43 AM
That is pretty cool. Maybe I'll goto church now.

pnad
05-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Im shocked no one mentioned "Jesus built my hotrod" :D

RanJer
05-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Im shocked no one mentioned "Jesus built my hotrod" :D

I think Jesus may be the only thing holding my car together sometimes :rolf

pOrk
05-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I dunno, still think its lame. Its neat that they are trying to be different, but you still wont see me there I dont care if your handing out free beer

68RR440
05-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I dunno, still think its lame. Its neat that they are trying to be different, but you still wont see me there I dont care if your handing out free beer
:rolf :rolf Amen to that! :rolf :rolf

SlowStee
05-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Thinking church is lame in general because you dont believe in god gives you a whole different perspective on it in the first place..

In other words, it was kind of pointless for you to post about it at all.... you dont drink either from what I remember :confused

pOrk
05-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Thinking church is lame in general because you dont believe in god gives you a whole different perspective on it in the first place..

In other words, it was kind of pointless for you to post about it at all.... you dont drink either from what I remember :confused

I dont, but free beer = drunk chicks.

And religion and church are two different things :banana

SSmike1
05-29-2006, 03:17 PM
VERY COOL,
Kinda like RFC = Racers For Christ!

:)

Thank You Jesus!
--------------------
;)

ProjectCamaro
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Sounds like your saying racing is more important than worshipping God by doing this.

SlowStee
05-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Sounds like your saying racing is more important than worshipping God by doing this.
This day and age anything to catch people's attention..

Society is so caught up in itself..

RCN4HIM
05-29-2006, 06:15 PM
VERY COOL,
Kinda like RFC = Racers For Christ!

:)

Thank You Jesus!
--------------------
;)

Both services went very well.. the "wheels up" video clips went off without a hitch and as unorthodox as it was, people young and old a like loved the services. We believe church should be the most creative place in the world!

As far as putting motorsports above worshipping God,,,, don't make a judgement untill you come out for a "worship" service!

See Ya- Sunday :)