PDA

View Full Version : Mopajims fire sale - 75 Dodge 1/2 ton 440 4wd

Moparjim
05-23-2006, 08:46 PM
1st up in the fire sale - my 1975 Dodge truck. 1/2 ton, 4wd, 727 auto, long bed, big block rebuilt 440 in it from MoparScott's old Charger - your standard old school Mopar rebuild - forged pistons probably TRW's, Mopar .484 cam, mildly ported heads, Edelbrock Performer, Holley 750. Was a low 13 second motor in a heavy 71 Charger on street tires. Truck would be an awesome deal for someone it has been my "work" truck for many years, I have BARELY used it, but kept putting new stuff into it over the years. All parts have very few miles on them. Has Mopar police rims with almost new decent size tires, all new brakes, new shocks, newer dual exhauust, BRAND new headers, a bunch of various parts. Its mostly sat in my driveway and now my garage waiting for me to fix it, it would make a very decent big block fun or work truck for someone with a little work.

The bad - its got some bondo in the body, some patches in the floor and its half red and half primer with a smatterin of surface rust. Its not what I would call bad, but its not a clean body either. It currently needs the trans rebuilt as well. Lent it to my brother in law who "somehow" had the battery come loose and got battery acid all over the motor, ruining the shiney hemi orange paint!

At any rate it will go one of two ways: I can either sell it CHEAP to someone thats willing to take it as is and put it back on the road themselves. I'm thinking like $2500 or make me an offer the motor and parts are worth more than that. Otherwise my "plan" is to yank the motor and trans, repaint the motor and get the trans done, reinstall and then drive it to MAACO and get it painted red for $500 and put it up for $4000 or offer. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I am more than willing to deal I kinda want it gone.

Someone looking for a nice 440 might consider taking the truck just for that, or I may consider selling it seperate then selling the truck as a roller.