PDA

View Full Version : UFC opinions.....

Yooformula
05-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Is Royce allowed to use his gui now in the UFC? That was a big advantage for ALOT of his fights and I think it would be unfair if he got to use it again.

Does anyone else think this is going to be a blow out with nothing but hype?

tommyt5078
05-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I think Matt will win big!

97z2801ss
05-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Im thinking Matt will woop his ass too

dr doom
05-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Matt is a well rounded fighter.........hes gonna win!

Lash
05-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Dont count Royce out though. Too many people underestimate him (Matt Hughes) just because of his age. He's not that old.

I've also hard that Hughes hasnt been taking traing for this fight seriously. Hasnt trained like the rest of his UFC title fights. Working on his stand up cause he dosent think Royce can/will take him down. If he truely thinks that...he's got a big surprise coming. Dont forget...he is still the guy who tapped out dudes that had 100lbs. on him.

pnad
05-23-2006, 03:49 PM
I dunno, hard choice, but I think the old guy has one more win left in him.

twicks69
05-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I hope that Royce lays down a little submission whoop ass on Matt, for old times sake!

Will probably be a short fight though... 2 round max. Either 1 round with KO from Matt, or 2 round Gracie Submission.

SlowStee
05-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Will probably be a short fight though... 2 round max. Either 1 round with KO from Matt, or 2 round Gracie Submission.
thats whats great about UFC, the **** can end so quick with a swift hit or submission :thumbsup

Lash
05-24-2006, 05:09 PM
x2

Instant endings are the best!! Nothing like a one hiter quiter!!

Yooformula
05-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I dont think Matt will take this one lightly like he did against BJ Penn.

DirtyMax
05-25-2006, 08:39 AM
I'd like to see Royce win one for old time's sake. I used to watch UFC waaay back in the day when it first started being on PPV. Back when him, Shamrock, and Tank Abbott were big names....

Cryptic
05-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I havent scene a fight in ages. Prolly close to 3 years now.
I think Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz - UFC 40 was the last big one I saw.

VroomPshhTsi
05-25-2006, 05:18 PM
I can't wait for Tito to kick Shamrock's ass again at the end of the Ultimate Fighter season

Yooformula
05-25-2006, 08:41 PM
The more I watch the matchup between the two and their fight history, the more I am unsure which way this will go.

Lash
05-25-2006, 09:56 PM
The more I watch the matchup between the two and their fight history, the more I am unsure which way this will go.

Who..Ortiz and Shamrock...or hughes and Gracie..lol?

Yooformula
05-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Gracei and Hughes.

Lash
05-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah...it can really go either way. It'll be interesting...thats for sure. I just want my money's worth.

SlowStee
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I can't wait for Tito to kick Shamrock's ass again at the end of the Ultimate Fighter season
Shamrocks performances against Tito are; sadly, just pitiful

MrBigShot
05-26-2006, 02:13 AM
I hope the legend wins !!! I just sets up more great fights in the future. UFC rules !!!!!!!!Does every one know that they are starting a UFC in Europe ? and in Mexico !!!!!!!! UFC is getting huge !!!!!!!!!!!

Lash
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
I hope the legend wins !!! I just sets up more great fights in the future. UFC rules !!!!!!!!Does every one know that they are starting a UFC in Europe ? and in Mexico !!!!!!!! UFC is getting huge !!!!!!!!!!!

They have to. They are actually losing fighters from time to time to 'Pride Fights'. Pride is HUGE everywhere except in the U.S.

95 TA - The Beast
05-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I am a pretty big UFC/MMA fan all around... I have not missed a single UFC, and that includes the bouts when they went 'underground' and you had to know someone to get a copy of the fights to view...

But yeah, this is going to be pretty sad for Gracie methinks... Hughes is part of the 'newest' breed of fighter and I would have to say that unless Gracie has learned a lot more since he fought Sakuraba in the last Pride matchup (anyone who doesn't know Sakuraba is considered the 'Gracie Hunter' as he has beat the entire Gracie clan that is still fighting, and he beat Royce like 3 times so far), and he is still pretty much up to his 'old-school' style of submission fighting... I mean Sakuraba was able to drop him consistantly and control him on the ground... The entire Gracie clan was pretty frustrated fighting him...

The wife is finally hooked on UFC as well... I think the Ultimate Fighter series finally got he interested enough to fully enjoy it...

Needless to say I will be watching the PPV at home tonight... :)

Knyghtmare
05-27-2006, 03:32 PM
I guess I just cant get the "bug"

I am watching this right now and I am just not entertained... They slap and kick a little bit, but then all they are doing is hugging and holding each other like they are watching the the sunset... :confused

Lash
05-27-2006, 03:37 PM
The wife is finally hooked on UFC as well... I think the Ultimate Fighter series finally got he interested enough to fully enjoy it...

Same here. She even has her favorite fighters...lol.

Yooformula
05-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Same here, we dont miss a single episode. I cant wait to see Matt fock up the heavy weights in Shamrocks team. I cant stand a single fighter on his team.

95 TA - The Beast
05-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Same here, we dont miss a single episode. I cant wait to see Matt fock up the heavy weights in Shamrocks team. I cant stand a single fighter on his team.

In all actuality Shamrock is a retard... He refuses to train fighters that are not in his 'Lions Den', thus his view is 'why make the potential competition better/stronger'... Which, quite frankly is a bunch of bullsh*t, since he is doing all of the guys on his 'team' a dis-service with such a shitty attitude, and with Team Punishment (Tito's) basically mopping the floor with them is proof of that... I mean hell, Tito's 'weakest' guy still gave Shamrock's 'strongest' a run for his money...

But it is aparent that Shamrock's 'training style' on the show of being soft and hands-off is a crock of ****... No wonder the ass-clown gets pummeled by Tito time and time again... :thumbsup

Josepy
05-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Hughes all the way.

moels
05-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I will be watching this at home tonight as well. I wasn't gonna order it but I have been watching UFC/MMA since the first one came out. I have to see this fight between Gracie and Hughes. Part of me would like to see Royce take Hughes but I just don't think he'll match up well.

Lash
05-27-2006, 07:37 PM
1hr 15min WOOT!!!

hrsp
05-27-2006, 08:29 PM
i'm on my way over..i'll bring beer....