PDA

View Full Version : scion car show 27th street

ricksws7
05-21-2006, 08:55 PM
I made the mistake of going to this import event. Took my 98 trans-am entered and got screwd. Lost to the clubs friend in a 87 cutless now I can see losing to a nice car,but this thing looked like an import abortion WHAT a JOKE. I guess you need to keep the import guys separate from the american guy car shows. Last time I make that mistake!! Rick:flipoff2:

97PontiacW68
05-21-2006, 08:59 PM
lol yeah dont do that again.. id love to see your t/a in person though.. the ws7 is rare and i think ive seen pictures of you car and i was quite impressed! :thumbsup

ricksws7
05-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Thank you for the compliment a picture was posted of my car from the milwaukee mile run a couple weeks back. And yes STAY AWAY FROM IMPORT SHOWS. Rick

Holeshot
05-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I made the mistake of going to this import event. Took my 98 trans-am entered and got screwd. Lost to the clubs friend in a 87 cutless now I can see losing to a nice car,but this thing looked like an import abortion WHAT a JOKE. I guess you need to keep the import guys separate from the american guy car shows. Last time I make that mistake!! Rick:flipoff2:
I know what you mean Rick. The only reason I stopped by was because one of the sales guys from the other dealer is a Goat owner and he wanted some sound clips of his exhaust. I stayed for a while. Was good to finally meet you.

Hope to see you in two weeks.

V3rtigo
05-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I stopped by because i know a guy that was working the show. I saw your car, it was one of the more interesting cars out there. I spent most of my time talking to the owner of the rust colored primer turbo probe (runs low 13s).

fireguyrick
05-21-2006, 11:28 PM
I actually was "there", but I was looking at a new vehicle the wife wants in the Subaru/Mitsu lot. I glanced over, and was VERY VERY glad I did not have my STi with me today. Deff. not a "show" I would want to attend, much less spectate at.

Rick

srt4eh
05-22-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm glad that I didn't pay to have my car in there.....that show was a joke.

TURTLE
05-22-2006, 05:38 PM
i showed... kinda... i was under the impression that the night show would have more than 4 classes... ummm.. yeah, and when 1/2 of them are scion classes, kinda screws those people out of trophies that didn't go to the day show... what a joke..

spindler27
05-22-2006, 05:50 PM
yeah, that show was gay, the judge came up to me and asked what a catch can was...........then to top it off he pointed to my intake manifold and said "you have the stock exhaust?", when no more than 6 inches away was my hard pipe and tial bov

pOrk
05-23-2006, 12:32 AM
i showed... kinda... i was under the impression that the night show would have more than 4 classes... ummm.. yeah, and when 1/2 of them are scion classes, kinda screws those people out of trophies that didn't go to the day show... what a joke..

It was a SCION show, at a SCION dealership :thumbsup

I showed at the night show, didnt get back into town until 3 or so and did some last minute prep on Andrea's car and washed both mine and hers. We both took best lighting in our classes, they kinda organized the classes funky but what can you do.

I also saw one of the judges run his finger across Andreas rim, and gave her -5 for cleanliness. I was like wtf?

Classes for the night show were:

1st 2nd and 3rd Best Lighting Domestic
1st 2nd and 3rd Best Lighting Import
1st 2nd and 3rd Best Lighting Scion XB
1st 2nd and 3rd Best Lighting Scion TC
1st and 2nd Best Lighting Scion XA ( only two of these showed up )

Pretty lame show, although I did like seeing a few of the Scion XB stereo setups. The orange XB had his amps mounted below the foot wells in the back seat, visible through plexiglass and lit with orange leds. I thought that was pretty neat, especially since he did it so no floor space was lost.

Joel
05-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately I showed during the daytime. It was such a joke. The judges spent a lot of time on each car, but they had no clue what they were looking at. O well. Did i talk to you Rick? I had the white Civic with alot of boost, if so, I wish I could have talked more, that ws7 looked real nice.

dr doom
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Scion show.......gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

TURTLE
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
i just had to laugh... a car show where the only classes are for lighting... lol

ricksws7
05-23-2006, 05:59 PM
joel I did see you and your car. Did not talk muchbut nice civic, SEE you at a better show and we can talk some more. Rick

Holeshot
05-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Get this. I know a Salesmen that works for Jacobs. There were two drag Toyotas that were trailered in. Drag shoots and wheelie bar's.......... Well they had one running while I was there and the other one was coming in as I was leaving. I get this e mail from Fiz the sales man I know ( He's a Goat owner)
Well Ill just post it ...............

Toyota drag car accident!!!
Holeshot you will not believe this ****! One of the drag cars (the red Toyota Starlet) rolled 40 feet backwards and plowed into a brand new $40,000 Toyota Sienna.
Aparently the owner of the car tried starting the car while he was kneeling just outside of it (like he was just reaching in to start it) and did not know the car was in REVERSE! The car shot backward like a rocket and people were tring to stop it but couldn't. Then WHAMMY! Right into the side of a silver Sienna. All of this happened right after you left. An estimate was made by our body shop guy and he says its looking like $1000 damage.

All I have to say is http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/ls1gtotiger/dipshit.gifhttp://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/ls1gtotiger/mcown.gif
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/ls1gtotiger/crucified.gifhttp://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/ls1gtotiger/5dead.gif

Al
05-24-2006, 12:46 AM
A toaster show?!? How can that be cool? Especially the lighting aspect.

I mean, it is kinda cool to look at the coils in my toaster go orange while heating up a bagel or bunny bread, but the real excitement is when the thing pops. Do those scion/toaster things pop too? Do honies come out of the sun roof with overkilled artificial tans?

TURTLE
05-24-2006, 11:03 AM
^^^

OMFG LOL!!!!! das funny...

pOrk
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM
i just had to laugh... a car show where the only classes are for lighting... lol

Apparently you cant read, I said the NIGHT show. They had a show earlier in the day as well.

Its a shame that people dont understand others dont have the same interests. Thats like me saying Dodge Peons are GAY. Well, they are, but I am not gonna run around talking about it constantly because I do not agree with your opinion. Some idiots never learn.

TURTLE
05-24-2006, 11:27 AM
scuse me for understanding differently before i showed up...

and opinions are opnions, and people do different things with cars, i understand that...

i wasn't saying anything, other than i was under the impression that they were gonna have more classes in the night show...

pardon the interruption/...

SpdRcrZ
05-25-2006, 12:30 PM
guess I'm not to sorry that I missed it...... was going to go down for the night show..... plus I have a buddy with a nice Tc...... I think he was in it, along with my other buddy with a Black Z24 with blue graphics......

oh well..... anyone got pics?

srt4eh
05-25-2006, 02:57 PM
i should've traded all my performance mods for lighting so I could win a trophy

pOrk
05-26-2006, 01:03 AM
guess I'm not to sorry that I missed it...... was going to go down for the night show..... plus I have a buddy with a nice Tc...... I think he was in it, along with my other buddy with a Black Z24 with blue graphics......

oh well..... anyone got pics?

You talkin about Nick and Sean? I think Nick got two trophys

pOrk
05-26-2006, 01:04 AM
i should've traded all my performance mods for lighting so I could win a trophy

What you should do is take your driving test again, you drive like an asshole.

nismodave
05-26-2006, 01:07 AM
What you should do is take your driving test again, you drive like an asshole.

:rolf :rolf :rolf

srt4eh
05-26-2006, 11:06 AM
do you even know me? i don't think so.

pOrk
05-26-2006, 07:28 PM
do you even know me? i don't think so.

Sure dont, but I know you have cut me off enough times for me to remember your carbonfiber decklid doesnt line up very well and your screen name is exactly what the tag on your car reads. If I'm wrong, sue me. I am pretty sure thats the only carbonfiberd out neon with those tags though :thumbsup

srt4eh
05-26-2006, 08:09 PM
cut you off? i rarely cut people off cuz I hate when it happens to me. I know I've never cut you off in your impala....and I've never seen your caddy

pOrk
05-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Not in my impala, I dont mind at all when people cut me off in that car. Hell, its their loss when my push bar rips off their rear bumper cover ( yes, its been close before ).

I remember you cutting me off twice in my blue 98+ s10 pick up, and once while I was driving my buds Jeep filled with tools

srt4eh
05-26-2006, 11:47 PM
well - I don't remember doing that and I certainly didn't do it on purpose. Sorry. I really am not an asshole driver