PDA

View Full Version : Hot Wheels sighting......

d0nut
05-19-2006, 08:09 AM
I work in Racine and it is Big Wheel Central down there. They will slap em on anything that rolls, plenty of high riding Caprices and Monte's down there.

Kind of a shame since this is a clean Malibu........

JohnnyT
05-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Bring on the flames, but I kinda like it...

d0nut
05-19-2006, 08:25 AM
I give the guy credit because it wasn't sitting as high as a lot of big wheel rides, but was still up there in person. I couldn't get a really good andgle on the shots without crossing the street and I have found people in the nieghborhood get a little strange with me when I walk around with my camera. I think they assume I am "the man" (the one who has been opressing them) when I have a camera....

Bring on the flames, but I kinda like it...

Philly-O
05-19-2006, 08:41 AM
would look even better if it was lowered about 2-3 inches.

WilliamZ
05-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Yeah not too sure about the wheels. They belong on a 1990's RWD Fleetwood. The car looks nice though..

JohnnyT
05-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah not too sure about the wheels. They belong on a 1990's RWD Fleetwood. The car looks nice though..

I'll go along with that... Or even better, a '67 Coupe DeVille! :thumbsup

wikked
05-19-2006, 09:16 AM
How do these people afford to restore cars?
Obviously with the choice of rimz it's not an older guy.

All that comes to mind is suburban thugggg boy with rich parents... or drug money :rolleyes:

</hate>

pOrk
05-19-2006, 10:15 AM
How do these people afford to restore cars?
Obviously with the choice of rimz it's not an older guy.

All that comes to mind is suburban thugggg boy with rich parents... or drug money :rolleyes:

</hate>

Dude, its racine. Youngs people, old people, black people, white people, they have their own style. Has nothing to do with age mate, its culture. Obviously you havent seen the Custom Car special on Discovery Channel :rolf

I'd bag the **** out of that car, would look 10 times better

Yooformula
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Could use a lowering but at least its not sitting a junkyard rotting away...someone is enjoying it and putting money into to maintain the SAME hobby. It may not be your preference but then again your car doesnt appeal to everyone either. A caddy riding on those wheels with bags would look tits but the Bu looks "aiight" .;) :shades

73Dustr
05-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Car looks great, but I'm not a huge fan of the older cars sitting high on huge rims. That's just my opinion. Like Pork and Yoo said, people have their own style. Some guys will throw all their money into custom interior, bags, etc. while others will throw all the cash into the engine, tranny, etc. Like Yoo said, at least that Malibu isn't rotting away. Just my two cents.

PB86MCSS
05-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Good points, as long as these cars are being well kept and taken care of...wheels aren't that important really. Now once you get to 24"-26" wheels thats kinda nasty, IMO. Whatever floats your boat though, I doubt the trend will last forever regarding the 4x4 look. The car plus its pricier wheels is still probably cheaper than most new cars, one advantage to having an *old car* :).

Yooformula
05-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree with the 24-26s though....NASTY and I dont care what they go on, they are still NASTY! Of course thats just my opinion.

JohnnyT
05-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I saw an LT1 Camaro the other day in Tosa that had chameleon paint and had to be on 26" gold wires... This car was SO high, it was comical. :rolf

zerepdivad
05-19-2006, 06:22 PM
I honestly that car looks really nice. there's definately worse. i'm a big fan of big rims on big old cars any bigger than the ones on that car are too big though.

Lash
05-19-2006, 06:29 PM
That car really dosent look that bad.

Burgandy85SS
05-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I saw an LT1 Camaro the other day in Tosa that had chameleon paint and had to be on 26" gold wires... This car was SO high, it was comical. :rolf
I see that car all the time across from the VA hospital 48th-ish and National.
Im not sure what he was thinking with that one.

BlownMe
05-21-2006, 06:20 PM
I dig the Malibu! That car was done tastefully. There are a bunch of other cars around here that look much worse than that and deserve MUCH more ridicule. I've seen the LT1 Z28 that gramps mentioned and that one deserves to be clowned!