PDA

View Full Version : DaVinci Code anyone? reviews?

Yooformula
05-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Anyone see it yet? I gotta know if its worth watching or not. Suspense is killing me:wow

deciuss
05-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I thought it was not out until the 19th? my girlfriend is reading the book right now and a few of my coworkers are also reading the book before seeing the movie and they all have said the book is amazing.

The other thing is they have all said the book is obviously fiction and is just a good story, so I have no clue also why all the very religious people are up in arms about it.

nismodave
05-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Im looking forward to X men 3........I have no desire to see anything with Hanks.

Want_Notch
05-13-2006, 09:55 AM
The book was great.....the movie isn't out until the 19th

Want_Notch
05-13-2006, 09:55 AM
oops dp

deciuss
05-13-2006, 09:57 AM
x men 3 does look good also. whats wrong with tom hanks though? i know people dont like tom cruze due to hes a nut but i have never heard of any thing against tom hanks.

SlowStee
05-13-2006, 11:14 AM
In the end, Dan Brown has penned a poorly written, atrociously researched mess. So, why bother with such a close reading of a worthless novel? The answer is simple: The Da Vinci Code takes esoterica mainstream. It may well do for Gnosticism what The Mists of Avalon did for paganism — gain it popular acceptance. After all, how many lay readers will see the blazing inaccuracies put forward as buried truths?

What's more, in making phony claims of scholarship, Brown's book infects readers with a virulent hostility toward Catholicism. Dozens of occult history books, conveniently cross-linked by Amazon.com, are following in its wake. And booksellers' shelves now bulge with falsehoods few would be buying without The Da Vinci Code connection. While Brown's assault on the Catholic Church may be a backhanded compliment, it's one we would have happily done without.

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/persecution/pch0058.html

http://www.curledup.com/davinci.htm

Movie doesnt sound the least bit interesting ;)

Yooformula
05-13-2006, 01:30 PM
I thought it came out this friday...oh well.

J, I didnt ask for a religous review of the movie, in case you didnt notice already I could give a rat's a$$ less what the church says about it so keep this s h i t out of my thread. I asked about the movie not religous views.;) :rolleyes:

I agree about Tom Hanks though, I was not thrilled to hear he had the lead. I read the book and loved it so I am excited to see the movie regardless.

SlowStee
05-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I thought it came out this friday...oh well.

J, I didnt ask for a religous review of the movie, in case you didnt notice already I could give a rat's a$$ less what the church says about it so keep this s h i t out of my thread. I asked about the movie not religous views.;) :rolleyes:

I agree about Tom Hanks though, I was not thrilled to hear he had the lead. I read the book and loved it so I am excited to see the movie regardless.
The WHOLE basis of the movie is religion

:confused

interesting..

Yooformula
05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Its a movie. I want to enjoy it, not debate it.

nismodave
05-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Its a movie. I want to enjoy it, not debate it.

Good Point.....Its fiction.

silk
05-14-2006, 07:50 PM
The book was good:thumbsup

Cleveland Dave
05-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Im looking forward to X men 3........I have no desire to see anything with Hanks.

^^^ couldnt agree more

Moparjim
05-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, I saw it last night. It was alright, not great, not as bad as the reviews its been getting. if your a fan of the book its worth seeing.

Yes, key points people seem to forget are that it is FICTION lol. It's no more serious than say National Treasure or whatever. Sure its loosely based on historical tidbits here and there but yeah FICTION.

On a side note, I think I pissed the uptight Christians next to me off a little when at the point they reveal that the hot little French chick just happens to be the last scion I leaned over and said to my wife:

"now I would DEFINITELY hit it"

MUWHAHAHAHA

VroomPshhTsi
05-20-2006, 09:50 PM
"now I would DEFINITELY hit it"

exactly what i was thinking....

yea i saw it thursday night and friday night.... it's an OK movie i didn't read the book but yea tom hanks ruined it a bit, kinda sick of him....