PDA

View Full Version : Culver's Carshow on Howell and Drexel, starting Thursday May 18th

Firefighter Z
05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Culver's on Howell and Drexel in Oak Creek is starting their Carshows for every Thursday starting on May 18th. I think it starts at 5- 5:30pm.

It says its for Classic cars but I've brought my car there.

Car owners get a free ice cream and there will be a DJ there also

Jess and I plan on attending as much as we can.

Holeshot
05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Culver's on Howell and Drexel in Oak Creek is starting their Carshows for every Thursday starting on May 18th. I think it starts at 5- 5:30pm.

It says its for Classic cars but I've brought my car there.

Car owners get a free ice cream and there will be a DJ there also

Jess and I plan on attending as much as we can.

They do the same thing on Hwy 100 & Forest Home. Thats on Tuesdays

Firefighter Z
05-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Whos going tomarrow?

97PontiacW68
05-18-2006, 01:58 PM
im gonna try to stop by grab a bite to eat check out some cars during my break we'll see

97PontiacW68
05-18-2006, 06:50 PM
not a bad turn out.. the fart cans on the bat mobile have go to go though..

srt4eh
05-18-2006, 08:50 PM
i missed it tonite.....perhaps I'll check it out next week

Firefighter Z
05-19-2006, 10:00 AM
There was a decent turn out for how cool the weather was, alot more than last year btw...
Now all they need to do is block the other half of the parking lot off. Dont know why they didnt do it to begin with.

ProjectCamaro
06-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Who's going tonight?

Firefighter Z
06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Jess and I will be there but if its raining then no.

ProjectCamaro
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
How long does the show last? I'm finishing up waxing my car and was wondering if it will still be going on when I get a chance to head out.

davidrab
06-01-2006, 06:59 PM
My brothers usually over there with his TurboT (his wife works there). I will
probably stop over one of these days(when I'm in town:( ).

Dave

ProjectCamaro
06-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I went over there but there litterally wasn't a single parking spot left so I said screw it and drove home. I wasn't going to park at a different place down the street and then walk back.

Firefighter Z
06-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Heatseeker and myself and Jess were there along with Nismodave and his friend, you shoulda stopped Chad.

What pizzed me off is that the other half of the parking lot was supposed to be closed to customers and open to show cars. I heard that they want a big carshow like Culver's on HWY and Forrest Home but they dont block the other half off...
Cars were driving by and leaving cause of the small space that was allowed, I wouldn't park my car on the side of the driveway either.

So how the h3ll you going to have a big carshow then?

ProjectCamaro
06-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Heatseeker and myself and Jess were there along with Nismodave and his friend, you shoulda stopped Chad.

What pizzed me off is that the other half of the parking lot was supposed to be closed to customers and open to show cars. I heard that they want a big carshow like Culver's on HWY and Forrest Home but they dont block the other half off...
Cars were driving by and leaving cause of the small space that was allowed, I wouldn't park my car on the side of the driveway either.

So how the h3ll you going to have a big carshow then?

I came in and drove through the parking lot. When I realized there was no where to park I decided there was no point and left.

Plus I probably got there after you guys left(around 6:30) so there wasn't even anyone I knew there which is why I left.

I agree they need a lot more parking for it.

The one on Forrest Home, is this the one just west of I94 right off HWY 100? I've been by it before and it looks to have a larger parking lot.

Firefighter Z
06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
John, myself and Jess where there till 8:30, then we hit oscars.

ProjectCamaro
06-01-2006, 11:12 PM
John, myself and Jess where there till 8:30, then we hit oscars.

Oh then I didn't see your car or you guys when I drove through the lot. Should have yelled at me or honked your horn.

Firefighter Z
06-01-2006, 11:15 PM
well, i really didnt see you, i was on the east end of the lot and there were people talking to me... Come next thursday?

ProjectCamaro
06-01-2006, 11:35 PM
well, i really didnt see you, i was on the east end of the lot and there were people talking to me... Come next thursday?

Can't next Thursday, will be in Brookfield training manager's for the new Brookfield South Panera. It goes from 8:30am until 9:00pm.

Firefighter Z
06-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Man that sucks, I wanted to take some pics of the cars together...

ProjectCamaro
06-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Man that sucks, I wanted to take some pics of the cars together...

I'll make it up to it and the Georgie Porgie show's this year.

nismodave
06-02-2006, 08:55 AM
The car looks good Josh. :thumbsup

Firefighter Z
06-02-2006, 11:53 AM
The car looks good Josh. :thumbsup

Thanks, yours is looking good to.:thumbsup

Wish I would have gotten that picture of you running to your car and back though :rolf

nismodave
06-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks, yours is looking good to.:thumbsup

Wish I would have gotten that picture of you running to your car and back though :rolf

I know, Im so gracefull.:goof

What can I say, F1 is one of many things that gets me excited.LOL:banana

Firefighter Z
06-02-2006, 12:02 PM
I thought you were making sounds of an F1 car. LOL!
Looked like you missed a gear though. ;)

Its pretty cool that you snagged those tickets at the second.

Rifleman WI
06-13-2006, 08:05 PM
I thought you were making sounds of an F1 car. LOL! Looked like you missed a gear though. ;)
Its pretty cool that you snagged those tickets at the second.

were you at the culvers car show tonight on hwy 100? if that was your car.. nice car :thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
06-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Josh and I were both there. I was 2 cars over- blocking out the C6 Z06:rolf

Mssplayboybunie
06-13-2006, 08:59 PM
LOL Talk about a fu<king cry baby... I was waiting for his mom to come over and yell at you John. :rolf:
Soon as that Ford left John that Z06 parked his car between us and no more than 5 minutes later he left :confused:

But Yes that was me... Thanks ;)

Firefighter Z
06-13-2006, 09:02 PM
LOL Talk about a fu<king cry baby... I was waiting for his mom to come over and yell at you John. :rolf How old was he like 60?
Soon as that Ford left John that Z06 parked his car between us and no more than 5 minutes later he left :confused

But Yes that was me... Thanks ;)

PS. Damn I did it again, well at least I'm getting Jess's post count up

Rifleman WI
06-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Josh and I were both there. I was 2 cars over- blocking out the C6 Z06:rolf
i saw that too.. nice also.. i had my mustang there but i parked it way away by the vaccumes.. its not show worthy yet:(

Firefighter Z
06-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Well come hit the Culvers show on Thursday in O.C. ... I think we can get you in ;)

Rifleman WI
06-14-2006, 06:36 AM
ill have to see what im doing.. what time is it and do i just show up or do i have to register or something?

EDIT: im busy tommrow, but ill have to make it up to one of them sometime this summer..

jbiscuit
06-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Well come hit the Culvers show on Thursday in O.C. ... I think we can get you in ;)

so you guys are running this show down there now? If we were going to lets say, stop in, we'd have to talk with you first then right to see if we would be allowed into the lot?:confused

Firefighter Z
06-14-2006, 04:11 PM
The show starts at 5pm and ends at 9pm....

Come on out Yellow Wagon... I really wanna hear what these old timers would have to say this time cause there already upset that John and my car were there. We basically told them to deal with it.
This show is not going to be like Soild Gold in no way what so ever (Culver's Managment Agrees Also). Its going to be a tasteful show. :cough no retarded rice cough:
P.S. Come in by the D.J. both cause John, Jessica, ZDDOT and myself will be near it. Or call John to let him know your coming?!?

Heat Seeker WS6
06-14-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm not running it or anything- just hanging out at the DJ booth sucking down my sodas with friends. I've only been there twice now but ended up directing a few cars around last week. Josh- how exactly did we get 'lot control'? Not complaining or anything, just think its kind of funny.

Rifleman- don't sweat it- mine is faaaar from show ready and I park it wherever and get next to no flak.

Firefighter Z
06-14-2006, 10:34 PM
I dont know, it just fell into our lap... I guess its because we've been advertising it everywhere and they gave us the the responsiblity of directing the newer cars into the lot, in which I have no problem with...

We'll try to make it to every show possible, but when the baby is born 99% of the time we won't be there. So we're soaking this up right now.

jbiscuit
06-15-2006, 07:43 AM
alright so if we call JOhn in advance, that gets us "in"? This is starting to sound like an exclusive club. If you aren't on the VIP list, you aren't getting in :durr

Heat Seeker WS6
06-15-2006, 09:52 AM
alright so if we call JOhn in advance, that gets us "in"? This is starting to sound like an exclusive club. If you aren't on the VIP list, you aren't getting in :durr

Not at all, and calling me won't really do much for anyone no matter what the car. Directing traffic is one thing but running the show and dictating who shows/does what is another. This show- like Pistol Petes & the Tues Culvers lets newer cars in too. I wont be there until about 7.

97z2801ss
06-15-2006, 11:14 AM
get off of work at 530 tonite.... mmm might be up for it

JohnnyT
06-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Now that Keith installed all my rice parts for me, maybe I'll stop up next week and see if I can get in...

srt4eh
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
i'll take my gutted jetta and see if they let me in....lol

jbiscuit
06-15-2006, 02:27 PM
are they taking reservations for the show next week? I have like 5-6 hondas lined up, a body kitted Cavalier, a super nice Accord auto with air ride and a Ford Ranger with dual whips, light bar, KC lights, running boards and dual exhaust

Heat Seeker WS6
06-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I hear "primer night" is coming up soon.

"I like mine with no shine"- to quote Pork

Holeshot
06-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Whos going down tonight?

loudrsls1
06-15-2006, 05:07 PM
ill be there in the tird gen slo rs.

Firefighter Z
06-15-2006, 11:07 PM
4 LT1's and 2 LS1's not a bad showing, we need more!.... Yenko4me was there(you should of came over by the DJ)

The Trike drag racing was awsome till I broke at the finish line which I still won by coasting which ended the whole drag racing event. (Track temp 91*degrees, couldn't hook for nothing, need wet box)

John on the other hand, well lets just say nothing about that LOL! :cough circles cough: torque steer cough:

And yes we do have pictures.

P.s. Yes the typical older people were complaining about us, but who cares.

Firefighter Z
06-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Here are some pictures...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/WhiteThunderZ28/100_0268.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/WhiteThunderZ28/100_0270.jpg

loudrsls1
06-16-2006, 01:05 AM
project trike. john and i have something for everyone. we'l have it ready for next week. project trike... heat seeker II

fireguyrick
06-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Running errands this evening I happened to pass by in the STi. I would have stopped by, but figured my loud ricer car would stand out to much in that crowd.

Rick

Heat Seeker WS6
06-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Picking up the trike and running with it after tiping over and busting my **** as the seat collapses and handle bars fall forward because of all that torque unleashed at the launch!! :3gears: damn- I just can't keep shiny side up!

Oh yeah, next week will be brutal for anyone that wants a pice of primer claded mobile!

That was alot of fun. Great idea Todd!:banana :

JohnnyT
06-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Running errands this evening I happened to pass by in the STi. I would have stopped by, but figured my loud ricer car would stand out to much in that crowd.

Rick

Come by next week Rick. J and I have our ricer car club going. It will be the first show the GVR4 will be in after the body kit is complete!

jbiscuit
06-16-2006, 07:38 AM
yep this is true. I was handing out flyers to some pretty cool guys at Omega the other night and there were some kids that said their brother has a really cool Honda that will beat anyone so I told them to come along also.

Firefighter Z
06-16-2006, 12:09 PM
We have to give a big thanks to Holeshot, for being the Tech Department there.
Without him there wouldn't have been anymore races.

Rifleman WI
06-19-2006, 04:22 AM
hey, im most likely going to be there on this thursday, you should save me a spot next to you guys... what time should i get there and do i have to register or anything? thanks..

Holeshot
06-19-2006, 09:11 AM
We dont get to park with the classic ( thank god they hate us) So we park behind Todd's DJ stand in the driveway. Last week was pretty fun.

Firefighter Z
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah at least were smart enough to sit in the shade. Memories Car Club just loves us ha ha ha, but there gonna have to deal with it.

If there is no more parking ,people are just going have to park onthe grass.

I show up at 5 to help setup. If you want Rifleman you can park your car behind mine... Last week we had a sweet ass caravan to Oscars, man that Airport tunnel gets loud as a mofo.

Rifleman WI
06-20-2006, 02:58 AM
ok, ill show up around 5 and keep an eye out for your car, i gotta work later that night so no oscars for me :(

jbiscuit
06-20-2006, 07:26 AM
are you going to section off an area for all the imports?

juicedimpss
06-20-2006, 08:39 AM
are you going to section off an area for all the imports?
yeah,there is a special parking lot across the street
lol j/k

jbiscuit
06-20-2006, 08:47 AM
ha ha ha ha......they stick them in the handicapped lot, ha ha ha

DirtyMax
06-20-2006, 08:54 AM
yeah,there is a special parking lot across the street
lol j/k

:thumbsup

Yeah, tell some of the more gullible looking ones to go park the Honduhs over at Deplhi. Tell them that's the lot that they have the drifting competitions in at 10:00 pm. :goof

juicedimpss
06-20-2006, 08:57 AM
:thumbsup

Yeah, tell some of the more gullible looking ones to go park the Honduhs over at Deplhi. Tell them that's the lot that they have the drifting competitions in at 10:00 pm. :goof
they start the drifting early on thursdays:banana

I can remember when the delco corvette club used to run a small road coarse in the big lot.

Firefighter Z
06-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Ohh gees I forgot the F&F A Joke To Drift came out...
Theres alot of parking at Delphi, especially on the west side of the lot, near the tracks. ;)

Mssplayboybunie
06-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Last weeks car show was awesome, lots of excitement and new faces :) hope to keep it going with the newer cars, if you like cars you should like all years not just the early 20's through 60's so hopefully the older crowd will stop with the complaints and just sit back and enjoy the crowd of cars and people attending. This week if you show your car you get a free Turtle sundae I believe :thumbsup well worth stopping by!

jbiscuit
06-20-2006, 02:46 PM
GVR4Johnny and I will be there with bells on with our "worthy of the train tracks" autos.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Can they park ON the tracks?? :banana

jbiscuit
06-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Only if Josh says its OK

Heat Seeker WS6
06-20-2006, 02:59 PM
I was gonna pull a fast one on him and have counterfiet hall & bathroom passes made up.:goof

Firefighter Z
06-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm not the one to make the decison if who parks, its up to the D.J. and Culver's... They tell you no well I cant help it... I aint gonna have this B.S. in people think I run the damn thing and blame me cause they cant get in.

So now you can stop acting/ saying that I run it, John and I both don't run the CarShow. We encourage people to go but if you can't get in is not my say.

jbiscuit
06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
my bad. Thought you guys had some pull around there or something

Firefighter Z
06-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah we don't, we just relay the message to the driver coming in.
Only 2 people that have pull is Culver's and ZDDOT.

But anyways, I'm going to be welding up the TRIKES so that they don't fall apart. Johns gonna bring his helmet just incase he does a face plant on the asphalt... LOL!

Heat Seeker WS6
06-20-2006, 03:52 PM
However, I will continue to encourage "on track" parking as there's plenty of space availabe!:durr

Josh- there's been a delay on project Mini Heat Seeker- next week hopefully it'll be unleashed on ya'all biatches!!! :banana :devil