PDA

View Full Version : Good campgrounds?

wikked
05-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Any reccomendations for a nice campground that's somewhat cheap?
Doesn't have to be in the Milwaukee area either.

Cleveland Dave
05-10-2006, 08:02 AM
governor dodge state park in dodgeville, wi
mirror lake , wisconsin dells
devils lake, baraboo

buckhorn state park north of mauston...

check out reserveamerica.com

jbiscuit
05-10-2006, 08:06 AM
+1 for governor dodge.

devils lake is overrated if you ask me. Go there if you like a bazillion kids around at ALL times.

Peninsula State Park is gorgeous also

DirtyMax
05-10-2006, 08:11 AM
We own permanent vacation property in a resort just outside of Watertown. They also have standard camp "tent" sites too that they rent by the weekend. It's not real "rugged and woodsy" per say but it does have a pretty decent waterpark! It's like $30 for the weekend and includes access to the waterpark as well.

www.rbresort.com

wikked
05-10-2006, 09:12 AM
ahh... I'm asking for a guy at work.
He wants to go during Memorial day weekend, and doesn't want to go where it's going to be really crowded.
I told him good luck :)

jbiscuit
05-10-2006, 09:14 AM
good luck finding something. I normally book way back in January

deciuss
05-10-2006, 09:17 AM
i dont remeber the price but there are a bunch of different type of camping arias at penicula state park, plus fish creak is right there to go shoping, swiming, or out to eat. the only problem is the past few years that whole aria has gotten really crouded with vacatoners.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/specific/peninsula/

I don’t remember the price but there is a bunch of different type of camping arias at peninsula state park, plus fish creak is right there to go shopping, swimming, or out to eat. The only problem is the past few years that whole aria has gotten really crowded with vacationers in the city.

There are a lot of fun bike trails, walking trails, fishing, and boating, there are a few islands you can even boat to. Another fun thing to do is there are a few grave yards that are very overgrown and are on the map, but walking the trails we have found 2 unmarked graveyards so that’s always fun to go to at night.

I forgot to mention that there is a lot of camping either directly on the lake or very close to it, in fact some camping spots we just tie our boat up to a tree ect right on the sight.
i forgot to say that there

DCDZ28
05-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Kohler Andre State park in Sheboygan.

Pantera99GS
05-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Copper Falls is gorgeous.

I plan on camping at Newport park in Door County this summer. Peninsula is also very beautiful- but usually kinda crowded.

Nix
05-10-2006, 10:27 AM
High Cliff state park on lake Winnabgo. Ive been there many times its pretty damn nice if you dont mind the 2 hour drive.

fireguyrick
05-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Sandy Beach State Camp Ground, not a reservable camp ground so it is first come first serve.(Iron County by Mercer, North of Minoqua)

Crystal Lake (around Minoqua....though it might be busy)

Rick

DirtyMax
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
He wants to go during Memorial day weekend, and doesn't want to go where it's going to be really crowded.

If that's the case, he better set that tent up in his back yard.... :(