PDA

View Full Version : One Lap of America at RA on Fri 5/12

nismodave
05-09-2006, 08:16 PM
The one lap of America is coming through Elkhart Lake. They will be doing time trials in the morning and afternoon. My father and I will be going to watch, and a few other car buddies.

The Event is free and starts at 8am.

I have off this week. Anyone else want to Caravan up??:headbang

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/

http://www.roadamerica.com/2006/index.htm

turbogarrett
05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
I may be interested, that would be cool to see. I know this guyhttp://onelap06.myrx7.com/, hopefully the 13b will last the trip. Most people on here don't care about anything outside of oscars, hwy 100 and gld:D

nismodave
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Most people on here don't care about anything outside of oscars, hwy 100 and gld:D

Truer words never spoken.

PM me and let me know if you want to go.

LIL EVO
05-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I might be interested in going.

Todd Z
05-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Dave,
See you there on Friday. I have a few buddies rinning in it. The RX7 is Damian.
Todd Z

Berettaspeed
05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
can you drive your car on there?? free? i wanna go one of these dyas but its expensive otherwise.

Todd Z
05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
No, The cheapest way to drive RA is touring usually at one of the big events. Normally $75.00 for a half hour. No real speed maybe 120MPH. The best way is with a club event ( MFBA, Porsche club, Badger Bimmers, etc. ). Check the website at www.roadamerica.com. My best is 2:34 with top speed of 153 coming into 1 or 12. 2004 ZO6 stock with slicks.

nismodave
05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
can you drive your car on there?? free?

No.......Unless you are competeing in the One Lap of America.:rolleyes:

Todd Z
05-09-2006, 10:13 PM
real speed is constant and thru turns.

nismodave
05-09-2006, 10:15 PM
real speed is constant and thru turns.

What??:confused

Todd Z
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
with touring you HAVE to go very slow thru turns because they allow 150 plus cars on the track and traffic piles up in corners. So by real speed I mean you carry it constantly to the limits of your car around the track. Dave you of all people should know what I'm talking about..

nismodave
05-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I understood what it meant, I just did not see how it connected to your last post, until I re-read it.

Flicktitty
05-09-2006, 11:16 PM
sound's like alot of fun....i wanna go.........

Al
05-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Most people on here don't care about anything outside of oscars, hwy 100 and gld:D

You mean: "the people whose car is designed to go in a straight line"

Would be fun to put my integra on there. If 120 is the speed limit, I do not think I will have any problems other than the back straight, that is, if I can get the car to go that fast. Time to put the azinis back on.

SRT4ME
05-10-2006, 05:44 AM
Next year can't get here fast enough. :(

turbogarrett
05-10-2006, 06:28 AM
No, The cheapest way to drive RA is touring usually at one of the big events. Normally $75.00 for a half hour. No real speed maybe 120MPH. The best way is with a club event ( MFBA, Porsche club, Badger Bimmers, etc. ). Check the website at www.roadamerica.com. My best is 2:34 with top speed of 153 coming into 1 or 12. 2004 ZO6 stock with slicks.

Damn, that's a great lap time:stare I got into the high 2:4x's last time on street tires-my driving has a ways to go.

Flicktitty
05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Next year can't get here fast enough. :(
off topic - i just saw your options on your white acr srt4 and you have the same options as one of my buddies he said they only made like 100 of them in that color with those options...kind of odd to see 2 around here.
back on topic - Who ever does go better take some good pics/vids

TURTLE
05-11-2006, 02:59 PM
i'll be up there for shizzle... look for the silver/black 02 neon.. i know 2 teams running so i'll be there... when's everyone heading up?

Heat Seeker WS6
05-11-2006, 03:03 PM
If I can break away from work I'll head up there too.

nismodave
05-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Its probobly ging to rain......Doubt I will go.

Im not going to sit in the cold and Rain.....even if it is free.

Heat Seeker WS6
05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Those who have attended the MFBA/Speed Seekers event at Road America may recognize these names as past and present participants running in the One Lap...
Ronald Adee, Scott Ahlgrim, Rudy Arias and George Bruggenthies (GM of Road America)

CruxGNZ
05-11-2006, 05:28 PM
I will be at a wedding rehersal only 20 minutes from Road America tommorow. I would love to see Bob Murray and Eric Van Oosten in thier V-8 powered Datsun 280Z and show some support! Will they still run in the rain? I wonder what time these guys will hit the track.

http://www.lake-effect-racing.com/onelap/2006/day04/images/onelap2006%20noproblem0225.jpg

TURTLE
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
they're road racer's.. they're gonna run... lol

turbogarrett
05-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Saw a couple contestants traveling north on 43 in the lake geneva area today. I'd love to check it out, but not in this weather!

SRT4ME
05-14-2006, 01:16 PM
off topic - i just saw your options on your white acr srt4 and you have the same options as one of my buddies he said they only made like 100 of them in that color with those options...kind of odd to see 2 around here.
back on topic - Who ever does go better take some good pics/vids

Yeah, it's pretty rare. The ACR was only offered in the second half of the '05 model year, and the final build #'s from Dodge were 1,175 built, 306 in white. The only options (besides color) were, #1 the side airbags, which replaced the Viper seats w/regular seats:punch: , #2 Sunroof, and #3 Kicker trunk subwoofer.

I had to have mine shipped from an Oklahoma Dodge dealership, because I wouldn't settle for anything less than NONE of these options on my car.

And I've actually been told from various dealer sources that the # of white ACR's without any of these options is less than 100, mostly due to stupid sales managers putting in their allotted 1 or 2 ACR orders right away before they had any buyers, and stupidly building them w/ sunroof, kicker sound system, and even the side air bags just to jack up the price and somehow hopefully make more of a profit. :flipoff2: Hence how I found dozens sitting on WI, IL, and MN dealer lots when I was searching, yet not one w/o the extra shiet.
How would that even work anyways? Stupid dealers.

EDIT: What's your buddy's name BTW?

nismodave
05-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah, it's pretty rare. The ACR was only offered in the second half of the '05 model year, and the final build #'s from Dodge were 1,175 built, 306 in white. The only options (besides color) were, #1 the side airbags, which replaced the Viper seats w/regular seats:punch: , #2 Sunroof, and #3 Kicker trunk subwoofer.

I had to have mine shipped from an Oklahoma Dodge dealership, because I wouldn't settle for anything less than NONE of these options on my car.

And I've actually been told from various dealer sources that the # of white ACR's without any of these options is less than 100, mostly due to stupid sales managers putting in their allotted 1 or 2 ACR orders right away before they had any buyers, and stupidly building them w/ sunroof, kicker sound system, and even the side air bags just to jack up the price and somehow hopefully make more of a profit. :flipoff2: Hence how I found dozens sitting on WI, IL, and MN dealer lots when I was searching, yet not one w/o the extra shiet.

Whats up man??? You back from the desert yet??

Flicktitty
05-14-2006, 05:19 PM

Jimmy Durkin, he isn't on here but he is on SRTforums. his name is 18psiacr i believe?

silk
05-14-2006, 07:38 PM
I was part of the evo group that went up. There was about 9 of us total:headbang

SRT4ME
05-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Whats up man??? You back from the desert yet??

Nope, I wish. Got about 6 more months left. :punch:
And what's this "I have four wins at RA" stuff you wrote in another thread?" :stare Time trials? or what?

TURTLE
05-15-2006, 07:45 AM
went up... with the silver/black neon... to watch another silver/black neon.... lol

rained off and on for some of the day, was some danged good racing though... i'll post up pics tonight... they had racing mini-vans!!!! lol

Nick
05-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Great Britain in July.

nismodave
05-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Nope, I wish. Got about 6 more months left. :punch:
And what's this "I have four wins at RA" stuff you wrote in another thread?" :stare Time trials? or what?

No.....In this..

http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/3708-1/Car102+no+number.jpg

SRT4ME
05-16-2006, 11:22 AM
DAMNNNN! That must be a blast at RA. I bet you're sore as hell afterwards, though. Is it wheel-to-wheel racing? How many laps usually?

fly5150
05-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Jaaaaaaaasssssssssoooooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Heat Seeker WS6
05-16-2006, 12:55 PM

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/7430/jason5vx.th.png (http://img313.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jason5vx.png)

Hey hows it going over there?

SRT4ME
05-21-2006, 06:55 AM

Hey hows it going over there?

DAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :banana1:
What's going on? What's been up with the car Dave, did you snap an axle or three? :rolf I tried reading up on SRTforums, but never can get caught up. Damn postwhores! :goof

How's the WS6 running John??? Get her painted yet?
It's been alright over here so far. My unit's lucky and has been out of harms way for the first 6 months, and hopefully it'll stay that way. It's getting hot, though, like 100-110 degrees this month, and its supposed to be as bad as 120-130 for the next 3 or 4 months. :mad: So we'll be cooking then!
I can't get too specific due to OPSEC, but it looks like we have at least 5 months left. I'm hoping to get home in time for Haloween or even the weekend of Oct 21-22 to do a RA time trial event with the ACR, but it's looking more and more like Thanksgiving. :(
At least we're safe though, and halfway home. And I'll have the car paid off and have mod $$ in the bank. Hmmm... I could use another set of BBS racing wheels and some sticky Hoosiers. :headbang

Heat Seeker WS6
05-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Make up for missing this year by getting yourself an RA superpass for '07! Good to hear its going well for you over there.

How's the WS6 running John??? Get her painted yet?

The car got hit in the passenger rear fender last Oct and then... the next day (go figure) while driving through Holy Hill, it decided to leave the tranny behind.
So-- Just got done spending alot of $$ of a very built trans, but with now needing a new fender I'm going to have all bodywork and paint done in one shot. Maybe next year It'll be all red.

Flicktitty
05-21-2006, 11:24 AM
SRT4ME - Have fun cooking this summer that sucks! Come back soon man! is your car here or out there with you?

y2kws6
05-21-2006, 11:36 AM
SRT4ME depending on where you are the 110 will feel nice. When I was there last year 110 was at night and it got over 150 by Noon.

Best to ya and stay safe.
Dan Kuehn
USAF Reserve