PDA

View Full Version : G-Body door window adjustments

PB86MCSS
05-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Anyone on here an expert or know someone in the area who is a master at adjusting these windows to seal up tight? I don't mind putzing but I've given a few attempts to get the windows on my SS to seal tight without any luck. Doors don't sag and it has new GM seals but no matter how I adjust theres always gaps somewhere when the windows are up. :chair:

86GUTLASS
05-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Good luck!!!! Those are a biatch.I replaced my drivers side like 3 years ago and i have pretty much given up on getting them to seal perfectly.Last time I meesed with it I got really pissed off.seemed like if I made one adjustment it would throw it off in another place.I still need to do my passenger side someday.:fire

84hurst
05-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Same problem, my DS window has leaked near the front of the car ever since I bought the car 4 yrs ago. I too have tried adjusting it w/ no luck. Maybe let the dealer f*ck w/ it?:thumbsup

PB86MCSS
05-07-2006, 02:17 PM
I went ahead and adjusted mine some more today, with decent results. Not air tight but thats pretty much impossible on a frame less window, IMO unless you spend a full weekend maybe ;). I just have minor wind leakage at the front bottoms and rear tops, inserting some foam between the car and seal helps close the gap too and isn't noticeable. Probably as good as they can be without a complete overhaul of the door internals. :rolleyes: :goof

GinoRin
05-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Paul,
There is a book out there that Pete Serio and Dennis Kirban wrote with anally detailed instructions on how to adjust the windows and doors. Its a ton of work but you can get them damn near perfect. Let me see if I can find the book and get you the info, otherwise I think kirban's performance sells them.

Rocket Power
05-07-2006, 05:29 PM
You should get a wagon, then you'd have a window frame;) :goof
That always irritated me in Angies 442 also, there was just one little spot.

TPI Maliblu
05-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Wagons Rule!

PB86MCSS
05-24-2006, 04:33 PM
:D :goof