PDA

View Full Version : Belt Drive Turbo!! WTF!!

SloFarmTruck
05-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Well it finally happened. dont know if anyone has seen this yet so hear goes..
Funny since Some of us new a guy that was trying this exact thing with a diesl turbo!! Never happend bwahah!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8058965268&ssPageName=MERC_BC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_W0_IT

Nix
05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
It was only a matter of time... I wonder how efficent it really is?:confused

jbiscuit
05-04-2006, 12:35 PM
that sucks.

Myles
05-04-2006, 12:54 PM
soo... its really a supercharger?.. cause... well.. i dont know what you would call it... cause its belt driven, but uses the intake side of a turbo...

TURTLE
05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
i can't imagine how fast that would actually have to spin to make boost...

most centrifical(sp?) superchargers use a gear drive, right? the concept is cool, but kinda cheaply executed..

FourEyedFord
05-04-2006, 03:06 PM
All centrifugals have step up ratios in their transmissions, sometimes more than 4:1. There is also the step up from the crank pulley/blower pulley combo. I could not imagine being able to spin that thing fast enough to make a respectable amount of boost, even with the step up of the alternator pulley.

Chris, I can't believe "you know who" did not get that to work. :rolf

PureSound15
05-04-2006, 04:01 PM
"BY USING THE STEP-UP RATIO OF THE ALTERNATOR PULLEY, COMBINED WITH A SECOND PULLEY MOUNTED AT THE REAR OF THE ALTERNATOR, THE HIGH IMPELLER SPEEDS NECESSARY FOR BOOST ARE EASY TO OBTAIN. "

I'm not sure what the ratio would be, but there's the step-up.

FourEyedFord
05-04-2006, 04:18 PM
"BY USING THE STEP-UP RATIO OF THE ALTERNATOR PULLEY, COMBINED WITH A SECOND PULLEY MOUNTED AT THE REAR OF THE ALTERNATOR, THE HIGH IMPELLER SPEEDS NECESSARY FOR BOOST ARE EASY TO OBTAIN. "

I'm not sure what the ratio would be, but there's the step-up.

I know the alternator pulley step-up and the pulley on the back of the alternator step-up is there, but I still don't think it would be able to spin that turbo fast enough. Just my 2 cents.

PureSound15
05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Ahh gotchya, I can't believe that it would produce 5lb of boost just off of that.

HRSEPLA
05-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Supachaja-TurboBowlshat
a close second to the BlowthruBowlshat.lol

FourEyedFord
05-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Supachaja-TurboBowlshat
a close second to the BlowthruBowlshat.lol

Hey, hey, hey now! You will see the light someday, and be able to blow the bologna skins right of the rims!!!!!! :rolf

T-Bag
05-04-2006, 05:50 PM
All centrifugals have step up ratios in their transmissions, sometimes more than 4:1. There is also the step up from the crank pulley/blower pulley combo. I could not imagine being able to spin that thing fast enough to make a respectable amount of boost, even with the step up of the alternator pulley.

Chris, I can't believe "you know who" did not get that to work. :rolf

Are we talking about a certain individual with a black cobra? I heard this story as well.....I kind of had a "What the christ?" moment when I heard it.

FourEyedFord
05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Are we talking about a certain individual with a black cobra? I heard this story as well.....I kind of had a "What the christ?" moment when I heard it.

Maybe......:D

Nickerz
05-05-2006, 03:56 AM
I would buy a tornado before I would buy that

HITMAN
05-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Wow... :rolleyes: It seems as though this jeenyus has reinvented the centrifugal supercharger. What a concept.:durr

You'd probably get more boost from an electric leaf blower...