PDA

View Full Version : We will be stuck with oil forever!

subliminal1284
05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Over the past few years, our friends at United Nuclear have been developing systems to convert your car to run on hydrogen, as well as provide the hydrogen generator so you can fuel it yourself. They are in the final stages of testing (just testing the durability of the car's engine when running solely on hydrogen). So here they are, almost ready to put this product on the market, and BOOM! Raided by the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission). The kick is, they are using completely legal materials, not even hazardous materials (which can still be legal).

Here is the excerpt from www.switch2hydrogen.com (United Nuclear's website for this product):
April 27th:
Instead of moving forward with our research, 100% of our time and money is now being spent on fighting a legal battle with the U.S. Government.
Some time ago, the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) recruited the SWAT team and other Government agencies to raid our facility confiscating all papers, plans and computers.
They are attempting to block all sales and use of the chemicals used in our Hydrogen storage system.
The materials in question are common Oxidizers and have never been illegal to own or purchase and are not even classified as hazardous materials.
They are also attempting to block all sales and ownership of oxidizer chemicals, and a wide variety of other substances that will actually make it illegal to own a chemistry set. Our scientific supply page has additional information on how the CPSC actions will relate to home experimenters & science hobbyists

WTF, indeed!
Now, we have the chairman of CPSC, who was appointed by George W. Bush... I wonder if this asshole owns oil stocks too.
Please email him and tell him how furious you are about this violation of our rights.
chairmanstratton@cpsc.gov
Also, check out the other chair members at the CPSC:
http://www.cpsc.gov/about/about.html

Here we are on the forefront of an alternative technology to burning gasoline in our cars, and they raid the company, steal their computers, plans, and papers!! This is bullshit. Please tell your friends.

edit: here is when the CPSC is trying to ban. It won't even allow a chemistry set to be bought or owned!
http://www.unitednuclear.com/legalaction.htm

Found this on a site i frequent. Let this CPSC guy have it!!!!!

Karps TA
05-02-2006, 05:23 PM
To be honest with you I don't want a hydrogen car. I think the whole hydrogen thing is a pipe dream at best, and if you think it will end up being any cheaper then gas your nuts. The DOE already has estimates that it will cost just as much.

Not too mention where is the money for an infrastructure. When gasoline powered cars were coming into existence there was no city sprawl like there is now. So adding gas stations was fairly simple. Now cities are already tapped out for land usage. Where are the hydrogen stations going to be built? How is it getting piped?

Do you know that over 70% of the hydrogen created today is done by using fossil fuels such as oil? You also need fresh water, which is something this planet is not exactly abundant in already.

The problem isn't being dependant on oil, it's being dependant on foreign oil. What needs to be done is people need to either stop saying "not in my backyard" or stop bitching about gas prices. There's oil to be found in America, we just won't let anyone go get it.

MurphysLaw88GT
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
yep, my gramdmother owns 21 oil wells in montana, cant pump a single one of em. Part of the "national reserve"

Al
05-03-2006, 02:47 AM
To be honest with you I don't want a hydrogen car. I think the whole hydrogen thing is a pipe dream at best, and if you think it will end up being any cheaper then gas your nuts. The DOE already has estimates that it will cost just as much.

Not too mention where is the money for an infrastructure. When gasoline powered cars were coming into existence there was no city sprawl like there is now. So adding gas stations was fairly simple. Now cities are already tapped out for land usage. Where are the hydrogen stations going to be built? How is it getting piped?

Add another pump, they did it for E85

Do you know that over 70% of the hydrogen created today is done by using fossil fuels such as oil? You also need fresh water, which is something this planet is not exactly abundant in already.

Solar power and salt water, it doesn't need to be freshwater. You could even use the refuse in your local sewage plant

The problem isn't being dependant on oil, it's being dependant on foreign oil. What needs to be done is people need to either stop saying "not in my backyard" or stop bitching about gas prices. There's oil to be found in America, we just won't let anyone go get it.

Al
05-03-2006, 02:58 AM
BTW- here lies the issue:

What would happen if you mixed liquid oxygen with liquid hydrogen?
There would be no immediate reaction, but add a spark and you will have one of the most powerful explosions at a molecular weight basis.

In fact, a common fear is that some wahoo will take a DC transformer, a couple of copper electrodes, water, some simple scientific instruments and a compressor with storage tank; and use them to split the H2 and O from water, yet store them together. Next, park it in front of xxxx building and make Oklahoma City look like a firecracker.

^ I figures out how this would work when I was in the 8th grade. When I was in high school, I mentioned how it worked in my CAD class and acquired a couple of nicknames pertaining to past terrorists. My interest back then was high-powered rocketry, not explosives. I was even called to the principals office 'out of suspicion.'

NOTE: Uncle sam might lurk and see this on the forum. I don't think big brother will be too concerned about it; we have no liberals or anarchists here.