PDA

View Full Version : I'm entitled to a rant (thievery inside)

PureSound15
05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Last week.. I lost first gear... 3000 miles out of warranty, $2500 for a new transmission!

Today I went to the doctor and I have a few kidney stones bringing with them enough pain for 5 men.

This afternoon... Boucher Volkswagen calls me to tell me that my car was broken into in their lot... everything was taken. Given where I work... everything I had was the very best so whoever stole is now going to have a very nice system, including touch screen nav... 5.1...:flipoff2:

To top things off.. I have finals next week!:fire

Why all of this on a college budget?

Sorry, I had to rant.. nobody is around me right now to complain to.

Oh... and boucher says they are not resposible, when my car was on their lot?

TURTLE
05-01-2006, 03:51 PM
wow, that blows dude... was it insured at all? any way to get it back through the insurance?

got a list of what was stolen so maybe we can keep a look out to see if anything comes up for sale locally?

bad luck dude, but remember that life's a rollercoaster, when you go down, there's always an up coming just down the track a little...

Pantera99GS
05-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Damn dude- that's a bad streak. That really sucks about the car!! I firmly believe that you should be able to shoot thieves on sight. You try taking something that doesn't belong to you (and it's not food to feed your family)- I should have the right to protect my property. Unfortunately you get stories like the guy in Racine who shot the robber and now is being charged for it...real nice.

97PontiacW68
05-01-2006, 04:24 PM
yeah thats why they need CCW in Wisconsin.. in FL if you shoot a "robber" if its in a form of self defense or if u believed your life was in danger you could not get charged for it.. least theyre doing something right..

Slow Joe
05-01-2006, 04:32 PM
It's a double edged sword when something happens at a dealership. What truely sucked here is when we had all the hail damage, all of the customers that had their cars in for service had to go to their own insurance companies. The other thing is that sometimes if your car gets broken into while in a fenced in area your insurance company won't cover it. I only know this becsaue one of our managers where I use to works Trail Blazers got stripped down in back, and his insurance company wouldn't cover anything, and either would theirs. It gets weird depending on the situation, thus far I've been lucky...

0TransAm0
05-01-2006, 04:54 PM
was that at the dealer on hwy 20 in racine?? hell i bet one of the workers stole the ****. id go walk the lot in a couple weeks and check out the workers cars. :)

but that really sucks man. i live down the road(if thats the one) i will keep an ear/eye out for the stuff.

PureSound15
05-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah thanks guys. On top of all of that I just found this out..

Last thursday they told me they had my trans out, it needed to be replaced but if I had them do it then, I would save myself the cost of having it taken out again. That sounded like the best deal once I called a few buddies and tranny places I have worked with through work so I said sure! They informed me that they ordered the tranny and it would be put in tomorrow (tuesday)

Today when my father went to go look at the car (I'm at school), they drove it into the shop... they never took the tranny out at all... bullshit.

PureSound15
05-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Boucher is the VW dealer right off of highway 100 just south of culvers and a block north of Hiller Ford.

It's so much worse only being able to hear about "how ripped up my ride is" by a franklin cop who called me before Boucher even did. I can't even go down and look at it myself.. then again that might make me even more mad.

People suck. Get a fvcking job and buy your own sh1t like the rest of us.

0TransAm0
05-01-2006, 05:00 PM
so it IS the one on hwy 20?

pOrk
05-01-2006, 05:03 PM
That sucks dude, was the car BROKEN into or everything just disappear? I have heard of equipment disappearing from that dealership before, three times. All three times the doors were accidently left unlocked = bullshit.

0TransAm0
05-01-2006, 05:08 PM
if it IS the one on hwy 20 i might be able to find out a little more info for you my ex works thier.......

97PontiacW68
05-01-2006, 05:09 PM
^^^ its on hwy 100 not hwy 20

PureSound15
05-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah I've started to think about the whole broken into thing. I have my viper alarm with all of the goodies and sensors and multiple sirens. I'm starting to think that it was "pssst... I left it in back, unarmed"

Who the hell looks at a dealership for cars to steal stuff out of cars at dealerships anyway? Especially since they are mostly stock?

0TransAm0
05-01-2006, 05:23 PM
^^^exactly i BET YOU that it was one of the workers. ask the dealer if they have survalence tapes most of them have cameras on the lot.too bad it was at hwy100 and not 20 otherwise i could help ya out a little more. sux that it happend tho.

Lash
05-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Sucks man. I know how you feel!

Knyghtmare
05-01-2006, 07:03 PM
That really does suck. The sad part is that it was probably one of thier own employees.

Yooformula
05-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Man, that sucks to hear this. I firmly believe that when sh!t gets stolen from dealerships that its always an inside job. Somebody tipped somebody off to what was there or mysteriously left the doors unlocked, etc... Complete crap! If you didnt sign a waiver arent they still responsible for it? Hopefully you will come back stronger from this!

Good luck on finals..

Al
05-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Was one of your windows broken?

VW's are nearly impossible to brake into for a variety of reasons:
The 'cam-key'; good luck picking that one.
Built strong; you cannot pry one of those doors open
The glass; the only way in unless unlocked.

If locked, the alarm sounds. Back when I had my 99 Jetta, the grafton fireworks set the stock alarm off when my car was nearly 1/2 miles away. It was a GL, and that alarm was easy to set off.

SUE THEM!!! Don't forget to call the BBB

There should be a private investigation into shops like this.

PureSound15
05-01-2006, 07:36 PM
There's an investigation rather than the "your car was broken into, tough sh!t, here's your report for insurance"

My window was broken, but there was no glass inside the car... so that points to my window being broken from the inside or while the door was open.

I still can't figure out how my car was outside, when it was supposed to be up on a lift with no tranny in it? After all... I was "saving money" by having them do it right then, already on the lift and all. I'm just hoping I don't get my car back with "A new tranny" when... it's the same one, and I just needed my gear selector cable ends replaced.

Thanks yoo.. I need all the help I can get in accounting :durr

LIL EVO
05-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Given where I work... everything I had was the very best so whoever stole is now going to have a very nice system, including touch screen nav... 5.1...:flipoff2:

To top things off.. I have finals next week!:fire

Why all of this on a college budget?

Sorry, I had to rant.. nobody is around me right now to complain to.

Maybe you shouldn't be using your college budget on ear candy :-P

Savings plan, down payment on a house? ;)

slow85vette
05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your stuff being jacked.

Cryptic
05-02-2006, 12:32 AM
holly horsesh!t Ryan.....
:wooo

lies lies lies. I will black flag the sh!t out of that dealership on this site if they do not do everything in their power to fix to your satisfaction.

This has to be an inside job. They lied about the tranny being out. They didn't take extra precations fully knowing the car had valuable accessories.

I'll make a special section of the frontpage of BCM for stories like these.

I had an incident with Pontiac on HWY100 telling my g/f that her wiperblade was broken when I sent her there to have it taken off to repair the wiper motor. Total bullsh!t, thats why I sent her there, so I didnt break it.

I just made up my mind. I'm doing this for sure. Good dealers will be commended for service. Bad dealers will get the bad press.

ruhlahan
05-02-2006, 12:53 AM
dude, saying thats a bad day is a complete understatement.... there is way more to the story then "sorry, your stuff is gone"

and the stones.. that just hurts thinking about it... sorry man

Poncho
05-02-2006, 01:58 AM
holly horsesh!t Ryan.....
:wooo

lies lies lies. I will black flag the sh!t out of that dealership on this site if they do not do everything in their power to fix to your satisfaction.

This has to be an inside job. They lied about the tranny being out. They didn't take extra precations fully knowing the car had valuable accessories.

I'll make a special section of the frontpage of BCM for stories like these.

I had an incident with Pontiac on HWY100 telling my g/f that her wiperblade was broken when I sent her there to have it taken off to repair the wiper motor. Total bullsh!t, thats why I sent her there, so I didnt break it.

I just made up my mind. I'm doing this for sure. Good dealers will be commended for service. Bad dealers will get the bad press.

K I'll start.

don't go to Joe's dealership for anything other than to see joe. they suck.

BlownMe
05-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Man, this is a sore spot with me. Ive had 3 stereos stolen from my Formula, once while it was in a "secure" undergorund parking lot at my old apartment building in Hales Corners. I'd almost guarantee that it was an inside job. If the dealership knew you had high end stereo equipment in your car, they know damn well that theyre supposed to take the precautions to secure your car. And on top of that, they lie to you about pulling your tranny?!! Dude, that type of sh*t pisses me off to the highest level of pistivity! I would definitely have an investigation done on the dealership and the employees there. Dont just sit back and allow yourself to get screwed by these pricks who think they can just take what doesnt belong to them and not pay the price for it.

PureSound15
05-02-2006, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I'm definatley not going to let down. I don't have the money for the transmission alone (if it weren't for the Bank of Dad giving me a loan).

My Dad is going to go meet with a lawyer again today (I'm in Green Bay yet, I havn't even been able to go down to the dealership and rant and rave, that may be a good thing though). We just need to find out if the dealership is liable or not. Of course they should be paying enough insurance to cover every car on their lot against hail, acid rain... people ganking everything out of my car.

The more and more I thought about it, everything that I had installed I had installed pretty stealthy... it takes me an hour to get my amp unhooked. Granted they just cut the wires next to where they come out (yay for having to take out a VW interior again to run wires again... 8 hours labor charged to VW there). But it still would have taken a while.

PureSound15
05-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Maybe you shouldn't be using your college budget on ear candy :-P

Savings plan, down payment on a house? ;)

:D Well my Jetta isn't fast... so I have no engine tone to enjoy, I have to have good tunes to listen to.

No better way to demo speakers then to let somebody sit in my car for a while and hear what a good system sounds like. The way I figured it out, from what I have sold because of it the system has paid for itself, and as far as taxes... they're a tool for my job :headbang

.... well, back when they were in MY car they were a help

Yooformula
05-02-2006, 09:22 AM
I gave up on stereo stuff years ago due to a break in, sadly the scars on my hand will always remind me even if I forget what kind of truck it was.

Lekan, you making up new words now..."pistivity"!?!?! What da hell????

BlownMe
05-02-2006, 08:52 PM
sadly the scars on my hand will always remind me even if I forget what kind of truck it was.

What, did you cut your hand jacking off in the truck?? Is that why there's so much sentiment? :wow :thumbsup

PureSound15
05-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Well I picked up my car today and the general manager of boucher told my father "by driving a car we all take the risk of it being broken into, I drive a car... it could get broken into." All of her other comments were just as ill-hearted and Boucher will not be covering any of the damages to my car.

What to do next? Touch Today's TMJ4! I'll let you guys know when it's on and I'm hoping it will be a cheaper way of getting them to dive into their "Garage Keepers" Insurance.

deciuss
05-05-2006, 09:20 PM
good luck i hope every thing works out for you.

Pantera99GS
05-05-2006, 09:27 PM
What a bunch of ****!

WilliamZ
05-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I have never heard of a dealership being responsible for a customer car getting broken into. It might have been a different story if it was noted to keep the vehicle inside at night on the service order.