PDA

View Full Version : F-Body Spring Cruise

DamonZ28
04-29-2006, 06:10 PM
http://springcruise.fallcruise.org/

The cruise route is finalized and posted on the cruise website (pending review by 02hawk796). Click the "Route Directions" button to view them. The route overview map, while generally accurate, is representative of the 2005 cruise route. There will likely not be maps posted for the 2006 cruise.

This year, instead of door prizes, we are going to collect donations for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Cruise participants will be encouraged to make a donation amount of their choice, and the proceeds will be donated to the local Milwaukee chapter. If you want to bring a check, please make it out directly to Make-A-Wish Foundation. We were inspired to collect donations for this charity due to a story about a local teenager who had a 3rd generation Firebird restored by the Make-A-Wish Foundation. We have invited this young man to attend the cruise, we hope to see him there.

I hope to continue to collect donations for charity for each Spring Cruise. We will continue door prizes and grab bags for the Fall Cruise.

Holeshot
04-29-2006, 06:12 PM
So is it for F bods only then?

DamonZ28
04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
So is it for F bods only then?

Yes, it is. This is to keep the number of cars at a manageable level. We've had over 55 f-bodies on a cruise before - we usually have 30-40 cars. Any more cars than that, and it just becomes impossible to keep everyone together.

TransAm12sec
04-29-2006, 10:11 PM
How long do you guys hang around Waynes for? I think it said you arrive there at 4.

nismodave
04-29-2006, 10:15 PM
How many tow trucks are following?

LOL JK....Have a good time.

DamonZ28
04-29-2006, 11:21 PM
How long do you guys hang around Waynes for? I think it said you arrive there at 4.

Last year, I think we were only there for an hour or so.

Cleveland Dave
04-30-2006, 05:00 AM
im planning on making it

BAD LS1
04-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Now that i finally silenced the 12 bolt rear end, i would like to go. Other wise that rear end would have drove me insane with the sound air plane following me for that long of a trip.

Yooformula
04-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Now that i finally silenced the 12 bolt rear end, i would like to go. Other wise that rear end would have drove me insane with the sound air plane following me for that long of a trip.

I thought you were going to the Aloha show, isnt that the same day?

BAD LS1
04-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah thats right! for some reason i though that aloha show was a different date, but it is on the same day.

TransAm12sec
04-30-2006, 02:37 PM
That would be cool if they drove to the Aloha show.

Josepy
04-30-2006, 07:11 PM
oh man i wanted to go. maybe ill skip my sisters wedding

PonyKiller87
05-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Ill be there, and Im trying to convince a few other friends with f bodys to go too.

DamonZ28
05-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Looks like the approximate time of arrival to the end point is 4:30pm, and the total distance is 217 miles.

Knyghtmare
05-01-2006, 08:11 PM
If I can get my **** back together in time, I would like to be there.

v6camarogrl
05-02-2006, 12:27 PM
I'll hopefully be there, last year's spring cruise was alot of fun, gotta make sure the batteries in my walkie talkie don't die this time though...... :durr

JR HAWK 9
05-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I also plan on being there, hopefully in my Firehawk if my f'n rims would ever come in. Otherwise we will probably take my gf's TA.

97z2801ss
05-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I might have ure rims there paul

Mssplayboybunie
05-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Josh and I will be also attending with the maro :) provided weather is nice for a change with no rain

BAD LS1
05-10-2006, 04:02 PM
im probably gonna go... Car seems to be reliable once again. My dad cant bring the 68' to the aloha show... ill just stop out there after waynes and check it out instead, i was just gonna dyno mine anyways.

Donny O.
05-12-2006, 01:50 AM
I'll hopefully be there, last year's spring cruise was alot of fun, gotta make sure the batteries in my walkie talkie don't die this time though...... :durr

good plan. I notice a pic in your sig from a previous cruise.....i'm the car right behind you!!! that must have been real early in the day as my top was still up.

DamonZ28
05-13-2006, 04:55 PM
I've added maps to the spring cruise website. Click the "Route Maps" button. These are updated maps for the route we'll be taking this year.

http://springcruise.fallcruise.org

Heat Seeker WS6
05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Don't know yet if I'll be able to go on it or not. The car is bruised & battered but cosmetics aside- is good to go. Will know later this week.

Yooformula
05-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Damon, what is the expected completion time? I cant decide which one to go to...cruise or Aloha show...hmmm.

Donny O.
05-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Don't know yet if I'll be able to go on it or not. The car is bruised & battered but cosmetics aside- is good to go. Will know later this week.

cosmetics is no problem....it's not a beaty pagent. on the other hand bad optis are a problem!!! :shades

yoo....I believe they are shooting for around 4:30 for getting to waynes.

Heat Seeker WS6
05-13-2006, 05:27 PM
cosmetics is no problem....it's not a beaty pagent. on the other hand bad optis are a problem!!! :shades

Augh...Bad memories and crappy drive home- the opti started dying on my car 2/3rds through last year's spring cruise and litereally gave me its last spark as I pulled into my driveway in Burlington :wow .

nismodave
05-13-2006, 05:39 PM
What time is the cruise until? Maybe you guys could come up to the show after. That would ROCK!!!!

DamonZ28
05-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Cruise ends up at Wayne's Drive In around 4:30pm.

v6camarogrl
05-16-2006, 01:37 PM
My dad cant bring the 68' to the aloha show... ill just stop out there after waynes and check it out instead, i was just gonna dyno mine anyways.
I was thinkin of headin up to the Aloha show after too, so maybe some of us can cruise there together

UnderPSI
05-16-2006, 02:39 PM
That sounds like a good Idea, we just extend the cruise a little further.

97PontiacW68
05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
yeh the illinois people will high tail it back home as soon as its over though they prob wont show up to the car show.

97z2801ss
05-18-2006, 10:45 AM
I was thinkin of headin up to the Aloha show after too, so maybe some of us can cruise there together

I like ware your heads at!:)

Yooformula
05-18-2006, 11:00 AM
yoo....I believe they are shooting for around 4:30 for getting to waynes.

Yeah, if I go, I would leave early so I could get to the show by say 3ish but I have to work the night before so I dont know yet what I am going to do YET. The caravan idea to the Aloha show sounds good but I dont wanna head out there that late.

Heat Seeker WS6
05-18-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm working until noon at least. I may try to meet up at some point later in the cruise.

Firefighter Z
05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
So can anyone tell me how a V6 Camaro ended up in a ditch?

97PontiacW68
05-22-2006, 02:42 PM
lol who ended up in a ditch? im guessing the cruise was not a success?

97z2801ss
05-22-2006, 03:07 PM
the cruze was a great time, dude just took a corner to fast and over corrected

DamonZ28
05-22-2006, 08:40 PM
No, he didn't take a corner too fast. He was turning left from a stop sign, started fishtailing, then overcorrected, and went in the ditch. Sad thing is, he did it a couple years ago too. Didn't learn his lesson I guess.

Yooformula
05-22-2006, 10:00 PM
No, he didn't take a corner too fast. He was turning left from a stop sign, started fishtailing, then overcorrected, and went in the ditch. Sad thing is, he did it a couple years ago too. Didn't learn his lesson I guess.

Are you kidding me!?!?! Was this Zach?

Heat Seeker WS6
05-22-2006, 10:05 PM
http://www.crawlinta.com/springcruise06/slides/CONVAR28.jpg

http://www.crawlinta.com/springcruise06/slides/CONVAR23.jpg

The cruise seems to loose almost one car per event.

I was only with the cruise from the Subway stop on 67 to about 15 miles or so out from there- had other things come up. had fun nonetheless while it lasted.

97PontiacW68
05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
wait a second is that the red v6 from illinois??

i thought he had some major suspension mods on there if it was him..

i found video i took from last years cruise actually today how ironic..

got some good video last time just some crazy driving though

PonyKiller87
05-23-2006, 02:40 PM
I think the red v6 (firestorm on MFBA) has some suspension stuff, it looked like it had Ls1 or bigger front brakes on it.

He seems like a pretty nice guy and all, but I was not very impressed with his driving, in fact it made me kind of nervous. He was following me on the leg of the cruise from Subway(where we waited while his car was yanked out) to the picnic area. There were several times when I would look up in the mirror to see him coming up way to fast, way to close for my liking. After that I made sure I was always a few cars away from him.

As far as the crazy driving goes, Im sure it seems that way to anyone that seen us go buy but most people were keeping it pretty reasonable and not getting to far beyond what thier car was capable of.

97PontiacW68
05-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I think the red v6 (firestorm on MFBA) has some suspension stuff, it looked like it had Ls1 or bigger front brakes on it.

He seems like a pretty nice guy and all, but I was not very impressed with his driving, in fact it made me kind of nervous. He was following me on the leg of the cruise from Subway(where we waited while his car was yanked out) to the picnic area. There were several times when I would look up in the mirror to see him coming up way to fast, way to close for my liking. After that I made sure I was always a few cars away from him.

As far as the crazy driving goes, Im sure it seems that way to anyone that seen us go buy but most people were keeping it pretty reasonable and not getting to far beyond what thier car was capable of.

funny you mention that last years cruise he was on our ass the whole time until we finally let him pass i was impressed that he could keep up and take those turns as quick as he did but in the end it wasnt worth it.. proven this year.. he didnt talk much last year didnt seem too friendly hope the car isnt messed up too bad though..

PonyKiller87
05-23-2006, 03:10 PM
From the looks of it and what he said there was pretty much no damage at all, unless hes found something since then.

My guess is that is something similar to the ricer flyby, trying to prove how powerful their not so powerful car is.

Donny O.
05-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Tom(firestorm) is a real nice guy....maybe not the best driver in the world and even jsut being a v6 this is the fastest car he has ever owned and his first RWD as he told me. I don't recall him having any suspention stuff and the brakes are jsut stock replacments with ceramic pads from autozone....I put them on.....unless he has upgraded in the past year. i'm not his best friend or anything. i've only dealt with him on cruises and online and the one time helping him with his brakes, but has always seemed like a good guy to me....although maybe a tad over zealous with his driving to try and keep up, but i woudn't consider him a show off or a 'ricer type'. just had some bad luck.

as for a car with a lot of suspention and brake work there is a red 3rd gen firebird that has joined us a few times that had all that stuff done.....it is currently getting a good motor to go with it!!

DamonZ28
05-23-2006, 07:29 PM
The cruise seems to loose almost one car per event.

That's only the 3rd accident in 8 years (and 4 years we've had 2 cruises). Certainly not great, but not quite 1 per event. And there was no damage to his car, he finished the cruise.

Good to hear the feedback on some of the driving issues on the cruise. I will certainly bring this up in future drivers' meetings, and I'm going to talk to Firestorm directly as well.

97PontiacW68
05-23-2006, 08:20 PM
hey atleast nobody drove into any poles or anything thats always a good thing right guys? :)

BadAzzGTA89
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Wooo hooo i will be there BadazzGTA and all!!
It takes turns:headbang

Firefighter Z
05-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Firestorm is a nice guy I talk to him here and there. Just needs to work on his driving skills and follow the rule on how many cars you should be from the other car.

PonyKiller87
05-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Firestorm is a nice guy I talk to him here and there. Just needs to work on his driving skills and follow the rule on how many cars you should be from the other car.

I agree, I have nothing against the guy at all. I guess knowing now that its the first rwd and fastest car so far that explains somethings.

v6camarogrl
05-24-2006, 03:25 PM
I have to agree that he follows way to close at times. He was behind me the last leg of the cruise and at some stop signs he would stop so close that I couldn't see any of his hood in my rearview mirror!! I think I got his attention when I had to stop quickly and knowing he was right on my ass, I pulled off on the right shoulder so he wouldn't rearend me.... he left alittle more room after that. :stare He also drives that car to the max, if I didn't floor it off of a stop sign he would be right on my ass..... it was an interesting camparison since I think our cars are about the same, minus his spending some quality time in the ditch....... :rolf :goof

But overall the cruise was alot of fun and it was awesome to see people's reactions as we drove by.

PonyKiller87
05-24-2006, 03:45 PM
He also drives that car to the max,

Well that was kind of the idea, well thats why I go to the cruise anyways, lol. As childish as it may sound, I never get tired of squealing the tires :headbang

v6camarogrl
05-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I know, I like driving hard too, but not off of EVERY stop sign and around EVERY corner.........

DamonZ28
09-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Resurrecting an old thread - just wanted to let everyone know that Firestorm has publicly apologized about his driving, and promised to behave from now on. I sent him a PM with everyone's complaints (no names/board names used).

http://forum.fbody.us/showthread.php?t=45149