PDA

View Full Version : looking for a bedliner

theavenger333
04-24-2006, 10:45 PM
looking for a bedliner and a cap for my dad's colorado he just picked up. he got his first one from Lakeland back in the day, then his last one from i do believe Cap Connection. he says he doesn't remember anything too outstanding about either, doesn't someone on here's dad own Ultimate Truck accessories or something?

Car Guy
04-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Get the spray in liner!, and is the bed on the colorado the same as an S-10......

cheap80Z28
04-25-2006, 01:45 AM
I used t work for them and they usually give me a bit of a cut deal. Can't get much off a cap thought.

steve

Nickerz
04-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Do get the spray in. Line-x for the win

Crawlin
04-25-2006, 10:50 AM
His dad doesn't want the spray in. Put a call into Ultimate Truck Accessories...

Crawlin
04-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Steve, got the information...

I'll give your dad a call a little later today after I get through some BS here

$149 installed for the drop in liner
$849 installed for the cap with locking rear window and body color matching.

That's what they gave me as my dealer cost.

Can anyone else out there do any better than this for him? Any other suppliers out there?

theavenger333
04-25-2006, 11:23 AM
those spray in liners are junk anyway for use other than loads of crap. if you carry junk, garbage, dirt, gravel, etc, they're worth it, but for regular use they're no good.

DirtyMax
04-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Farm and Fleet sells drop in's too.

theavenger333
04-25-2006, 01:14 PM
shank you sir

SLOWC5
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
spray in's are the only way to go.....

6L chevelle
04-25-2006, 04:11 PM
spray in all the way

theavenger333
04-25-2006, 10:47 PM
not for what he uses it for

Nickerz
04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
those spray in liners are junk anyway for use other than loads of crap. if you carry junk, garbage, dirt, gravel, etc, they're worth it, but for regular use they're no good.
what's your backing for this?

theavenger333
04-26-2006, 05:52 PM
2 of our work trucks from my last job had spray-ins, not only did they turn out goofy, but they EASILY scratch. when you scratch into it, it also scratches down to the paint. you can't slide tools or wood or anyhting on the surface because its a rough, bumpy texture. climbing in and out of a truck bed with a cap on it is bad on the knees as is, and with the spray in its even worse. if i got a truck with an open bed, i'd go spray in all the way, but not with a cap.

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Ummmm........yeah.....its me.....the dickhead again....Spray ins are junk? Are you smoking crack? They are the only way to go.....they seal out moisture. Drop ins trap water underneath and cause beds to rust. Ive had 4 trucks with spray ins, never had problems with them and they get ABUSED! You have to have it done by a good place though, if they dont prep it right it will turn out like crap. If you do do it, i suggest you prep the box yourself to make sure its done right. There is also a place in brookfield call Volatile free inc....they manufacture the spray in bedliner there for rhino liner and Line-x......but sell it wholesale at under there house brand, you can also get it COLOR matched if you go directly to them. They wont spray it, but you can get the stuff there and take it to a place and spend ALOT less money......probably like $200 less.

theavenger333
04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
drop in bedliner 150 installed > 200 dollar spray in. already explained why. and for the 4th time, THE TRUCK GETS A CAP ON IT. not to mention, its what my dad wants, and we've had no rust in the beds of the last 2 trucks. besides, aren't you here from like california or some crap? what would you know about wisconsin winters or weather. this seems like a repeat of the last time. i'm going to tell you again, get the hell out of my thread

WilliamZ
04-26-2006, 11:38 PM
besides, aren't you here from like california or some crap? what would you know about wisconsin winters or weather.

I have been thinking the same damn thing for quite some time now.. Something isn't right with this guy. :loser

DirtyMax
04-27-2006, 08:43 AM
There's plenty of positives and negavives to both to go around all day. The spray in is awseome except for the fact that it doesn't absorb impact. So if you throw heavy crap into the bed alot (bricks, rocks, etc.), you run the risk of permament visible dents, whereas the drop-ins will absorb the impact. I've always just gotten the drop ins because I don't keep the trucks long enough to worry about moisture. I heard the spray in's are slippery when wet but I have never had one so I can't confirm.

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-27-2006, 09:20 AM
It rains in california to.....if rain doesnt get in there...salt wont get in there. Its common sense.....spray ins protect the bed much better..... in more ways then one.. As far as getting out of your thread.....that wont happen. If I have valuable information to share, im going to share it. Weather you choose to disregard it, that is your decision...... And as far as spray ins being slippery....ive heard people complain of that but have never experienced it myself.

theavenger333
04-27-2006, 09:34 AM
It rains in california to.....if rain doesnt get in there...salt wont get in there. Its common sense.....spray ins protect the bed much better..... in more ways then one.. As far as getting out of your thread.....that wont happen. If I have valuable information to share, im going to share it. Weather you choose to disregard it, that is your decision...... And as far as spray ins being slippery....ive heard people complain of that but have never experienced it myself.

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-27-2006, 07:05 PM
That gave me a good chuckle......i like that!

Crawlin
04-27-2006, 07:10 PM
he wants a drop in... i never got why people are trying to sway someone's opinion the opposite way. he asked me and i asked about the spray in, he said no, case closed. The truck is being picked up right now, bedliner is tomorrow at 8am.

theavenger333
04-27-2006, 10:47 PM
i TOTALLY took it for a beat run to the bank tonight to use the night deposit. thanks again chris!

btw, new avatar = awesome

GrimreaperSS
04-28-2006, 11:51 AM
I say spray in also. I had my truck sprayed with line-x. In the box and under, and on the floor and under the cab. A friend had his Dakota sprayed with
Rhino Liner and it has chipped away alot on the tail gate. I know that they will
respray it for free (lifetime warranty), but I would hate to have to have it redone alot.

97PontiacW68
04-28-2006, 08:35 PM
jeez you guys are like lil kids fighting .. lol give it a rest already.. leave it for the PM's :)

theavenger333
04-29-2006, 02:59 AM
bah, that guy sucks... that and i rule