PDA

View Full Version : Jellystone Resort (warrens, wi)

u_say_go
04-23-2006, 12:07 PM
June 16-18, Father's Day Weekend, Jellystone Campground and Resort in Warrens (between Tomah & Black River Falls) hosts the areas largest car show. We've been attending for the past 4 years and each year it gets bigger and bigger. Last year they had over 300 cars. Live music each night, muffler rap contest, flame throwing contest, awards to the Top 25 cars judged by other entrants to the show, tons of activities to do for the kids, 2 waterparks, 2 mini golf courses, outdoor movie theater......check out their website www.jellystonewarrens.com

Holeshot
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
We used to squirrel hunt up there when I was younger. Heart of the cranberry industry. Some of the best black squirrel hunting in the entire state :thumbsup

CruxGNZ
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Is that the campground that wakes you up at 6:30 AM with, "Hellooo CAMPERS!" and then tells you about the activities for the day?

u_say_go
04-23-2006, 09:04 PM
lol, No they dont do that. Seriously, if any of you are looking for a GREAT getaway this summer, check this place out. I take my wife and kids 2-3 times a year and we've never had anything less than a great time. Just tons of stuff to do, and the car show is put on by the Wizards of Rods car club, they do an excellent job at running it. There's no fee to enter your car, they give out trophies (nice ones) for the top 25 cars, plus a BUNCH (almost too many) of awards for "best engine", "most chrome", "biggest stereo" etc...that the kids chose.
this picture is from 2 years ago

srt-8-u
04-24-2006, 07:33 AM
I have been doin that car how fpr some time now, we alway rent the cabin's there from wed - sun night good time great fun for the family, Even if you dont have kids theres a lot to do dont have to leav the camp sight for anything.And yes the Wisards is the car club that puts the show on and they make sure everyone is happy and wanting to come back yr after yr. Nother great car show is the Boondockers car shoe in May http://www.boondockersstreetrods.com/

u_say_go
04-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I'll keep an eye out for you there this year and say hi. Which cabins do you normally stay in? We stay in the Villas, pretty close to those crazy a$$ Boondockers, I love those guys! :thumbsup

Car Guy
04-24-2006, 11:28 PM
That sounds like alot of fun......

srt-8-u
04-26-2006, 07:38 AM
I'll keep an eye out for you there this year and say hi. Which cabins do you normally stay in? We stay in the Villas, pretty close to those crazy a$$ Boondockers, I love those guys! :thumbsup

Well im one of the crazzy Boondockers, Ill be staying right across from them as always in a villa, great time.WQe have a show coming up next month be sure to get there http://www.boondockersstreetrods.com/

u_say_go
04-26-2006, 09:55 AM
who had the flame-throwing barstool last year? That thing was great!