PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

Cryptic
04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Horrible flick. Save your money.

There were parts of the acting that just weren't believable... especially the little girl.

The plot introduction had as much foreplay as a broomstick in a prison cell.
within the first 2 minutes of the movie, the little girl manages to sleep walk across a busy HWY and stop just before jumping off a rediculous, Grand-Canyon sized cliff, which just so happens to be across the street from where they live. Just before they wake the little girl up she repeats "Silent Hill, Silent Hill" (this part especially was just poorly acted). And then the mother thinks its a brilliant idea to take her adopted child to a place she has nightmares about. ( That will fix her good mom!)

For the next hour you get to watch mom chase a glimpse of the girl here and a glimpse of the girl there through a ghost town. The whole time I'm thinking this girl is would get the whoopin' of her life when I catch her. Which brings me to my next point. How can a young mother manage not to catch a 6 yr old running away from her.

For a brief momment towards the end there was a slight hope that "Ohh, this is gonna get good", but nope... they successfully managed to lose my attention again.

I'm not normally a tough critic. I like most movies where 50% would say they sucked. This movie was horrible. This movie is hardly worth a DVD-R.

I want my money back.

PB86MCSS
04-22-2006, 12:59 PM
It has some promise in the trailer on TV but the part they show where the little girl says *I am the reaper* makes me laugh at how horribly un-scary that is and cheesy. That alone deters me from seeing it. I like scary/spooky movies but it doesn't suprise me that it sucks.

d0nut
04-22-2006, 02:04 PM
"The plot introduction had as much foreplay as a broomstick in a prison cell."

Thats why Siskel & Ebert sucked... no balls!

fireguyrick
04-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Saw it yesterday. I agree, it sucked. Had alot of potential, the execution was just bad.

Rick

deciuss
04-22-2006, 02:07 PM
thats good to know, my girlfriend wanted to see that movie really bad but this will get me out of having to see it now.

Yooformula
04-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Looks like I wont even waste my time dl'ng it.

Anyd, did you see Wolf creek or Hostel? Any write ups on either of those before I rent them.

pOrk
04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
I still want to see Hostel, even though I have heard alot of bad things about it. Thanks for the review on this one, I wont waste my time

PB86MCSS
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Hostel is worth watching on TV or for free, but don't pay hard earned money on it, IMO. The build up of being one of the scariest movies in the last 10 years is ridiculous. Entertaining at times but not really scary at all, lot of hype. Nothing you haven't seen in any other horror movie.

subliminal1284
04-22-2006, 04:22 PM
It seems alot of the movies that are based on video games suck

LIL EVO
04-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Hostel was ok if you don't believe in plots

GTSLOW
04-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Well thanks for the headsup. I was thinking of going to see it but not anymore. I'll settle for The Benchwarmers :thumbsup

Cryptic
04-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Anyd, did you see Wolf creek or Hostel? Any write ups on either of those before I rent them.

haven't seen either.

wikked
04-23-2006, 01:15 AM
wow... that review couldn't be more wrong.

It's a movie based on a video game, it's not up for an academy award. There's your first mistake.
It wasn't a busy hwy because it was at NIGHT.
Yea the cliff was a little unbelievable, especially when the mom was 500ft below and managed to save her...but whatever, see above.
They had to work the "silent hill" somewhere early in the movie, otherwise they wouldn't have time to explain WHY she was saying it at the end.
Of course the mom had to take her to Silent Hill, otherwise uh...there'd be no movie.
She can't catch the girl, because, well... you obviously didn't understand the movie. It's a major part and I'm not going to give it away.

I dunno how you lost attention at the end, unless you had the whole popcorn with a hole in the bottom trick going on. :goof

The horrifying creatures alone are worth the $8.75. Absolutely focking INSANE... Seriously, there isn't sh1t that can hold a candle to the sick ass things they created to dwell in that town.

Just remember, Siskel & Ebert gave 2 thumbs down to 'Clerks', and 2 thumbs up to 'Like Water For Chocolate' some pansy ass foreign chick flick. :rolleyes:

I'd HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen a great horror movie in a long time.
I'd say it's right up there with Hellraiser in terms of graphic violence.

I guaranteeee you say "OH MY FüCKING GODDD :wow " at least three times :shades

Cryptic
04-23-2006, 11:27 AM
I new there would be at least 1 Silent Hill game fanatic here. I hated the game too. Yes I did see the likeness. Especially with the obsure camera angles, and how everything was ghosty white with ash.

The whole following the clues was just lame. Yes I understand the girl running around wasnt the actual daughter. It's not hard to figure out.

I couldnt get into it becuase how lame the acting / screen play was.

wikked
04-23-2006, 12:27 PM
bah... with movies like that, you can't go in and expect Oscar-like acting, or else you're gonna be majorly let down.

Oh, and I've never played the game, dont even have a ps/ps2 :goof

fireguyrick
04-23-2006, 02:08 PM
bah... with movies like that, you can't go in and expect Oscar-like acting, or else you're gonna be majorly let down.

The problem with that is that Sean Bean is a talented actor, and Radhja chick (the mom) is not that poor herself. I usually expect kids to be poor actors, just because of their age.

Rick

wikked
04-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Never heard of either of em, heh.

That cop was so effing hot though :drool:

BlownMe
04-23-2006, 04:48 PM
It seems alot of the movies that are based on video games suck

I dig the first Resident Evil. The second one sucked. Other than that, I gotta agree with this one. Doom was okay at best. I expected more. I'm not surprised that Silent Hill sucked. It had so much potential to be a kick ass scary movie but I expected them to blow it so i'm not too disappointed.

Jeff
04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
I just saw both the other day Hostel and Silent Hill, neither one of them was worth my time, after I saw Silent Hill last night it left me with that feeling that I actually wasted time outta my life on it. Hostel was a bit better but still wouldnt reccommend spending any money to see either.

Yooformula
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
I dig the first Resident Evil. The second one sucked. Other than that, I gotta agree with this one. Doom was okay at best. I expected more. I'm not surprised that Silent Hill sucked. It had so much potential to be a kick ass scary movie but I expected them to blow it so i'm not too disappointed.

I agree Doom sucked. The only cool part was the end in the nontheater release version when they had him running like it was the game. I thought that movie could have been much better.

I like the Resdient evil movies but I really liked the games so I guess thats probably why I am more accepting of it.

Cryptic
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
see now... I liked Doom for the most part, I'm not a tough critic.