PDA

View Full Version : Your choice to make power ? Nitrous, Blower, Turbo or NA?

DynoTom
04-21-2006, 12:35 AM
What's your choice to make power and why do you choose that route?

Flicktitty
04-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Turbo All The Way!!!

GTSLOW
04-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Turbo - They sound cool :goof

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-21-2006, 06:33 AM
Supercharger or Nitrous!

Crawlin
04-21-2006, 08:20 AM
If I had unlimited budget, turbo all the way. Just look at what's been done, specifically in the LS1 market, over the past year or two

But in reality, my nitrous budget seems to fit better. Currently though, I'm gonna get the best I can out of it N/A and see if I can match my nitrous times

deciuss
04-21-2006, 08:46 AM
i like turbos they cost more but i just like them, i miss having my car turboed driving stock sucks. but then again it was only a civic :rolf

ProjectCamaro
04-21-2006, 09:00 AM
I voted for turbo but a blower is a close second. I like forced induction because the power isn't only there at WOT like it is with nitrous.

Cryptic
04-21-2006, 09:17 AM
turbos are alot more fun on the top end.

Flicktitty
04-21-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm truly suprised more people havent voted for Nitrous!

2kgtp
04-21-2006, 11:10 AM
I'd take both nitrous and turbo :) best of both worlds.

TopStreetDsm
04-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Anything 400ci and less get the turbos. Anything 200ci and less gets twice as big of a turbo :thumbsup

Big Blocks get blowers. I mean come on... At that point does anyone really care about rotating mass?

My2Cents

Cryptic
04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
two different animals in my limited experience...

instant torque on the low RPM VS. unlimited HP on top
both have its merits

animal
04-21-2006, 02:08 PM
I picked supercharging, more specifically roots or screw type that are direct mounted right to the manifold. It's the only way to go for me :)

Though I don't argue they make good power, I've never liked the entire concept of turbos... let alone you apparently are not allowed to have a turbo anymore without a completely gay sounding blowoff valve. :rolleyes:

GTSLOW
04-21-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm truly suprised more people havent voted for Nitrous!

Nitrous is nice but I think I would like it to much and over use it. End up like Tom :thumbsup

BAD LS1
04-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Nitrous. Biggest HP increase per dollar spent. End up like me... hahahahah well... you dont know the boundries unless you push the envelope. I learned alot about the tuning aspect of it during that time and will apply that to this go around.

Maybe the more is good alot is better rule doesnt apply to nitrous, kinda like turbo boost. Its about making the engine more efficent with smaller amounts of nitrous. With Safely adding more timing and leaning it out to reasonable levels w/o knock retard, i can probably make it very fast with just a 175 shot vs 300. Every degree of timing i added on that 300 shot, it felt like it gained another 30 hp for each degree, i was amazed at the difference.

But with any power adder or N/A you HAVE to know what your doing on the tune up to make a fast car. Im forever learning new tricks, trying them on others cars, and the **** really works good!! So hopefully i can roll all that knowledge gained into my car and make it run the # im after.

0TransAm0
04-21-2006, 03:58 PM
i voted s/c.. eventually i wanna put one on my car. id rather have that over turbo and i dont want nitrous because id be useing it ALL the time and prolly blow my car up :)

BAD LS1
04-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Nitrous wont blow your motor up if you take precautions, have safegaurds, and arent a fVckin cowboy like me and is always looking to the turn the wick up to just see what it feels like.

Slow Joe
04-21-2006, 04:12 PM
arent a fVckin cowboy like me and is always looking to the turn the wick up to just see what it feels like.

Cowboy, hey?? :rolf What's your horse, the bolonga pony... :rolf :rolf Sorry dude, I had to...

BAD LS1
04-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Cowboy, hey?? :rolf What's your horse, the bolonga pony... :rolf :rolf Sorry dude, I had to...

the cowboy term usually associated with "crazy asshole".

Slow Joe
04-21-2006, 05:07 PM
the cowboy term usually associated with "crazy asshole".

Yeah, I know... I just had to say that though...

STKMACH
04-21-2006, 05:20 PM
I voted supercharger. The reason is I'm not worried about high top end speed

MurphysLaw88GT
04-21-2006, 09:00 PM
i just like turbos on rowdy ****

blackcar
04-21-2006, 09:42 PM
I like turbo's because I can turn up the boost to suit my octane, and not be married to changing out empty bottles. Although spraying a turbo is a hoot.

TopStreetDsm
04-21-2006, 10:18 PM
let alone you apparently are not allowed to have a turbo anymore without a completely gay sounding blowoff valve. :rolleyes:

Trying to fix that in the community... Give me a little more time... :goof

fireguyrick
04-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Turbo for my current applications. Though, I have seen some wicked twin charged setups as of late (supercharger w/ turbocharger), though that is a bit more extreme then I would want to be.

Rick

sloLs1
04-21-2006, 11:21 PM
i like it all... i perfer turbo but if it's done right N/A, Nitrous, and turbo can be awesome!!!

awsomeears
04-22-2006, 02:55 AM
Turbo - Because NEON'S can handle More then you THINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang

With proper tuning of course :thumbsup

scottie K
04-22-2006, 09:09 AM
NOZZZZZZZZZZZ :nitrous

Car Guy
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
To me naturally aspirated is a given, without that you wouldn't have a running engine. In order to have the other 3 (nitrous, turbo, supercharger) you have to have something that's NA to begin with. Not a big fan of nitrous for the fact of having to fill it after it runs out after a short time. There are pros/cons to blowers and turbos but overall I prefer turbos and I think I'm with the majority. It may be harder to set up a turbo system over a blower but for the power the turbo gives you there's no mistaking it. Just look at all the V8 cars going to turbos that are making insane power, and I'm talking 1000hp and more(some much more)......

That's my take on it but don't take offense anyone as it just my POV......

turbogarrett
04-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Turbos are my fav. I am tired of every kid pulling up next to me feeling the need to sound their aftermarket bov's, congratulations you have a turbo and could have spent that $$ on something that would actually help your nearly stock cars performance. When I sold my modded 92 talon in '01, I told the kid to leave the bov alone or the car would run like ****, what does fast & furious boy do the next day? You guessed it, bought a shiny blitz bov (horn) and vented it to atmosphere, it ran like crap but sounded like a bird so I guess it was worthwhile :goof

nismodave
04-22-2006, 10:55 AM
NOZZZZZZZZZZZ :nitrous

You dont have to stop at a light, and open up your Turbo.

Or refill your Turbo or S/C.

Turbo all the way.

scottie K
04-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Lol

fireguyrick
04-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Now now, there is a point when BOV's are necessary. My stock Diverter Valve cannot handle more then 21psi, so I have to have a BOV. My setup is not able to recirculate, so my BOV is 100 atmospheric, though, I wish it did not sound so "Look I am beating a baby seal." Though, when the wastegate opens, you cannot hear it.

Rick

turbogarrett
04-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Now now, there is a point when BOV's are necessary. My stock Diverter Valve cannot handle more then 21psi, so I have to have a BOV. My setup is not able to recirculate, so my BOV is 100 atmospheric, though, I wish it did not sound so "Look I am beating a baby seal." Though, when the wastegate opens, you cannot hear it.

Rick

I had a greddy type s on the turbo rotary w/ a short piece of hose pointing to the ground, got the job done without being obnoxious imo.

ruhlahan
04-22-2006, 08:54 PM
I refuse to vote... I don't like the idea of having to use nitrous to make power. but I'm cheap. I'd like to do forced induction.. but if I do, it will probably be a supercharger, but I'd love to have twin turbo's on my car...

TwIzTiD Si
04-22-2006, 10:58 PM
I voted nitrous :nitrous cuz its best hp per dollar,no lag & its optional power its not always running, wearing on your motor.
If money were no issue I would go turbo all the way, they are more reliable
than nitrous & if you use enough nitrous fills you could add it all up & you probaly buy your self a turbo kit.

Al
04-22-2006, 11:14 PM
We are forgetting VTEC. It DOES at power...kinda.

deciuss
04-22-2006, 11:21 PM
We are forgetting VTEC. It DOES at power...kinda.

mainly it just adds noise from 4.5 to 6.5 before the car shifts lol. :)

PB86MCSS
04-22-2006, 11:36 PM
N/A. Obviously to get serious speed a power adder is needed for many engines but nothing is better than raw hp N/A style :D. Nitrous is like taking steroids ;).

MoreTorque
04-22-2006, 11:41 PM
It's a diesel... turbo by default :)

FourEyedFord
04-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Big Blocks get blowers. I mean come on... At that point does anyone really care about rotating mass?

My2Cents

Why do you say that? From what I have seen they work great on small blocks, too.

TopStreetDsm
04-23-2006, 01:46 AM
I guess Im thinking more of the intake manifold relpacement kind and less the housing with a compressor wheel style.

I dont like rotating mass. The Idea of loosing some to gain more, when you could gain some and gain more is more my taste. Dollar for dollar, bolting on a SC is not a bad way to go. I have limited exp. with the superchargers, and I am not claiming to be an expert. Turbos have always made sense to me.

awsomeears
04-23-2006, 02:58 AM
**** YOUR COUCH NIGGA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VTEC STRAIGHT UP IN YOUR GRLLL YO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolf

TwIzTiD Si
04-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Lets face it they all have their perks. It's just diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.
What ever works for your budget or applacation.