PDA

View Full Version : UFC tonight anyone?

Yooformula
04-20-2006, 08:48 PM
They are doing an entire set of Royce Gracie fights. Anyone else watching this? He has like no standup skills whatsoever! I hope Matt phucks his a$$ up!! He is way too 1 dimensional for my tastes and I do like the ground game.

So who is hosting the next pay per view???? I was thinking about it but I gotta see how the lil guy is going to be before I think about it.

Anyone keeping up with the Ultimate Fighter 3 this season? So far it looks goo, glad there is more fighting.

MoreTorque
04-20-2006, 10:30 PM
I've seen all of the episodes of the UF3. The pace of the show is really good this time around. In the first episode, they talked about a Tito vs. Shamrock rematch at the end... that would be interesting.

I'll buy a PPV as soon as they are shown in HD.

SlowStee
04-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Im in for the next PPV event ;)

Cryptic
04-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I'll buy a PPV as soon as they are shown in HD.

I cant believe their not yet :wow

I could host it,
Currently we got a 65" tv and a 120" Projector screen. But if it's not in HD its gonna look like ass blown up that big.

Lash
04-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I caught the end of it.

My prediction...Hughes vs. Gracie will be the most boring fight in UFC history!!! :goof

TUF3 has been good so far. Some pretty good fights already compared to the last seasons. I like this years set-up better too. And Shamrock sucks as a coach. The more I watch the more I think he is the bigger problem in the hatred thing between him and Tito. At least Tito can pull his head out of his ass for a minute and try to teach those guys something....cant say the same for Shamrock :)

Yooformula
04-21-2006, 08:35 PM
I caught the end of it.
My prediction...Hughes vs. Gracie will be the most boring fight in UFC history!!! :goof

TUF3 has been good so far. Some pretty good fights already compared to the last seasons. I like this years set-up better too. And Shamrock sucks as a coach. The more I watch the more I think he is the bigger problem in the hatred thing between him and Tito. At least Tito can pull his head out of his ass for a minute and try to teach those guys something....cant say the same for Shamrock :)

Ditto X3!!! I dont think the Hughes fight will be as boring as you think though. They both have awesome ground attacks and I think Matt will try to keep him up since he is known to be weak in the standup. I really think Matt is better all around so I hope he brings his A game to make Gracie go toe to toe with him standing up. Watching Gracie work is like watching a boa smother its prey, its awesome yet boring. He did however get rocked on one of his later fights with a guy that was way too strong to be taken down and made Gracie fight a standup war.

Its too early to get excited about this match, they have a month to go still. :stare

VroomPshhTsi
04-21-2006, 09:49 PM
The latest fight for Ultimate Fighter 3 went perfectly for the Hawaiian guy (forgot his name). The British guy thought he had it in the bag, but the taller lanky Hawaiian had a perfect match and made him tap. The Tito vs. Shamrock rematch at the end of the season will have the same outcome as their previous match (Tito grounding n pounding him bloody).

As for Hughes vs. Gracie, I give the edge to Hughes but I don't think it will be entirely one sided.

- Brian

Lash
04-21-2006, 10:07 PM
The latest fight for Ultimate Fighter 3 went perfectly for the Hawaiian guy (forgot his name). The British guy thought he had it in the bag, but the taller lanky Hawaiian had a perfect match and made him tap.

I was wondering how many standing elbows to the face that Ross (British guy) was gonna take. Could he not see them coming??? LMAO You could tell EVERY time cause Kendall would shift his body so he could swing his elbow.

Yooformula
04-21-2006, 10:58 PM
That was aweomse too after all of the bs that brit was spewing, it was cool to see him get knocked around. So much for him going to "go right though him".....fuggin idiot!

mrz28M6
04-22-2006, 01:44 AM
royce used to beat ass way before 90% of the people even knew what ufc was! its very hard to bet against him! the ole gracie and savern fights were classic!

Yooformula
04-22-2006, 07:30 AM
royce used to beat ass way before 90% of the people even knew what ufc was! its very hard to bet against him! the ole gracie and savern fights were classic!

True but the fighters are alot different now, submission is part of almost everyone's routine now, back then it was mastered by only a few. So many of the dominant fighters have extensive wrestling backgrounds so Gracie would have his hands full now. I know he his is still fighting but I cant seem to find any of his fights to see how his techniques have evolved if they have at all.

mrz28M6
04-22-2006, 04:58 PM
very true yoosef thats what made the very old ucfs so much more exciting with no rules and most of the fights were kept on the feet. that is unless royce or savern were fighting.

Lash
04-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Hell yeah....the no gloves..knees to the face when youre on the ground...punching in the back of the head days kicked ass!!!