PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

Silver03SRT
04-20-2006, 07:29 PM
This is getting a little out of hand. It shouldnt cost almost 40 dollars to fill up a neon. I am glad I dont drive a truck right about now. Crusing on hwy is out of the question now too.

subliminal1284
04-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Just wait a month or 2 its gonna get worse, Its expected to be over $4.00 a gallon this summer

Slow Joe
04-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I put $40.02 into my Mustang 2 days ago at $2.89

WilliamZ
04-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Yep it sucks. Oh well, It hasn't stopped me from going anywhere yet.. Cost me $45 last time at the pump.

Lash
04-20-2006, 08:45 PM
I'll have to fill up my truck tomorrow at $3.09/gal for regular :(

Al
04-20-2006, 09:55 PM
I was contemplating the effects of gas prices on pizza delivery...

Before tips
Average mpg = 26
mileage comp = $0.10/mile
cost/mile = $0.02

Tips
tip$/mile = $0.50
gross $/gallon = $13
net $/gallon = $12.98

When gas prices hit $4.00/gallon, my average profit will drop about 8%.

The catch is that when somebody stiffs on a tip, I sometimes complain. Half the time, they whine back "but you charged us $1.50 for delivery." I'll tell them the truth, "the boss gets most of the money and I only get paid by the mile. W/o the tip, I lose money."

They usually respond "but I don't need to tip" or "I gave more than %10."

I have to let them know that you tip waitstaff that way. I am not just walking around a restaurant, but also driving, maintaining, and feeding a vehicle. Drivers are supposed to be tipped more because we actually have major overhead to deal with. Beyond that, I earn minimum wage.

I'm going to try to get the Ozaukee Guide to do a report on this issue. If I am lucky, I bet I can get tmj4 or fox6 on this one.

I was also thinking about calling into the radio stations. I bet I can 'throw a few rocks at hornet nests and get away unscathed!'

Flicktitty
04-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Yep it sucks. Oh well, It hasn't stopped me from going anywhere yet.. Cost me $45 last time at the pump.
:headbang nice to see someone sacking up and still driving there car :headbang that right there is love! :thumbsup

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-21-2006, 06:36 AM
This is when its nice to have a motorcycle! Cant say my bike is any better on gas then some peoples economy cars though....Makes as much if not more power then there cars but only get about 100 miles to 4.8 gallons and usually run it almost dry.....

Silver350
04-21-2006, 06:37 AM
It cost me $40 a week on gas and I only let my truck get down to 1/2 tank before I fill it. I plan on riding the bike 90% of the time in summer. The only time I will be using my truck is when I have to drive to a softball game.

wikked
04-21-2006, 08:59 AM
regular is only $2.35 in Salt Lake City, UT...

Oddly enough, my mileage has gone up since replacing my trans.
I used to get around 16mpg... then after the trans it went up to 17-ish, then 19-is, then 20.6 yesterday :headbang

See how long this keeps up.
"cmon big money big money no whammiessssss STOP" :rolf

deciuss
04-21-2006, 09:05 AM
I get about 30mpg on the Civic, my gfs car gets close to 40 mpg on her Corolla and even that difference in mpg is starting to eat into my budget. I wish the Civic has the mpg that the Corolla does. Even with my driving a little bit more then she does the difference is probably 30-40 bucks due to I have to fill up one more time a month then she does.

wikked
04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
oh wait... i was wrong.
Prettty sad when their high price blows away our low price.

How is that legal that pretty soon they'll be $1 lower per gallon?
fückin bullshìt :chair:

Nick
04-21-2006, 09:37 AM
So here in Waukesha this morning at the PDQ on Highway 59 and West Avenue, I just paid 3.20 for premium. I could have sworn it was 3.10 last night in milwaukee.

Nix
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I just herd on the radio this morning that WI is the 2nd highest in the nation right now. The 1st place winner is LA at 4.01 a gallon for Regular right now. :flipoff2:

Nick
04-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Jesus... wow.

deciuss
04-21-2006, 11:44 AM
wow thats crazy.

Flicktitty
04-21-2006, 12:45 PM
:fire :mad: :devil :flipoff2: :chair: :fire :mad: :devil :flipoff2: :chair: :punch: :punch: :fire :flipoff2:
I just herd on the radio this morning that WI is the 2nd highest in the nation right now. The 1st place winner is LA at 4.01 a gallon for Regular right now. :flipoff2:

Nick
04-21-2006, 12:55 PM
I just spoke with some of my friends out in California and they say it's nowhere near that in LA. Whatever station was doing that was gouging massively.

Flicktitty
04-21-2006, 02:46 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/business/oil_and_gas
crude oil up to $75 bucks a barrel...just a qeustion how many gallons are in one of these barrels?

Lash
04-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Just wait until the **** hits the fan over in Iran. Were really gonna get screwed.

Rocket Power
04-21-2006, 06:51 PM
I am glad I am not drivng the pickup to work anymore. Driving from West Allis to Burlington everyday I was filling up every 3-4 days at 25 gal a crack. Got better with the wagon, then Saturday my wife bought me a 94 Grand Prix for a daily/winter car... 24 mpg on the first tank :banana
She only puts on like 10-15 miles a day so she drives the truck.

I just get salty about that BS crap about it jumping 10-15 cents overnight everytime. why can't the crap go up 2 cents at a time like it comes down.
And what is with prices jumping in clusters. First hales corners changes in the morning then it works it's way north on hwy 100 during the day and takes a day or so to get to the Speedway on 104th and greenfield.

I see it everytime the f-ing gas jumps up. that BS :flipoff2:

MurphysLaw88GT
04-21-2006, 08:07 PM
be prepared to grab ankles

Yooformula
04-21-2006, 08:47 PM
I bet pretty soon I wont be able to drive my car everyday to work either. I'll be driving the winter beater just to save money....fuggin bs.

Flicktitty
04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
:mad: true on that one! :fire
Just wait until the **** hits the fan over in Iran. Were really gonna get screwed.

mrz28M6
04-22-2006, 01:49 AM
i just dont understand how a yankee state like ours is 2nd? i mean when i moved up here from FL it was 10 cents cheaper then us? how does that make any sense? i know we get so many tourists by us that we should do that. lmao

ProjectCamaro
04-22-2006, 02:29 PM
I just filled the Camaro up today, cost me $45 and I waited until I was out of Milwaukee and back in Kenosha. If I would have filled up by work in Milwaukee today it would have been over $50!!

pOrk
04-22-2006, 03:24 PM
wAH wah wah

They pay 7 bucks a litre in Europe

ProjectCamaro
04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
wAH wah wah

They pay 7 bucks a litre in Europe

So what does that have to do with me? So someone else has to pay a lot for their's so now we should as well? They also have countries the size of our states and can take public transportation if they want instead of driving their own cars.

mrz28M6
04-22-2006, 04:48 PM
just heard on the radio that venuzuela pays 22 cents a gallon. go figure

pOrk
04-22-2006, 04:54 PM
So what does that have to do with me? So someone else has to pay a lot for their's so now we should as well? They also have countries the size of our states and can take public transportation if they want instead of driving their own cars.

Well, lets see here. You can walk, ride a bike, take the bus, buy a motorcycle, OR you can ***** and moan about something you have no control over in the first place :chair:

Brandon W.
04-22-2006, 11:12 PM
^^^ i agree you can't do anything about it. ya i know its sucks but there is one way to get your money back.Invest in an oil company :alcoholic and for reference it costs $100 every 8 days to fill up the powerstroke"but thats what you get when you have 600 Ft of torque and a Lead foot"

ProjectCamaro
04-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Well, lets see here. You can walk, ride a bike, take the bus, buy a motorcycle, OR you can ***** and moan about something you have no control over in the first place :chair:

No I can't walk, ride a bike, or take a bus to work. Work's to far for the first two and there's no public transportation where I live. That's why I said in that's one thing they can do that I can't.

pOrk
04-23-2006, 08:31 AM
No I can't walk, ride a bike, or take a bus to work. Work's to far for the first two and there's no public transportation where I live. That's why I said in that's one thing they can do that I can't.

How far is work? I used to ride my bike 22 miles to work, and that was a single speed bmx bike. You can always get a new job, a motorcycle, or even something cool like a moped :thumbsup

Yooformula
04-23-2006, 09:30 AM
How far is work? I used to ride my bike 22 miles to work, and that was a single speed bmx bike. You can always get a new job, a motorcycle, or even something cool like a moped :thumbsup

Pork that is the dumbest sh!t I have read yet. So I am supposed to find another job because the CEO of Exxon made 93 million in salary last year and 186million when he retires next year. Fu(k that! And dont tell me that other countries pay more, thats their issue not mine. FYI, He worked as CEO for 12 years....that is horsesh!t. Every gas exec is making millions while we line their pockets and you can honestly sit there and say to someone else to take a bus or ride their bike. True there is nothing we do about it but you dont have to like taking it in a$$. BTW, I bet if enough people actually did something besides bit(h, something might change.

Lash
04-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Pork that is the dumbest sh!t I have read yet. So I am supposed to find another job because the CEO of Exxon made 93 million in salary last year and 186million when he retires next year. Fu(k that! And dont tell me that other countries pay more, thats their issue not mine. FYI, He worked as CEO for 12 years....that is horsesh!t. Every gas exec is making millions while we line their pockets and you can honestly sit there and say to someone else to take a bus or ride their bike. True there is nothing we do about it but you dont have to like taking it in a$$. BTW, I bet if enough people actually did something besides bit(h, something might change.

x2

My construction job takes me all over SE wisconsin. So lets say I work 40 miles away. Averaging 10-15mph on a bike and starting work at 6:00a.m......DO THE MATH!! Plus...how am I supposed to carry all of my tools on my BMX or moped?

junk mx6 no rly
04-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Pork that is the dumbest sh!t I have read yet. So I am supposed to find another job because the CEO of Exxon made 93 million in salary last year and 186million when he retires next year. Fu(k that! And dont tell me that other countries pay more, thats their issue not mine. FYI, He worked as CEO for 12 years....that is horsesh!t. Every gas exec is making millions while we line their pockets and you can honestly sit there and say to someone else to take a bus or ride their bike. True there is nothing we do about it but you dont have to like taking it in a$$. BTW, I bet if enough people actually did something besides bit(h, something might change..

yeah but its easier to just complain about it look at last time they id this it was like 310 but then they kept it there for like 2 weeks then brought it back down,to like 240 and every one was happy eventhough it never used to be that high.I think they just raise the **** out of the price and then bring it back down to higher than it was just so ppl are liek well at least its not 2345234234 a gallon anymore so then there happy pay 2.90 a gallon.

oh yeah and the 22cents a gallon thing in venuzuela you think about how much they average person makes an hour there. :alcoholic

STEALTHZR2
04-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Last night I paid $3.19 for premium gas in the Silverado. :crying :crying

Lash
04-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Damn...you gotta put premium in the silverado?

STEALTHZR2
04-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Damn...you gotta put premium in the silverado?
Yes ever since I put a different motor in. GM crate motor ZZ383. With other bells and whistles :devil

Lash
04-23-2006, 11:55 AM
AHHHHHH!!!!!! :thumbsup

A B4C Z
04-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Gas is gas you got to pay for it. It hasnt stopped me from going anywhere yet. I have a cavalier that gets 29mpg and the camaro that was getting 17 last year. So take the camaro out when you want enjoy it and have fun. And if I go anywhere else i usally take the cavi anyway so its really not that big of deal. If gas is really that big of a deal to all of us then why are we modding our cars? USALLY it will only get you worse milage. If you dont like the prices sell your car and get a honda civic 5 speed my firend has a 94 hatch 5 speed that gets 40+ all day long. The car only costed him 3500 and that was a mint AZ car. Quit the bitching and suck it up. We have to pay for it, you have to get work theres not much we can do about it.

Yooformula
04-23-2006, 01:03 PM
I usually find that people with homes and budgets get annoyed by the prices of gas. Its easy to say suck it up but when you dont see an end in sight and the rate of pay doest usually go up as fast, it begins to sting a bit. The part that sucks is the UNECESSARY price increases. There is no shortage, its a matter of more profits for the big oil compaines plain and simple. The attitude of "just suck it up and pay" is what allows politicians to get away with what they are doing.

pOrk
04-23-2006, 02:07 PM

Well here you are bitching about it instead of doing something about it, so their that logic shoots RIGHT out the window. So because somebody else is doing well, they should lower gas prices so YOU dont have more? Complaining about it isnt gonna do shiiiit

Yooformula
04-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Well here you are bitching about it instead of doing something about it, so their that logic shoots RIGHT out the window. So because somebody else is doing well, they should lower gas prices so YOU dont have more? Complaining about it isnt gonna do shiiiit

I didnt start the thread bitching about it. I responded to your statements about riding a bike to work or getting a different job so your retort is shot right out the window. I backed up my statement by pointing out what their ceo made last year. Again why should so many people be forced into something just for the gready to line their pockets. Its not just ME that has to pay more einstein. I know nothing will get done as long as people continue to sit and take it but simply accepting it isnt gonna do shiiit either. :thumbsup Next?

Nick
04-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Talked to my friend again who live in California. They confirmed the over $4.00/gal prices.

Silver03SRT
04-23-2006, 06:59 PM
It is rediculous at how much these oil companies are profiting from this. What can we do to stop these big oil companies. Nothing. They got us by the nuts and they know it.

87SleeperGN
04-24-2006, 10:19 AM
yay plan on entering Europes gas market!(friggin rip)

Nix
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Talked to my friend again who live in California. They confirmed the over $4.00/gal prices.

See... :durr

animal
04-24-2006, 10:37 AM
With all this in mind, I still can't wait to start my "cheer on the hurricanes" thread this year.

:banana :banana :banana :headbang :headbang

wikked
04-24-2006, 11:46 AM
As of April 10, drivers in the Netherlands were paying the equivalent of about $6.73 a gallon at the pump. The gas itself cost $2.61; the rest — $4.12 — represented tax. That’s a 158 percent tax. By comparison, the U.S. has the lowest tax on gasoline of any industrialized country: about 15 percent at current prices.

on the other side of the coin...

The cheapest places to top off, not surprisingly, are in countries that produce the most oil. In Iraq, until recently, pump prices were capped at 10 cents a gallon. Prices have recently risen to nearly 40 cents a gallon — still a bargain compared to the U.S. Iran also keeps pump prices low — less than 35 cents a gallon, according to a recent Reuters survey.

But for a real bargain, drive on down to Venezuela, where President Hugo Chavez has made a name for himself lately by delivering heating fuel to low-income American families at bargain prices. In Venezuela, you’ll pay just 12 cents a gallon to fill your tank.

must be nice!

jbiscuit
04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
If you think is bad, you better buckle up. Its ONLY going to get worse. On CNN last week they were saying it could be unlikely that gas will be below $3/gallon after this summer ever again. $3 is nothing. Wait till sept when its $3.75/gallon

pOrk
04-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Well, yall can ***** about it all you want. There isnt a damn thing to do about it, so quit crying and suck it up.

Nix
04-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, yall can ***** about it all you want. There isnt a damn thing to do about it, so quit crying and suck it up.

I gotta say pork that I always enjoyed reading your posts/threads and I always thought you seemed like a pretty decent fella, until now. The whole point of having boards such as BCM is to give your opnion, which you are also doing. But with the quote above its just crap. Iam sure you understand what I am saying here.

pOrk
04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
I gotta say pork that I always enjoyed reading your posts/threads and I always thought you seemed like a pretty decent fella, until now. The whole point of having boards such as BCM is to give your opnion, which you are also doing. But with the quote above its just crap. Iam sure you understand what I am saying here.

I am just sick of reading it on every forum I post on, no matter WHAT you say everyone bitches because the prices are going up. Its just aggravating as hell. I dont like paying high prices either, but no point in complaining about it because nothing will change until Bush and Cheney take their hands out of each others pants

STKMACH
04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I usually find that people with homes and budgets get annoyed by the prices of gas. Its easy to say suck it up but when you dont see an end in sight and the rate of pay doest usually go up as fast, it begins to sting a bit. The part that sucks is the UNECESSARY price increases. There is no shortage, its a matter of more profits for the big oil compaines plain and simple. The attitude of "just suck it up and pay" is what allows politicians to get away with what they are doing. I agree with you 100%.

pOrk
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
I agree with you too, Yoo. I didn't see your post first time around. Wether or not it is right for them to do it, we have no choice. We all need gasoline, maybe not need but depend on it and there aint a thing we can do about it. Everyone in America hates it, its nut just us few people on brew city muscle.

animal
04-24-2006, 04:38 PM
I gotta say pork that I always enjoyed reading your posts/threads and I always thought you seemed like a pretty decent fella, until now.

Join the club. I've had him on my ignore list since I discovered the ignore list feature.

pOrk
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Join the club. I've had him on my ignore list since I discovered the ignore list feature.

:rolf

Silver03SRT
04-24-2006, 05:26 PM
When all else fails blame Bush. That is the most ignorant thing you can say. Everyone has high gas prices. Bush doesnt set the price of oil. So how can you even say its him. Just because he is invested in it doesnt mean he sets it. Maybe you should invest in oil companies and then we could blame you. If Kerry were in the office would you still say its Bush's fault??? I think not.

WhiteZCamaro
04-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey silver03srt what kind of miliage do you get in that because im looking at tradeing my my jeep in for one thanks Jason

Silver03SRT
04-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I get anywhre from 20 to 25. When I drive up north I average 30 though. If you are looking for a new one I know of a brand new 04 eblue one. Its up north and has been sitting there for 2 years now. No one wants a car like that up there. Good luck.

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
04-25-2006, 12:18 AM
lets see ya put an oil man in charge of the country and gas gose thru the roof DUH!
BUSH Chaney and Rumsfeld have been together in the oil biz since the early 80's
I think I'm moving to the Yukon. Isolation = peace

TurboAWD2.0
04-25-2006, 02:15 AM
I was contemplating the effects of gas prices on pizza delivery...

Before tips
Average mpg = 26
mileage comp = $0.10/mile
cost/mile = $0.02

Tips
tip$/mile = $0.50
gross $/gallon = $13
net $/gallon = $12.98

When gas prices hit $4.00/gallon, my average profit will drop about 8%.

The catch is that when somebody stiffs on a tip, I sometimes complain. Half the time, they whine back "but you charged us $1.50 for delivery." I'll tell them the truth, "the boss gets most of the money and I only get paid by the mile. W/o the tip, I lose money."

They usually respond "but I don't need to tip" or "I gave more than %10."

I have to let them know that you tip waitstaff that way. I am not just walking around a restaurant, but also driving, maintaining, and feeding a vehicle. Drivers are supposed to be tipped more because we actually have major overhead to deal with. Beyond that, I earn minimum wage.

I'm going to try to get the Ozaukee Guide to do a report on this issue. If I am lucky, I bet I can get tmj4 or fox6 on this one.

I was also thinking about calling into the radio stations. I bet I can 'throw a few rocks at hornet nests and get away unscathed!'

I SO hear you on this one. Who do you deliver for? I'm working for Papa John's in Germantown and it really blows when you drive 55 miles on deliveries and earn something like $18 in tips. If you have any luck with the media, I'll see if there is a way to do something similar around here, too.

Although, I haven't confronted a customer about stiffing me, yet... What do you do, haha, how does one word it?

pOrk
04-25-2006, 08:52 AM
When all else fails blame Bush. That is the most ignorant thing you can say. Everyone has high gas prices. Bush doesnt set the price of oil. So how can you even say its him. Just because he is invested in it doesnt mean he sets it. Maybe you should invest in oil companies and then we could blame you. If Kerry were in the office would you still say its Bush's fault??? I think not.

I dont like Kerry anymore then I like Bush. Everything you type recently seems to revolve around your assumptions.

Silver03SRT
04-25-2006, 05:10 PM
I dont like Kerry anymore then I like Bush. Everything you type recently seems to revolve around your assumptions.
Well everything is assupmtions because we will never know the truth. All I am saying is that just because Bush is involved in oil doesnt mean he is the reason behind high gas prices. You know that. If we want to drive then we have to pay for the gas. All I am saying is it sucks to pay 40 to fill up a neon. Could be worse I could have a truck and spend more than 75. I am glad that I didnt buy that Jeep Commander now.

pOrk
04-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Well everything is assupmtions because we will never know the truth. All I am saying is that just because Bush is involved in oil doesnt mean he is the reason behind high gas prices. You know that. If we want to drive then we have to pay for the gas. All I am saying is it sucks to pay 40 to fill up a neon. Could be worse I could have a truck and spend more than 75. I am glad that I didnt buy that Jeep Commander now.

I do know that, but it sure doesn't help. I dont like paying for gas either, but I am not going to pedal my ass around like I used to so I have no choice but to pay for it, yah know

Al
04-26-2006, 10:16 AM
I SO hear you on this one. Who do you deliver for? I'm working for Papa John's in Germantown and it really blows when you drive 55 miles on deliveries and earn something like $18 in tips. If you have any luck with the media, I'll see if there is a way to do something similar around here, too.

Although, I haven't confronted a customer about stiffing me, yet... What do you do, haha, how does one word it?

I work for Leonardos in Mequon.

I think that I should try to get some other delivery drivers I know from other places together. The reason for this is so that each of the major TV stations can be approached on the same day so that a fair portion of the populus will hear the same messege.

If I do not do that, I think I should at least approach Fox 6. They are #1 for Milwaukee, right?