PDA

View Full Version : Scan tool

WhiteZCamaro
04-20-2006, 05:10 PM
So does any one have a scan tool or know where to go cuz im throwing a code, needs to be for a obd 1. Its really hard to start and i need bigger injectors which i am ordering asap and i think im going to replace my opti because thats prolly on its way out....Thanks Jason

BAD LS1
04-20-2006, 05:34 PM
As a rule... longer than normal "crank to starts" are usually caused by a fuel issue, I.E. inadequate fuel psi at start up due to a bad psi regulator or something, check valves in pump shot and bleeds of static pressure too quick, Like buick ignition's on the turbo 3.8s cause a long crank to start, but i dont thin kthe opti is ****ed w/o other running problems that are obviously ignition related.

TransAm12sec
04-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Once I get an ALDL cable I should be able to do that. I won't be home for another month, however.

WhiteZCamaro
04-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah thanks guys i talked to you about it a little bit tom so im just going to get order a pressure regulator and injectors then it should be fun to drive agian :burnout

MurphysLaw88GT
04-21-2006, 08:09 PM
speaking of tool, jason, you are a tool LOL!

Firefighter Z
04-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Mine takes for ever to start, have to prime it a few times but its been like that for 3 years now with out no problems.

Probably need a new regulator cause after awhile my pressure in the fuel lines is gone.