PDA

View Full Version : car dealership folks

theavenger333
04-17-2006, 03:48 PM
hey guys, my dad is going to be buying a new truck this week probably, he's looking for a Colorado, extended cab with the full size box. 2wd, 4wd doesn't technically matter, nor does the trim line. he'd prefer a more basic truck, but seeings how even the "base" model colorados come with most everything, its no big deal. basically he wants and or needs, Cruise, A/C, power locks. a 4wd model is preffered. under or around 30k on the clock. color, he REALLY does not want Red or White. he's approved for a loan capable of a brand new, ordered model, but i thought i'd see if anyone has anything around, or if a salesman wants to make some money off this. if he buys a brand new truck, we priced it out at Holtz, it was a 2006 Colorado EXT Cab 4wd Truck. the ordered price was 21k. auto, the I5, had a hitch. basically we're looking to get him into a truck within the next 2 weeks. he will have his 95 1500 W/T, v6, base model with 120k on the clock for trade, which should be around 1000-1500 value. just putting out a feeler to see what anyone has..

Crawlin
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I don't have anything used in a Colorado. Nor am I a salesperson at Heiser, but I can get you a good price. I'm one of the sales managers here. I REALLY hate offering up THIS type of service on Andy's board since I'm not a "supporting vendor". I can say that anything they can do, other chevrolet dealerships can do. Heiser has a 10year/100,000mile warranty on new vehicles, so if h's gonna keep it, it's a powertrain warranty that covers alot. There's only $1000 rebate on them right now, so if he orders it, the rebates will probably only go UP, so he's not losing anything.

I do have an 05 extended cab brand new 4wd, auto, 3.5L, can put a hitch on, LS package, etc.., but it's white so nevermind. I got Brandon from this board his Duramax and gonna hook JUNK's dad up with an Impala SS, and Mike/RedGSX's dad up with a used Z06.

And he doesn't have to order it, we could dealer trade for anything he wants, I got two stores.

(Sorry Andy, Yoosof, and Brandon... he asked)

Slow Joe
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't have any used Colorados around here... Got some new ones though... :thumbsup

Actually, you'd mightas well work with Chris... :rolf Mayville is quite a drive, and I as well am not really a sales person here, but management instead... :goof

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Not to be the ass of the board but why the hell would anyone buy a colorado? Especially with GM's jacked up rediculous prices? You can buy a dakota for less then a colorado. Have more ground clearance, more power, and a FULLY BOXED frame. Not to mention a FACTORY 7/70 warranty.......not some dealers BS that is gonna require you to get EVER little service including oil changes done by them so it doesnt void there warranty. I used to be a die hard GM fan but the truth is, you need to look at what else is out there. Dodge trucks are truly the best bang for your buck right now and are built way better. I mean here is a comparison......ive seen some of those colorados going for almost 30K, im sure they go for even more. I paid 25,9K for my 4x4 Hemi Quad Cab SLT ram...... GM wonders why there company is in the shitter......especially saying things like the "07 tahoe will save this company" Not at 57K it wont.......youve got to be kidding. GM better unscrew themselves before they end up bankrupt. Dollar for dollar and for quality of build.....dodge and ford both build much better trucks and cars right now (with exception of the new vettes and other import manufacturers such as toyota and nissan) for a much better price.... GM is braggin about this new "Vortec Max" engine.....congrats to you GM......you FINALLY 4 years later built a engine to compete with the Hemi.....wow...... Then you go off and slap a insane ass sticker price on it. Here is a example.....there is a Vortec max quad cab with the trim level the same as my dodge at holtz chevy right now with a stick price of $41,499.00....are you f'n kidding me? You can get a Big horn edition laramie ram for 38K and that is with EVERYTHING!!!! Sorry I hijacked the thread.....just thought id throw in some more info and my feelings on GM's recent products.

Crawlin
04-17-2006, 05:18 PM
just as an FYI,

our warranty DOES NOT lock you in to our dealership for service. and it's good nationwide. hell we don't care if you get an oil change at jiffy lube.

07 Tahoe LTZ out on the lot $51k

don't know if your g/f that you said works there is like every other manager over at Holz spitting off bullshit about our warranty that we have to deal with every day :)

he asked, I answered. your not an ass, you just have a rant that is justified and that is fine. We dont' sell too many Colorado's cause the small truck market is non-existant.

Ram - 345/375
5.3L - 310/335

yep, lost out

the 6.0L that's been in the Silverado SS for 5 years(way to go Dodge for NOT beating them to the bunch) at 335/370 ;) in regards to "performance trucks"

ignoring the fact that most of the standard engines in there are the 4.7L V8 at 235 hp, which is just 10hp MORE than the I5 cylinder that gets better mileage than that Dakota

I'm not gonna get into a war on this one, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you just seem to be a Dodge man and that's fine. They did a good marketing job with the "HEMI"

Crawlin
04-17-2006, 05:28 PM
"In the first six months of 2005, that aging previous-generation Impala, in its last season before retirement, quietly outsold Chrysler's hot 300 sedan series by more than 50,000 units. "

that's gotta hurt...

"Chevy proudly points out that its 2005 Impala beat Honda's Accord, Nissan's Altima, Ford's Five Hundred and Chrysler's 300, and topped Toyota's Camry for the fifth straight year, in J. D. Power's 2005 Initial Quality Survey ratings"

I know this is gonna explode into a real debate and more bashing of the american brands compared to the japanese automakers. And I know that you are gonna call BS about the JD Power thing, but it's funny HOW many people point to that ONLY when it is in their favor. So now that it's not, people will call BS. Then again it's our parents own damn fault thinking they are worth $35/hour to put a dash in a car

Neal Steffek
04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Not to be the ass of the board but why the hell would anyone buy a colorado? Especially with GM's jacked up rediculous prices? You can buy a dakota for less then a colorado. Have more ground clearance, more power, and a FULLY BOXED frame. Not to mention a FACTORY 7/70 warranty.......not some dealers BS that is gonna require you to get EVER little service including oil changes done by them so it doesnt void there warranty. I used to be a die hard GM fan but the truth is, you need to look at what else is out there. Dodge trucks are truly the best bang for your buck right now and are built way better. I mean here is a comparison......ive seen some of those colorados going for almost 30K, im sure they go for even more. I paid 25,9K for my 4x4 Hemi Quad Cab SLT ram...... GM wonders why there company is in the shitter......especially saying things like the "07 tahoe will save this company" Not at 57K it wont.......youve got to be kidding. GM better unscrew themselves before they end up bankrupt. Dollar for dollar and for quality of build.....dodge and ford both build much better trucks and cars right now (with exception of the new vettes and other import manufacturers such as toyota and nissan) for a much better price.... GM is braggin about this new "Vortec Max" engine.....congrats to you GM......you FINALLY 4 years later built a engine to compete with the Hemi.....wow...... Then you go off and slap a insane ass sticker price on it. Here is a example.....there is a Vortec max quad cab with the trim level the same as my dodge at holtz chevy right now with a stick price of $41,499.00....are you f'n kidding me? You can get a Big horn edition laramie ram for 38K and that is with EVERYTHING!!!! Sorry I hijacked the thread.....just thought id throw in some more info and my feelings on GM's recent products.

I gotta agree. No way would I ever purchase a new car from a GM dealer ever again. Talk about getting it in the ass. If I ever wanted service work done (and I purchased the extra better warrenty) I had to taker it to THEIR dealership and pay for it. Then I would have to send in all the paper work to have it aproved and wait for a check in the mail. GM dealers can eat a ****.

Neal Steffek
04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
"In the first six months of 2005, that aging previous-generation Impala, in its last season before retirement, quietly outsold Chrysler's hot 300 sedan series by more than 50,000 units. "

that's gotta hurt...

"Chevy proudly points out that its 2005 Impala beat Honda's Accord, Nissan's Altima, Ford's Five Hundred and Chrysler's 300, and topped Toyota's Camry for the fifth straight year, in J. D. Power's 2005 Initial Quality Survey ratings"

I know this is gonna explode into a real debate and more bashing of the american brands compared to the japanese automakers. And I know that you are gonna call BS about the JD Power thing, but it's funny HOW many people point to that ONLY when it is in their favor. So now that it's not, people will call BS. Then again it's our parents own damn fault thinking they are worth $35/hour to put a dash in a car

The reason so many Impalas were sold is because there were a million of them sold for cop cars and rental cars. Not so many sold at dealerships. :rolf

theavenger333
04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
get the hell out of this thread with your worthless crap Jargon of GM versus chrysler vs ford vs whomever else u want. we've had 5 GM trucks now, only ONE ever had problems. not to mention Dakotas are rattle traps, and NOT in the size class my dad wants. i couldn't give a crap about what you think, hence why i didnt ASK. get out of my thread

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 06:08 PM
You are comparing appples to oranges in this catergory.....let me tell you way.

Quote from CrawlinZ "the 6.0L that's been in the Silverado SS for 5 years(way to go Dodge for NOT beating them to the bunch) at 335/370 in regards to "performance trucks"

The 5.7 Hemi is rated at 345/390.....so that already beats that out......guess you should have known the numbers first. Second......that is in the regular hemi trucks... You want to compare sport trucks? Look at the srt-10 ram.....510hp, granted its about 10K more then a silverado SS......but better engineered.

As far as your warranty.....my appoligies.....most dealers ive seen that offer that are dealer specific but id be willing that you MUST pay a deductable to get that warranty unlike dodges 7/70 factory powertrain.

Oh and as far as dakotas being rattletraps....i suggest you go test drive new one. They are rather nice. I will agree that the small truck market is non exhistent though.....why buy one when you can get a full size for the same price.....

Another quote from CrawlinZ:
"ignoring the fact that most of the standard engines in there are the 4.7L V8 at 235 hp, which is just 10hp MORE than the I5 cylinder that gets better mileage than that Dakota"

This is true but look at the torque curve between the two engines and the rated towing capacities....... Id go with the dakota in a heartbeat.

OH and as far as HOltz talking **** about heiser.....umm......have you looked at there sales numbers compared to yours? Yeah.....thats all i have to say about that......defend how you will.....they sell ALOT more.....obviously there doing somthign right.........

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Chevrolet will be lucky to be in business in 10 years....... Thats my point..... Dont want to take my word for it.....look at there sales numbers and there stocks..... I dont wish to bash GM as I used to be loyal to them.....but there really screwing up.

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh and the dakotas are in the same size class as the colorado for your information......

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 06:24 PM
get the hell out of this thread with your worthless crap Jargon of GM versus chrysler vs ford vs whomever else u want. we've had 5 GM trucks now, only ONE ever had problems. not to mention Dakotas are rattle traps, and NOT in the size class my dad wants. i couldn't give a crap about what you think, hence why i didnt ASK. get out of my thread

Im just trying to help you not make a mistake, so much hostility. Tell ya what...you can take a long walk off a short pier and take that 14 sec gtp of yours and shove it up your ass. People try to help with GOOD information and they get slapped in the face. Go ahead and buy that Colorado and when you get stuck not being able to accelerate above 60mph up a hill with a load just sit back and remember what I told you, slap yourself in the face, and call yourself a moron. I hate people that are closed mined, I am not biased towards one type of truck. All makes have there redeeming qualities. GM just doesnt have many anymore. They have the allison tranny, ford has the dual boxed full frame, dodge has the dana axles and the cummins diesel, everyone has somthing to offer, just have to decide what is more important. Me personally, ill take the full frame, bulletproof engine, bulletproff transfer case, bullitproof axles and unproven transmission with a awesome warranty.....

Lash
04-17-2006, 06:33 PM
:popcorn

VroomPshhTsi
04-17-2006, 06:56 PM
My dad bought a Colorado last year. I'm not a truck guy so I don't know much about which one is best. All I know is that the Colorado seems to work fine, it's a smaller truck so obviously my dad wanted to have something that got decent mpg and he doesn't really tow any extremely large loads.

Lash
04-17-2006, 07:11 PM
My dads 4x4 crew cab rado tows his 14' boat like it's not even there....up hills accelerating over 60mph and everything ;)

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 07:20 PM
14' boat isnt exactly heavy.......mabey 3K with trailer.........and thats if its a fiberglass boat......

MoreTorque
04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Chris got me a CRAZY price on my truck last year. Trade in value on the truck right now is more than what I paid for it new last year.

I just chose avoid all of the weak ass gas engines and bought a diesel :) Unfortunately the Colorado doesn't have that option though.

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 07:33 PM
My next truck will be CTD powered.....unless Chevy gets a real diesel builder with a solid rep to build there engines and adds a boxed frame with a great warranty. The V-8 Diesel is stupid, to much reciprocating mass.. As far as im concerned all chevy has going for them is that tranny. Allison's are the ****.... If i could get a truck with the dodge body, CTD engine, ford frame, allison tranny, and dana axles.......that would be awesome......they should all come together and build a awesome truck. For 07 the CTD is rated for 700ft/lbs.........BEAST!!!!!!

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 07:35 PM
oh, and whats up with running IFS in a 3/4 ton.......Have you ever seen how EASY IFS breaks? They need to go back to solid axles like everyone else. CV front end may ride smoother but it gives up strenght wich is what a 3/4 - 1 ton is for.....if you want a cushy ride get a caddy........not a truck.

MoreTorque
04-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Where did you find the info on the 2007 CTD? The rating of the new 6.7L CTD on the 2007 3500 Chassis cab is 305hp/610tq.

I've owned Dodge, Ford, and Chevy 3/4 and 1 ton diesel trucks in the past few years. The Ford with the 7.3L Powerstroke was my favorite.

The allison is kind of strange actually. I liked how the 47RE in my 1999 3/4 Ton CTD Ram shifted, but it was a weak POS.

I like my V8 diesel. I don't tow or haul much really, but I am a diesel guy. The Duramax is proving to be very reliable and the aftermarket is HUGE! EFI Live anyone? :)

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 07:54 PM
I will agree that it is a VERY potent engine and that they currently offer a 650ft/lb version that beats the CTD 610ft/lb engine. The 700ft/lb engine information release was out a few months ago. Goto the "dodgetalk.com" forum and look it up. I am personally a fan of the inline diesels....they have been around longer and have proven themselves time and time again. Almost ALL big rigs are inline engines. I have a question though. Is yours a 4x4? And Why do you have a Diesel if you dont haul anything?

MoreTorque
04-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Mine is a 4x4. Like I said... im a diesel guy. It is just more enjoyable for me to drive.... not to mention fun to modify. I would have bought a 1/2 ton, but they don't offer a diesel with those.

97PontiacW68
04-17-2006, 07:56 PM
turbo diesels are nice i wouldnt mind gettin my hands on one of those (:

Grim_Reeper7.0
04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Fair enough... I bought my 1/2 ton hemi because i had some incentives coming to me from GS Motorsports for the Hemi that made it EXTREMELY fun. I wanted a Diesel myself and my next truck will definilty be one.

Lash
04-17-2006, 08:59 PM
14' boat isnt exactly heavy.......mabey 3K with trailer.........and thats if its a fiberglass boat......

Well...if your looking for a smaller pickup (like stated in the main post) i doubt your wanting to tow anything extremely heavy.

And as a side note...it has towed well over 3k with no problem ;)

The only thing I dont like about it is how close the gas a brake pedals are to eachother.

theavenger333
04-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Im just trying to help you not make a mistake, so much hostility. Tell ya what...you can take a long walk off a short pier and take that 14 sec gtp of yours and shove it up your ass. People try to help with GOOD information and they get slapped in the face. Go ahead and buy that Colorado and when you get stuck not being able to accelerate above 60mph up a hill with a load just sit back and remember what I told you, slap yourself in the face, and call yourself a moron. I hate people that are closed mined, I am not biased towards one type of truck. All makes have there redeeming qualities. GM just doesnt have many anymore. They have the allison tranny, ford has the dual boxed full frame, dodge has the dana axles and the cummins diesel, everyone has somthing to offer, just have to decide what is more important. Me personally, ill take the full frame, bulletproof engine, bulletproff transfer case, bullitproof axles and unproven transmission with a awesome warranty.....
GTP is long gone dipshit. your information was not valuable in any way shape or form, as my dad who is completely BRAND LOYAL does not want a dodge, nor a ford. for someone who "isn't brand loyal" you sure seem to swing from dodge's nuts. like i said, we've had more than a few chevys, with only ONE giving us trouble. i've driven a few colorados, one canyon, we pulled a trailer no problem. EVEN SO, my dad's 1500 with the 4.3 has nearly same same towing capacity of the colorado. only thing we pull frequently is a fishing boat, so again, i don't care. when he was still stuck on keeping a full size, i told him we should try out the other brands, but like i said, he wants a GM, so he's getting one. you have what, a Hemi dodge, right? congrats on overpaying drastically for the name "hemi". some people don't have 35k plus to drop on a truck. once again, thanks for goobering up my thread. have some respect, i'd value your opinion if i asked for it, but i did not. this thread is now what, 2 pages long? with 2 valuable posts.

Yooformula
04-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Steve asked that his thread get locked since the thread is way off the topic he needed. Any dealership types, please PM him if you have anything. Btw, Chris I didnt mind the posts, someone asked specifically for it and you responded not like you whored out yourself just for giggles.