PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 2000-ish Blazer caliper bolts(strange request)

PB86MCSS
04-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Looking for a single bolt that holds the caliper to the spindle on a 2000 S-10/Blazer with dual piston calipers. Very large diameter and not found at an auto parts store...couldn't find one today at Home Depot either. Rather not spend more than I have to at a dealer and I can't get to a yard until Saturday and I need just one bolt! :D.

Shot in the dark but if anyone has spare calipers I could snag a bolt from, or another GM application that shares the same bolts perhaps(2" long, 14mm/5." diameter, coarse thread).

Car Guy
04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
That sounds so familiar, I was looking for the same thing awhile back. Ended up just ordering it from the dealer, calling a 'junkyard' was worthless and a waste of time......

PB86MCSS
04-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I know Al's in Franklin has a few 2000 or so Blazer/Bravadas with the same calipers so I can yank a few bolts for nothing, but I won't be able to get there until Saturday, most likely. I will try a hardware store tommorow just in case something matches up.

Car Guy
04-16-2006, 08:02 PM
When I called about one they said "we don't sell those" and I tried every hardware store in town, nothing matched......

PB86MCSS
04-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Went to Ace and found an exact match, not in color but in fit...not that I show off the backside of my calipers anyways :).

For those kind of parts, I'd go to a pick-a-part like Al's, so you know you're getting the right item and can get a handful ;).

Car Guy
04-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Which ACE did you go to and what do you mean by different color......?

PB86MCSS
04-18-2006, 10:37 AM
The ACE in Hales Corners/Franklin right off Janesville Road before entering Muskego.

Bolt is identical in function(size/thread/length), just not an exact match as far as head size, color, etc....minor things.