PDA

View Full Version : Any UFC fans??

SlowStee
04-15-2006, 02:34 AM
I wanna see the UFC 59 PPV event sooo bad tomorrow!

Is anyone ordering it?

Yooformula
04-15-2006, 02:53 AM
I am ordering it at the inlaws tomorrow night, it looks to be bada$$!!! I cant wait!

srt4eh
04-15-2006, 09:20 AM
i wanna order it too....hmmm

MrBigShot
04-15-2006, 11:14 AM
I can't wait !!!!!!!!

Lash
04-15-2006, 12:08 PM
I wont be home!!! I've seen every event for about the last 1.5-2 years. :( Post results please!!!!

Arlovski better win!!!!

Griffin vs. Ortiz......thats a tough one.

Diaz vs. Sherk I hate Diaz and always hope he gets his ass beat...but he might win this one.

My two other pics to win..

Tanner
Terrell

SlowStee
04-15-2006, 12:17 PM
I wont be home!!! I've seen every event for about the last 1.5-2 years. :( Post results please!!!!

Arlovski better win!!!!

Griffin vs. Ortiz......thats a tough one.

Diaz vs. Sherk I hate Diaz and always hope he gets his ass beat...but he might win this one.

My two other pics to win..

Tanner
Terrell

I dont think ill be around either :(

I really think Arlovsk will win, and the Tito vs Forest match is the match I reeeeaaaalllly wanted to see!

Josepy
04-15-2006, 01:30 PM
my buddy is renting it and taping it for me. love ufc

Lash
04-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Got to see the fights after all. AMAZING fight between Arlovski and Sylvia. After Arlovski knocked Sylvia down I though it was over...almost the EXACT same punch as the first fight. 2 seconds later Arlovski is on the ground (after nearly being knocked out by an uppercut) taking punches to the side of the head. Ref stopage....Sylvia wins in the 1st round!!!

Rest of the fights mostly sucked...boring as hell. Tito dominated the first round with ground and pound bloodied up Forests face a little....round 2 Forest won with stand up. 3rd round Forest won most of it till Tito took him down at the end and won some points with a few elbows. Tito wins by decision.

Jeff Monson Vs. Marcio Cruz
Boring fight....Monson by decision.

Nick Diaz Vs. Sean Sherk
Boring fight...Sherk by decision. And of course..Diaz had the "it's a conspiracy agaist me" look on his face after the decision. He basically didnt do **** the whole fight.

Karo Parisyan Vs. Nick Thompson
Karo dominated...bluddied the hell out of Nicks face with crazy elbows. Fight stoped in the first round.

Evan Tanner Vs. Justin Levens
Tanner wins by submission.....it was Justins first fight in the UFC. Big task to go against tanner for your first fight.

Couple of the fights from on the card never happened.

Yooformula
04-16-2006, 12:24 AM
the fights took place just not televised according to ufc.tv . i couldnt get the fight here but i just read up on it. I was impatiently waiting for results all night, glad Slyvia got the win and I dont know if I like Tito beating out Forest but oh well, he will come back better.

Monson is kinda dissapointing considering how massive and strong that guy is and his background in mma and grapling/submission. His fights never look tough for all his has to work with.

ThatWhiteCivic
04-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah I must say I thought Sylvia was DUN after the hit from Arlovski rocked him but the man somehow got up and managed to catch Arlovski dead on the chin knocking him out!!! Great fight

SlowStee
04-16-2006, 07:24 PM
I still cant believe that fat **** won :chair:

Knyghtmare
04-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Hmmmm, if I wanted to see guys hugging while trying to pound their asses I'd watch Brokeback Montain again. :D

SlowStee
04-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Hmmmm, if I wanted to see guys hugging while trying to pound their asses I'd watch Brokeback Montain again. :D
HAH.....badass MMA + wicked ass grappling > your life

:thumbsup

Knyghtmare
04-16-2006, 09:04 PM

Hahaha :durr :chair:

Lash
04-16-2006, 09:12 PM

x2

:banana1:

SlowStee
04-17-2006, 01:05 AM
someone make me understand how this loss could happen :(

http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&s=A5EA890C-1422-0E8C-3479D37F76C1B743.jpg&cs=1

VroomPshhTsi
04-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Well it seems Sylvia had a better chin, he took a good shot from Arlovski then got back up and Arlovski couldn't handle Sylvia's hit. It's not that much of an upset if you ask me, seeing that Sylvia kicks ass. By the way, he's far from a fatass. It's UFC, not a modeling competition, the best FIGHTER wins not the best looking guy.

Yooformula
04-17-2006, 10:23 AM
DAMMMMM! Thats a handbreaker right there. I cant believe Slyvia got up from a direct hit like that. Props to Sylvia although I wanted to see Arlovski win it.

SlowStee
04-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Well it seems Sylvia had a better chin, he took a good shot from Arlovski then got back up and Arlovski couldn't handle Sylvia's hit. It's not that much of an upset if you ask me, seeing that Sylvia kicks ass. By the way, he's far from a fatass. It's UFC, not a modeling competition, the best FIGHTER wins not the best looking guy.
I look at sylvia and seriously wonder how he can keep up with the training those UFC guys go through :confused

VroomPshhTsi
04-17-2006, 01:12 PM
It is a little weird at times to see someone that's nowhere near as cut as their opponent but still take them out. Take Liddell for example, he has fought guys that were much more ripped than him but because he can take a shot to the chin and remain standing he's the current title holder.

Any predictions on Royce Gracie vs. Matt Hughes?

ThatWhiteCivic
04-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Hughes is going to put Gracie on his ass.. I respect the man and he is still undefeted in the octagon, but I think it's past his time. Hughes will be the winner in this bout

Lash
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Well..the one thing that people dont realize is that Gracie has been fighting outside of UFC. So it's not like he hasn't fought in a while.

It's kinda hard to say...neither one of them have ever fought anybody quite like eachother.

Hughes will probably win though...anything can happen though.

Lash
04-17-2006, 02:44 PM
someone make me understand how this loss could happen :(

http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&s=A5EA890C-1422-0E8C-3479D37F76C1B743.jpg&cs=1

No ****. If you watch the figh Arlovski pauses for just a second after he hit Sylvia (kind of like a "I cant believe I caught him with that AGAIN" pause). But that pause was just enough to give Sylvia a little extra movement and didn't allow Arlovski jump on him like he did in the first fight.

Yooformula
04-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I think Hughes will tapout again....I hope not but he hasnt faced a fighter like Gracie before.

Lash
04-17-2006, 09:11 PM
I think Hughes will tapout again....I hope not but he hasnt faced a fighter like Gracie before.

Well....a small part of me wants Hughes to get beat. Sometimes I just cant stand his attitude. But I guess you have to have an "I'm BIG ****" attitude when you fight for a living. But he is the champ for a reason.

Also..how about GSP and hughes? Wonder when they're gonna schedule that one.

Yooformula
04-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I think we may have to have UFC night for the upcoming payperview.

SlowStee
04-17-2006, 10:43 PM
I think we may have to have UFC night for the upcoming payperview.
lets make it happen :thumbsup