PDA

View Full Version : Quadrevion & Purvis found...

wikked
04-15-2006, 01:47 AM
:stare

{Milwaukee) Milwaukee Police Chief Nan Hegerty said Friday night a child's body was found in a lagoon in McGovern Park on the city's north side. Less than an hour later, Milwaukee Police said a second body had been found in the lagoon. Early Saturday morning, Hegerty said the second body was also that of a child. Hegerty said the first body was clothed and had been in the lagoon for some time. Hegerty says two people walking through the park spotted the body floating in the water about 7:34 p.m. Friday evening. An autopsy will be done on both bodies Saturday morning. The area has been searched several times for two young Milwaukee boys that have been missing for over three weeks.

Probably going to get overshadowed by the Jude trial outcome.

SlowStee
04-15-2006, 01:50 AM
****'s sad man :(

slow85vette
04-15-2006, 06:24 AM
I heard last nite before I went to work that they found one body.

Question for anyone who has been following this: Didn't they search the lagoon way in the beginning? For some reason, I'm thinking that they did.

Pantera99GS
04-15-2006, 06:52 AM
They did search the lagoon many times- I dont know how big it is though?

I hope they catch whoever's responsible- bring back the death penalty.

Rocket Power
04-15-2006, 08:49 AM
They mentioned on the news that there was still ice on part of it til recently.

theavenger333
04-15-2006, 03:48 PM
they did check and drudge the whole lagoon, and its not a very big one.....

fireguyrick
04-15-2006, 03:55 PM
They also said that there is tons of **** in the lagoon, like BBQ's, appliances, etc...

Rick

awsomeears
04-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Now the public is waiting on HOW they died, im not looking forward to it. NO way in hell did they fall in it and Both down.

I hope whoever took there life is found.

Holeshot
04-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Sad that this happened.......Just another failure on the MPD dive team who had been in the pond several times before. Milwaukee has the worst police dept I have ever seen.

wikked
04-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Update:

Milwaukee Police Chief Nannette Hegerty said at a news conference this afternoon that Quadrevion Henning and Purvis Virginia Parker drowned and that no evidence of foul play was found.

Purvis , 11, and Quadrevion, 12, disappeared the afternoon of March 19 after they asked Quadrevion's grandfather whether they could play basketball at the nearby park.

The bodies were found in the park lagoon Friday.

A medical examiner said autopsy results indicated that the deaths were consistent with an accidental drowning, and there was no evidence of injury or foul play.

fireguyrick
04-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Sad that this happened.......Just another failure on the MPD dive team who had been in the pond several times before. Milwaukee has the worst police dept I have ever seen.

Off topic, but..Have you EVER performed a search and rescue operation underwater/in water? I doubt it.

I have though, and it is NOT as easy as one thinks. A vast majority of ponds, lakes, rivers, etc in this state have like 2 feet of visibility when you are using a light. Now, if the bottom of this pond is much covered, that makes it much much worse.

It is sad that this happened, but maybe before you make statements about the competency of the joing FIRE and POLICE dive teams you should understand exactly what happens.

Rick

Lil' Five Seven
04-15-2006, 06:13 PM
it's so sad :(

Knyghtmare
04-15-2006, 06:52 PM
One of them fell in the pond, probably because they lost the basketball over the ice and when one went to get it he fell through and the other tried to save him and fell through. Its a tragic end to a young life.

Al
04-15-2006, 10:20 PM
At least there was no foul play.

In regards to the Mil Cops not being good, I think the real issue is that Milwaukee sucks and the cops do not have the numerical advantage needed to quell the transgression.

Good news: 90 new cops

Holeshot
04-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Off topic, but..Have you EVER performed a search and rescue operation underwater/in water? I doubt it.

I have though, and it is NOT as easy as one thinks. A vast majority of ponds, lakes, rivers, etc in this state have like 2 feet of visibility when you are using a light. Now, if the bottom of this pond is much covered, that makes it much much worse.

It is sad that this happened, but maybe before you make statements about the competency of the joing FIRE and POLICE dive teams you should understand exactly what happens.

Rick
I was a volunteer Fire fighter/ First responder for the Stockbridge Indians from 1996 to 2000 when I lived in Shawano county. So yes I have been involved in water rescue.

I do understand the difficulties involved. So don't you shake your finger at me in judgement please.

The pond should have been dredged, Thats all I really meant. Sorry I ruffled your feathers.

68RR440
04-16-2006, 07:36 AM
They also said that there is tons of **** in the lagoon, like BBQ's, appliances, etc...

Rick
I lived in that nieghborhood for 20+ years, McGovern is one of the biggest sh!t-hole parks around, it's been a mess as long as I can remember...

awsomeears
04-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Update:

Milwaukee Police Chief Nannette Hegerty said at a news conference this afternoon that Quadrevion Henning and Purvis Virginia Parker drowned and that no evidence of foul play was found.

Purvis , 11, and Quadrevion, 12, disappeared the afternoon of March 19 after they asked Quadrevion's grandfather whether they could play basketball at the nearby park.

The bodies were found in the park lagoon Friday.

A medical examiner said autopsy results indicated that the deaths were consistent with an accidental drowning, and there was no evidence of injury or foul play.

Wow, I guess I can eat my own foot now.

At least is was this, not some murder case. Both very bad things but you know what I mean.

T-Bag
04-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Good news: 90 new cops

The new class starts in the next couple of months.

fireguyrick
04-16-2006, 04:38 PM
I was a volunteer Fire fighter/ First responder for the Stockbridge Indians from 1996 to 2000 when I lived in Shawano county. So yes I have been involved in water rescue.

I do understand the difficulties involved. So don't you shake your finger at me in judgement please.

The pond should have been dredged, Thats all I really meant. Sorry I ruffled your feathers.

Yet, it is ok to shake YOUR finger at MPD and MFD in judgement? :confused

But that is what I would expect from a FARKLE :goof

I guess I was merely saying is that few people understand the difficulties in underwater rescue. I have been under the ice enough times to get my feathers ruffled by people that don't seem to understand the mechanics of an undertaking of such magnitude. Though, you did say you were involved in water rescues. May I ask what type and in what role?

Oh yeah, I suppose I should clarify this, by the time the divers would have been to the lagoon the first time around, it was a recovery and not a rescue. Big difference in how much of an effort, and how many risks a person takes.

Rick

u_say_go
04-16-2006, 10:16 PM
I wouldnt point a finger at the dive team or fire department or the Milw. PD, they all did what they could to find the boys and came up short. They searched the lagoon twice and came up empty, it's possible the bodies were tangled in some of the garbage sitting at the bottom of the lagoon...who knows.
If any "good" came out of the discovery on Friday, it was that there was no foul play (kidnapping, or murder) and there is some sort of closure for the familes. As a parent I could not imagine the agony the parents of the two boys went thru this past month not knowing where their kids are.
There was a thin sheet of ice on the pond that day and kids being kids...i'm sure they tried walking on it and fell thru. Thats my guess. Damn shame though :(

ruhlahan
04-17-2006, 01:17 AM
I was told, they *guess* one kid fell through, and the other went in to save him. it didn't matter though, with the temp of the water beign what it was... 15 min in the water and the kids went in to hypothermia.

I've been on the fire dept here, and luckily, we don't do water rescues. its bad enough being a small town, where, every call you're worried its someone you know.