PDA

View Full Version : Cops not guilty...

68RR440
04-14-2006, 11:30 PM
I was shocked as the verdicts where read :wow , if they are not guilty, who beat the man 1/2 to death? :confused No justice.

quickcarl
04-15-2006, 12:17 AM
That was some bull $h!t if I ever seen it.
They had some good lawyers. They paid ,............. believe me. But they all got fired and I am sure that they will all be seen in the street and someone will recognize them and give them a taste of their own medicine :devil :flipoff2:

Anakonda69
04-15-2006, 01:09 AM
they work out at bally's on hawley road...me and my buddy have seen them there before

STKMACH
04-15-2006, 01:36 AM
That is some bullsh#t, Cops can get away with that crap. No justice

wikked
04-15-2006, 01:45 AM
wow yea... Boyle couldn't get Dahmer off the hook, but somehow he won this one? *crazy*

STKMACH
04-15-2006, 02:00 AM
wow yea... Boyle couldn't get Dahmer off the hook, but somehow he won this one? *crazy* Because they are cops, Were cops. And wow firing them just is not enough. If that was some 16 yr old kids they would of been up the creek w/o a paddle.

Crawlin
04-15-2006, 08:16 AM
"Rodney King, Rodney King, Rodney King"

"What the hell?"

"You know he was that one guy who got bat by the cops"

HAHAHA, 'Airheads' is a great movie

Rocket Power
04-15-2006, 08:48 AM
We watched them read the verdict last night. You could see the suprise on the judges face when he looked at it before it was read, so I figured at least one was getting off, suprised they all did. At least til they re-try the one guy.

JC70SS
04-15-2006, 09:02 AM
beat those dickless a-holes a good one. I'm sure they will be at Honeydip on the HWY one night

68RR440
04-15-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm real surpised there isn't more of an up-roar in the streets over this :confused
The Mayor even said the verdicts are bullsh!t, the feds are maybe going to try them for violating his (Frank Jude Jr's) civil rights.
WTF was that jury thinking? No doubt in my mind they where guilty, just look at the cocky pricks.
Some judicial system... :lame:

83ZL69
04-15-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm real surpised there isn't more of an up-roar in the streets over this :confused
The Mayor even said the verdicts are bullsh!t, the feds are maybe going to try them for violating his (Frank Jude Jr's) civil rights.
WTF was that jury thinking? No doubt in my mind they where guilty, just look at the cocky pricks.
Some judicial system... :lame:

I agree...just because there isn't an uproar yet, doesn't mean there's not gonna be one soon. The case was doomed in this town from the git-go anyways. I might be wrong, but I don't think so - if they WERE found guilty, I'd think that would open up the possibility of lawsuits against the city of Milwaukee.....since they were active duty officers when this happened - and representing the city...the city won't allow that, so the feds should have been involved from the start, and be involved in all of cases where the police overstep their authority. I'm originally from Cincinnati - so I've seen this scenario before...the police are so crooked down there, the feds set up a special "department" to monitor the police dept. - it's insane!

68RR440
04-15-2006, 10:41 AM
.....since they were active duty officers when this happened - and representing the city...

active duty officers? how do you mean that? active as in- they currently worked for the city at the time? because they where off-duty when the beating happened.

LIL EVO
04-15-2006, 10:43 AM
The jury was all white

Cryptic
04-15-2006, 10:53 AM
I stayed up till about midnight waiting for the verdict.

I can't believe they got off. Cops are not above the law, but today it sure seems like they are. :fire

83ZL69
04-15-2006, 11:23 AM
active duty officers? how do you mean that? active as in- they currently worked for the city at the time? because they where off-duty when the beating happened.

The officers were under oath to "uphold and protect" and were employed by the city at the time of the incident - that's all I meant...sorry.

But you have to consider - they can be called in at any time for civil unrest- even when they are off duty. More is/should be expected from them even when not in uniform. No way should this go unpunished - the guy certainly didn't kick his own *ss like that!

Not to change the subject, but it still p*sses me off every time I see the film where the cop shot the Iraq vet in Calif. I think- I'll admit the vet made a bad choice when it came to choosing friends - but that's all he was guilty of. And being hispanic. But at least the *ex-cop* was found guilty. Only because it was on tape...

Al
04-15-2006, 12:24 PM
But as bad as it is for the cops to be let off, our justice system is so lenient towards criminals that they can get away with alot more these days.

Overall, it is just easier to be found not-guilty due to petty things such as technicalities. Remember when the judge let that one guy go who was accused of rape because the girl was passed out when it happened and she could not remember it although his DNA was everywhere.

Lash
04-15-2006, 12:26 PM
This whole "not guilty" thing makes me sick......

and really scared of cops and our justice sytem.

What a joke.

HITMAN
04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I guess this verdict further proves that the the city of Milwaukee is probably only second to New Orleans in corrupt government. That jury was bought and paid for... :rolleyes:

Lash
04-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Well...supposedly this has gotten some attention from the federal court system and they are looking into this case.

97PontiacW68
04-15-2006, 01:54 PM
typical dirty milwaukee cops get off with a slap on the hand and thats it.. figures :rolleyes:

Holeshot
04-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Not Guilty!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just can't believe in this day in age that anyone could be found not guilty.
Now I know Mr Jude is a piece of crap for what he did to his mother but how can anyone be found innocent of beating the **** out of someone with all the proof thay had and walk away scott free?

Once again I am sad to live in Milwaukee County. I thought the days of Chief Brier we long gone...

68RR440
04-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Well...supposedly this has gotten some attention from the federal court system and they are looking into this case.

After the verdict was read, the Mayor, who was pissed, said he already talked to the U.S. Attorney about trying the 3 for violating Jude's civil rights. I would rather see them go to a state prison, where they could have daily contact with guys they sent there, that could get very interesting :stare , federal prisons are like plush hotels, assuming they would even get prison time from a federal judge, more than likely just a hefty fine :rolleyes:
I'm losing faith in "our" system :flipoff2:

Knyghtmare
04-15-2006, 04:19 PM
What the officers did was wrong and couldnt ever be forgiven. Alot of alcohol and testosterone made for a bad mix. BUT...

Everyone seems to forget the fact that Jude shouldnt have even been there and especially shoudlnt have been trying to steal an officers badge.

Yes, the officers made a terribly wrong choice to beat the piss out of him. Granted they could have just kicked him out or pressed charges, but if he wouldnt have tried to steal or have even been there then this wouldnt have even happend and the lives of the cops and Jude wouldnt have been ruined. Dont get me wrong, I am definatly not defending them in any way.

I cant make the call on if they were guilty as I wasnt a part of the jury, but I just dont think everyone should forget thet Jude isnt exactly "innocent". No I am not blamming him for everything, just spreading the blame out for a wider prospective.

Thats just my opinion. I dont think there is a "good guy" or an "innocent" person in this case at all and I am not defending anyone. Everyone involved made bad choices and should be punished accordingly. Obviously, Jude got his, be it as unfortunate for him as it was.

Yooformula
04-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I see where it was wrong for the crap verdict they dealt but I dont feel bad for the a$$ whiping Jude got. He was/is a piece of garbage, he got his just dessert in a different manner thats all. I would rather see hodlums like him beat down like that than spend a cushy day in jail on taxpayers bill. Why is anyone surpised anyway???? OJ got off didnt he? Now before anyone gets their undies in a pinch over my statements, I will clarify I cant believe they werent found guilty there is obviously something twisted there BUT KARMA BIT HIS A$$ GOOD IMO.

Side question, I dont know all of the details but I hear charges of racial issues on the jury because they were all white. What should his jury poll consist of? Didnt BOTH lawyers have to agree on the jury in the first place?

Cjburn
04-15-2006, 05:13 PM
The last two potential jurists who were African American were disqualified from the jury pool when they weren't really paying attention during the questioning round of jury selection, according a newspaper article I read.

Holeshot
04-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I hope the feds get it right!!

Big Boost
04-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote:
"active duty officers? how do you mean that? active as in- they currently worked for the city at the time? because they where off-duty when the beating happened."

The officers were off duty at the party. They became "active" when they responded to the Jude situation. Because alcohol was involved and impaired their decision making process, they shouldn't have involved themselves in that scenario.

As far as the claim that Jude stole an officers badge, remember that the Judge ruled that there was no badge found or recorded stolen. That's a non issue.

What's messed up is no matter what race you are, the MPD are above the law and you are at their mercy at any time.

That's fu(ked up.

Knyghtmare
04-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Of course the Judge ruled it out. He wanted to make an example out of the officers most of all, along with the pressure from the Mayor and the DA's office, ect. Obviously there was something that pushed the Jury to rule the virdict that they did.

Al
04-15-2006, 10:08 PM
I read the MJS article about the trial.

The cops are still guilty, just not on all charges.

SpdRcrZ
04-15-2006, 10:44 PM
That was some bull $h!t if I ever seen it.
They had some good lawyers. They paid ,............. believe me. But they all got fired and I am sure that they will all be seen in the street and someone will recognize them and give them a taste of their own medicine :devil :flipoff2:

now that they where found not guilty, they can actually apeal their firing.

Its a load full of SH!T that they got off. Not one of their stories where believable......

First Bartlette says that he didnt see anyone do anything 'not by the book', then changes his story (after he was fingered by the female officer, and her partner on the stand) and says that the first 'on duty' male officer ran up and kicked Jude in the face twice while he was on the ground...... then he says that he "put himself 'on duty' before other officers arrived" making him the first 'on duty' officer at the scene.

a truely sad day

Berettaspeed
04-16-2006, 02:08 AM
in all honesty i really don't care, but i was surprised and yet was not surprised.. like someone lese said. they are cops it doesnt matter if the person who got beat up was green. sending cops to jail is near impossible. so thats why in not so surprised. cops stick together like any brother or sister would.

DocDave
04-17-2006, 07:19 AM
To begin, I am surprised they all where not guilty; and unfortunately it sends the wrong message to the public about the Milwaukee government.
But all that aside, forget that these guys where cops and that Jude was a piece of crap. If you and I got in a fight at a party at my house and my buddies and I beat you half to death we would see jail time. Plain and simple.

H8RADE
04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
If I were driving past an alley and saw some thugs disemboweling those 3 pieces of chit...
I would smile and wave...
I truly hope that these 3 men, along with others from that night, are tied to a chair or wall somewhere and slowly cut into little pieces...
That POS they beat probably deserved some of what he got, but the corruption and outright lying in the MPD ranks makes me taste bile.
:flipoff2:

jbiscuit
04-17-2006, 07:30 AM
get ready for the riots. The marches start today...100,000 expected.

DirtyMax
04-17-2006, 08:37 AM

People were already marching Friday night, well actually it was Saturday morning if you want to get technical. I came out of the bar and I was like WTF?!? But it wasn't anywhere near 100,000 people. Think of the disruption that will cause.

jbiscuit
04-17-2006, 08:38 AM
yea I heard that too....they were saying on the radio this morning that today-tomorrow could turn ugly

Nix
04-17-2006, 09:15 AM
The jury was all white

:wstupid

SpdRcrZ
04-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I hope there is a riot......

......and I'm going to get a sticker for my back window that says 'You are being video taped for my protection'...... maybe it will detear cops from kicking my ass when they pull me over. ;) now that they know they can get away with it, what else is going to stop them.

animal
04-17-2006, 01:23 PM

Where are they going to be? That way I can steer clear of that area.

jbiscuit
04-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Where are they going to be?

No idea, I just heard it on the radio....I would imagine they would start at the courthouse???

animal
04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
JSonline claims a march is planned for tuesday from county courthouse tofed courthouse that "could reach 100,000 people".

Big Boost
04-18-2006, 08:22 AM
The only problem with the public protesting is that the MPD knows that they can beat the sh*t out of the protesters. I wouldn't go down there to receive a "free AZZ kicking"!!

PARALYZER
04-18-2006, 09:15 AM
What really pissed me off wasn't as much the verdict....that was expected... especially with all of the events that led up to that. The cops that were there not telling the truth on what happend is what pisses me off. Plus the chick cop that did talk is being treated like crap. That is not right. She was standing up for something wrong that happend. No matter what Jude did to his mom, he did not deserve getting punched and kicked along with a pen being shoved in his ear. He was not even recognizeable after that beating. He didnt beat himself up.....Whos is going to pay for this crime?? The cops in Milwaukee are so dirty.