PDA

View Full Version : Serious poll....Moderation of the board or not?

Yooformula
04-12-2006, 12:13 PM
OK, we have let the boards run themselves for some time with very little interference from the admins but lately its getting out of hand. Do you members feel we should have rules and moderate the boards accordingly? This means locked threads for violence or racists remarks, inappropriate conduct in certain forums, etc, etc....

Obviously, members that donated will have more say that freeloading trolls but what say you?? And ftr, those that dont like it, dont have to stay.

jbiscuit
04-12-2006, 12:15 PM
mods, please delete the above post.

Cryptic
04-12-2006, 12:20 PM
I dont have the time to read all the posts myself. Specially when threads get 10 pages long.

number1
04-12-2006, 12:20 PM
I kinda like the way it is. I hate others forums where freedom of speech is impaired. Some forums don't let you post links to parts or companies, and I like to be able to talk about new parts coming to the market, or companies I've had success with.

ruhlahan
04-12-2006, 12:23 PM
I think a few mods wouldn't help.. just maybe helping stop threads before they get out of hand... I don't see any harm in that. especially when sometimes, people stay up later, its good to have mods that are on at all different hours...

H8RADE
04-12-2006, 12:23 PM
mods, please delete the above post.

x2
What's the matter Rabbit?
Didn't your mother teach you how to chug?

Yooformula
04-12-2006, 12:24 PM
I kinda like the way it is. I hate others forums where freedom of speech is impaired. Some forums don't let you post links to parts or companies, and I like to be able to talk about new parts coming to the market, or companies I've had success with.

Thats not the kind of moderation we are talking about. Its mainly highjacking threads, violence towards others, blatant racism, etc. The only thing about compaines is that the board is hosted by Andy PERSONALLY with contributions from some members here so advertising from vendors wont be allowed no matter what, unless they want to chip in towards the costs. Btw, we still have the NWS forum for other stuff so that wont change.

Cryptic
04-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Please delete the above post.
:rolf

oops I missed

JohnnyT
04-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I agree that some of the posts have gone over the line lately, but this is really nothing new for BCM. Just a bunch of new players in the game. We have always had our trolls and troublemakers through the years. This time of year is always rough because everyone is anticipating the nice weather when they can actually get out and do stuff with their cars and have a tendency to get a little antsy.

When we had moderators before, it was more of a popularity contest to see who could be the moderators and what kind of control they could get over the rest of the "commoners" on the board. I think thatthis board has survived and grown well since the moderators have been abolished. While there have been some infractions, I think they have more or less always worked themselves out. Just my .02...

Cryptic
04-12-2006, 01:15 PM
There are a few individuals who make good use of "Report a Post" which helps me alot.

T-Bag
04-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Keep it as is...it hasn't gottent hat bad. Most of the idiots get weeded out anyways.

Flicktitty
04-12-2006, 01:24 PM
you could mod it a little bit, if you need help let me know. i'm always on the computer.

animal
04-12-2006, 01:27 PM
I think it's always a good idea as long as you don't have power trippin mods... like me. I'd close the entire ricer forum if i had the power :goof

DirtyMax
04-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't think you need much more moderation. There's a lot of good people here who do a good job of pwning the trolls, then all Andy and Yoo gotta do is come through and whip out the ban stick. :chair:

Flicktitty
04-12-2006, 01:58 PM
I think it's always a good idea as long as you don't have power trippin mods... like me. I'd close the entire ricer forum if i had the power :goof
that makes sense :loser

GTSLOW
04-12-2006, 02:06 PM
OK, we have let the boards run themselves for some time with very little interference from the admins but lately its getting out of hand. Do you members feel we should have rules and moderate the boards accordingly? This means locked threads for violence or racists remarks, inappropriate conduct in certain forums, etc, etc....

Obviously, members that donated will have more say that freeloading trolls but what say you?? And ftr, those that dont like it, dont have to stay.

I dunno I remeber the days of when we had mods, but there wasnt nearly as many people. It's worth a try and if it doesnt work then we can go back.

Does buying a calender count as donating :D Oh and Yoo still owe me a sticker :thumbsup

fireguyrick
04-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I think that having moderators would be a step forward. It would keep things flowing better. The off topic posts and thread hijacking is really not a concern to much here. There are more non technical threads then technical threads on this forum, or that is at least how it seems to me. Which, when it comes to hijacking, seems to be more of an issue with technical oriented threads.

I help moderate a subaru forum, and we spend most of our moderation weeding out trolls and keeping things within forum rules. This forum is growing in members, and with that increase there will begin a need to enforce some rules.

Rick

SlowStee
04-12-2006, 02:31 PM
I think it should be moderated more, but still leniently :)

Slow Joe
04-12-2006, 02:58 PM
I honestly like it how it is now... Yeah things do get stupid once in a while, but that's when people should take a step back and realize what's up... One of the main reasons I like this board is becasue of the lack of mods and the freedom of speech... :thumbsup

Lash
04-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I like how it is now.

Yooformula
04-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Wow, kinda surprised the pol is 50/50 right now. If everyone votes it to stay then it will.

The reporting post function is a help because its usually a bunch of people that report the same post at once so we know something is not kosher. Trolls will still get the boot AFTER the locals have fun with em.

theavenger333
04-12-2006, 06:10 PM
i'm all for it, with moderators being chosen by Yoosef and Andy. they run things now, continue it that way. as for the power trip, thats quite obvious, right now its run well, but there have been some VERY bad posts

nismodave
04-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Agreed, I trust Yoo and Andy to choose some good people to Moderate.

Lash
04-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Well...I take back my last post after some thinking. Small moderation may not be so bad as long as it dosent get out of hand. I do realize this site is growing....so it may help a little.

ruhlahan
04-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I still say, maybe 1 or 2 more mods... just so there can be more people watching the board.....

SlowStee
04-12-2006, 11:01 PM
I believe andy, Yoo, and Brandon moderate the board right??

1 or 2 more moderators would be cool..

Holeshot
04-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Guess I am a troll as I didn't know donations were asked for. So I won't vote. I like reading the fourms here. If I find something offensive I just blow it off. I am to new to make any comments as far as how this board is run. I would however want others to p.m. me If I have offended anyone...

STKMACH
04-14-2006, 04:58 PM
I voted leave it the way it is for now, If things start to get too far out of line then Mod more

SlowStee
04-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I voted leave it the way it is for now, If thongs start to get too far out of line then Mod more
thongs what?!??? where?!?

STKMACH
04-15-2006, 01:24 AM
thongs what?!??? where?!?I corrected my spelling, Gotta stop watching tv while I type

Poncho
04-15-2006, 06:00 PM
it's good in most aspects as is. nobody really steps outta the line.

but there are some hotheads here that just love to step outta line, give frivolous bad rep, and push stuff to escalate no matter what it is.

I've talked to andy here and there about stuff as I've seen it, I doubt anything was done, but it's still running.

I do think the rep system was the gayest thing ever created though.

the only real problem is when friendly ribbing goes far beyond that and never recovers.

Stangman98
04-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I can say from being a mod previously, I think you need mods here. Keep threads going the right direction, and just keeping general order. That's just my thoughts.

Firefighter Z
04-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I agree with Stangman98, I wouldn't mind being a mod again for the Classifieds Section. ;)

Teufelhunden
04-20-2006, 01:28 PM
I vote for WilliamZ, if it comes to that. He'd be a great Mod...even headed. Owns a F-Body and well liked by the domestic and the import guys as well.

GTSLOW
04-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree with Stangman98, I wouldn't mind being a mod again for the Classifieds Section. ;)

Hey your sticky is still there :thumbsup

GTSLOW
04-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Whatever you vaginas :goof

HITMAN
04-21-2006, 01:18 AM
NO
http://www.raceworx.com/imabandwidththief/nazi%20mod.jpg

GTSLOW
04-21-2006, 02:03 AM
NO
http://www.raceworx.com/imabandwidththief/nazi%20mod.jpg

Hey the lid and traction control mod have been working awsome! Thanks again :thumbsup

HITMAN
04-21-2006, 02:38 AM

Hey the lid and traction control mod have been working awsome! Thanks again :thumbsup

I'm glad we could help each other out. :D

Teufelhunden
04-21-2006, 07:26 AM
I think this might be a nice idea/way of doin it:

We should have admins and mods like any other board. Keep our 3 admins we already have ;) and gain mods for the subforums:

General Chat- Silver350
Highway 100- J (yellowwagon)
Photo section- SMS_1
E/S/G-
Fbody- William Z
Truck- Lash
Sport Compact- Al
Mustang- v6stangpower
Cutlass/monte- PB86MCSS
Old School- randpa errr Keith ya he's just really old

Technical- Tom/BadLS1
Sound Off- PoRk if he comes back
Paint-

Autox- Mike (ssmike1)
RSD-
Drag- Chris (z28kid :goof)

Classified- Josh
Media- STEALTHZR2

Some forums are so dead they dont even need mods. As for rights well the mods should be able to edit but not delete threads, change/remove/edit sigs-avatars-profiles, move threads into their sub forums, and temporarily ban/lock peoples acounts.

I know I'm a nobody that only bought one calender but hey thats my thought. :thumbsup Sorry if I didn't put your name on the list, thats just people that I think BEST relate to those forums and or comonly put input/good information into them, AND don't whore/complain/etc... except a some :goof

But then again it's soley up to our current admins and people would have to volunteer or whatever for the spots if there even are going to be any.
Thank god you are not in charge. :thumbsup :goof

JohnnyT
04-21-2006, 08:02 AM

+1 on that

Crawlin
04-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Speaking as a previous mod, I think you guys are doing just fine. If you want to appoint one or two "global mods" that have the same ability to move a post or edit a post to help keep things in order when you guys aren't on the board, that's fine. You really don't need specific mods for each specific section. There aren't enough posts in alot of that. Usually there's a good number of people that are on every day that can see a bad thread coming. So pick from those people. BUT do not pick people that have any kind of grudge against someone. That's just asking for the BS flag to be raised on why certain posts might be edited or deleted.

Crawlin
04-21-2006, 08:35 AM
I vote for WilliamZ, if it comes to that. He'd be a great Mod...even headed. Owns a F-Body and well liked by the domestic and the import guys as well.

Where do you begin and he end?

Teufelhunden
04-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Huh??

Crawlin
04-21-2006, 09:06 AM
ass kisser :)

got your head so far up his ass, can't tell where he ends and you begin.

just ******* wit ya

Teufelhunden
04-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Hahaha, I think. You were a mod here once right?

Crawlin
04-21-2006, 09:16 AM
yeah, but I did a TON of different forums because there were only like 100 members, haha. At this point like my first post, we just need one or two other "helpers" to clean up when yoosof or brandon or andy can't.

Teufelhunden
04-21-2006, 09:39 AM
ass kisser :)

got your head so far up his ass, can't tell where he ends and you begin.

just ******* wit ya

Took me a bit to find the post. Maybe you're just sore because of this pic and my posts on that thread. You were just secretly jealous of Williams... :rolf

http://images16.fotki.com/v279/photos/4/446466/1834247/IMG_3173-vi.jpg

Either way is kinda funny. Just throwing some sh1t back your way.

Yooformula
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I was only thinking of 1 or 2 mods, in no way even close to what Nan suggested..lol but if it gets voted down, then so be it. This thread brought it to the member's attention so I think the senior guys will be more vigilent on their own so I dont think we will really need too much more. I really like when members initiate a vote to ban, makes it alot easier for us.

Slow Joe
04-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I think Nan went a little overboard... I mean come on... Me, a mod :rolf :durr And Yoo the way I look at it right now is that we have 1 or 2 mods... You and Andy...

Crawlin
04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Either way is kinda funny. Just throwing some sh1t back your way.

Hahaha, yeah that is funny. A couple other people find it funny too for similar reasons ;) 12.2 on 150 shot with the converter doesn't make me jealous :) Now where's williams to fire back at my piece of crap car?

Chris

"Who's on first? Who's on second?"

WilliamZ
04-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Hahaha, yeah that is funny. A couple other people find it funny too for similar reasons ;) 12.2 on 150 shot with the converter doesn't make me jealous :) Now where's williams to fire back at my piece of crap car?

Chris

"Who's on first? Who's on second?"

Why are firing at me? A 150 shot? That was last year without the converter. Get your facts straight.. This year I was using a 70 shot with the converter.

Crawlin
04-21-2006, 01:58 PM
We talked... don't be so serious. it's just jabbing. We know you got the 150 jets from Clint already though ;)

Teufelhunden
04-21-2006, 02:11 PM
[bcm drama]My post(s) on that other thread (which the pic above is from) had nothing to do with you Crawlin. Had more to do with what happened the night of the BW3's meet and post of mine on the bw3's meet thread. It was nice of you though to think otherwise, and have it eat away at you thinking I was poking at you. PM ME next time. Did you block me on AIM btw?

Stangman98
04-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Back to the subject at hand?

GTSLOW
04-21-2006, 02:32 PM

+1 on that

So I hear you want a pic of me filling up my car? :sgay :rolf

Crawlin
04-21-2006, 07:34 PM
[bcm drama]My post(s) on that other thread (which the pic above is from) had nothing to do with you Crawlin. Had more to do with what happened the night of the BW3's meet and post of mine on the bw3's meet thread. It was nice of you though to think otherwise, and have it eat away at you thinking I was poking at you. PM ME next time. Did you block me on AIM btw?

My AIM? My AIM is now "z28onn2o" cause i couldn't remember the password to my other screenname. Been that way for a month now, and we never talked on AIM anyways?

Yeah, ate away at me at first, which is why i asked a question. Wasn't my proudest moment in history so when someone might say **** that has no business doing, i'm gonna ask. Anyone would. Nuff said, drama over.

Berettaspeed
04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
i like it the way it is. i think if someone didn't like somthing the mods right now would get PM'ed or somthing like that. i think for the most part most of us are pretty good.

there is one topic where yeah we got carried away...hehe

MurphysLaw88GT
04-23-2006, 10:08 PM
in the words of towleee from southpark: "i dont know whats going on"

Nickerz
04-27-2006, 10:48 AM
moderating a forum is always a good idea... in moderation (oh the ironing!) Basically all you want mods for is to delete "hey check out my new product!" spam posts, racist and tasteless remarks, and move topics in the wrong section. Once you go past that your in a grey area, or dare I say ghey area.

JohnnyT
04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
So I hear you want a pic of me filling up my car? :sgay :rolf

Why the he11 not, we have seen pics of everything else you have done to it. :sgay

GTSLOW
04-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Why the he11 not, we have seen pics of everything else you have done to it. :sgay

:rolf I'll see what I can do :thumbsup

Russ Jerome
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I like how it is now.

Have not read thru everyones thoughts, I'm a MOD on
other boards (National) and this site runs smoothly.

When the forum gets out of hand members will PM the
Admin, then it will be time. If people dont follow the rules
that the forum owner set, I make it swift and permenant.