PDA

View Full Version : anybody tune megasquirt?

rally_scort
04-12-2006, 09:42 AM
ive been lookin at a car for sale and its got the full megasquirt and spark program and it comes with the laptop and megatune software but i dont know anything bout standalone so is there anybody that knows how to hook it up and also tune it?i dont want to pass this car up but im not goin to buy it if i cant drive it soon after i buy it...please help

JohnnyT
04-12-2006, 10:13 AM
AMS in Illinois tune that. They are pretty booked though. I just called them the other day about tuning my new car and they said they are backed up until mid June!

http://www.amsperformance.com/

From their website:
Dyno Tuning
Want to see how much horsepower your car makes? How about extracting the most power out of your car while retaining daily driveablity. AMS's dyno facility and tuning center is renowed for tuning out fast and reliable cars. From daily drivers to all out race cars, we can help you get the most out of your vehicle. We have extensive knowledge in engine tuning and performance. We can tune any piggyback ECU system along with a long list of engine management systems like:
-AEM EMS
-MOTEC
-AUTRONIC
-HALTECH
-LINK
-FAST
-MEGASQUIRT
- and more...

rally_scort
04-12-2006, 10:17 AM
screw that...i need this done like this month or next at the latest.thanks for the help though.

Flicktitty
04-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Try getting ahold of A-Spec Tuning,Sound Performance,or Devo Tuning....one of those 3 must be able to tune Megasquirt.
http://www.a-spectuning.com/
http://www.sound-performance.com/
http://www.devotuning.com/
or MAYBE! Alhoa Automotive from the millwaukee area....

turboZ
04-12-2006, 11:21 AM
with a little time and practice and a wideband you should be able to get a fairly good tune. but if its way over you head anybody that has any experience with a standalone should be able to through a pretty good tune at it.

rally_scort
04-12-2006, 11:26 AM
yeah "WAY WAY over my head"...too many numbers and i dont want to blow up something.ive never used any type of standalone or aftermarket management.ive heard that there are a few people around that know megasquirt but i dont know how to get a hold of em.thanks guys

sloLs1
04-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I have used it before but i am not in the area... i am away at school!!! if you really want to... Dynotune might be able to help you out... a guy that worked there awhile ago had a turbo saturn running that program!!!

rally_scort
04-12-2006, 01:23 PM
ah...where is dynotune located? id like to take it someplace local but ill c what is around here.

sloLs1
04-12-2006, 05:23 PM
^^^ i think its around the madison area?!?!!? i dont know... search the phone book or the web!!

junk mx6 no rly
04-14-2006, 09:01 AM
matt mass ask him duh :alcoholic

number1
04-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Dynotune is in Madison

NCR has had bad luck with Megasquirting probes, so I've been told by a few people.

Look on msefi.com We MSed my buddies probe GT. It is not that hard to do, just read a lot about it.

rally_scort
04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
well the car is gunna be basically a probe gt but with the klze motor instead so im guessin you would know how to wire it up and maybe run a base map...i can make it worth ur time if u could help.

phat95nosdsc2
04-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I run it in my setup, its pretty easy to tune for standalone, but if you dont have a clue, pretty much any dyno shop should be able to tune, if they can tune a haltech aem electromotive etc, they can tune the MS good luck mang

rally_scort
05-19-2006, 05:36 PM
i need somebody local to tune the megasquirt or at least run a base map...anybody?

sloLs1
05-19-2006, 05:39 PM
^^^ i would help you but i wont be home untill june 24... if you can wait i can help!!!

rally_scort
05-19-2006, 06:09 PM
yeah i can wait..gotta get the system yet anyways...im still tryin to find out what i all need to run megasquirt on a 93 turbo probe...

DurtyKurty
05-21-2006, 12:12 AM
I have done a couple of Megasquirts on Mustangs. They're a good setup for the money. I would say that I have a bit of experience with them.

So you don't have the car yet or the MS?

What kind of ignitions system do 93 probes come with? I have done TFI and EDIS ignitions.

Do you know what Megasquirt Version you have/are getting?

The hardest part is figuring out what ignition you want to run and deciding if you want to use the factory harness or make a new one.

NCR Performance
05-24-2006, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=number1]
NCR has had bad luck with Megasquirting probes, so I've been told by a few people.
QUOTE]

And who did you hear this from may I ask?

We have installed and tuned 8 megasquirt'ed probes now. 4 of them turbo. Never have I had a problem. :shrug: